Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

Old Mouseketeer

Guess that just leaves JJ, the Soarin indoor Q and theatres as the only completely untouched areas in the whole park?
Like I said, it depends on where you set the bar. Zephyr is some new paint. Sun Wheel/etc. is both paint and ID. Soarin' is a different exterior and film. There are so many variables.

Old Mouseketeer

I’m taking completely unchanged.

Then zero, except possibly JJ.

But how long did anything at DL remain completely unchanged? There were constant tweaks and improvements, even when Walt was alive. By the time of the Tencennial, how much remained? Parts of Fantasyland? Astrojets? Flight to the Moon? Main St. transportation? And let's not forget the Guatemalan Weavers shop in Adventureland (an original lessee).

Phroobar

Technically the only true one is Jumping Jellyfish if you consider sign changes a change. The Golden Zephyr lost it's Paradise sign.

D.Silentu

It took an excessive amount of time for them to rework the bakery tour. For so long it was such a time capsule. That "Maseca" kid was graduating from college before they decided to update it.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Technically the only true one is Jumping Jellyfish if you consider sign changes a change. The Golden Zephyr lost it's Paradise sign.

Right but i think it’s more interesting if take it to a more granular level like trees, shrubs and Soarins indoor Q

Ismael Flores

Rita's Margarita is still the same as day 1. Award Weiner's sign with its lame puns is still original too. The bathrooms in paradise garden are still vintage too haha

awards weiners and the smoochie were both remodeled. they removed all the stainles steal after they realized that both locations face the sun all day and guests were burning and cooking when the steal got hot.

Disneyland/DCA

awards weiners and the smoochie were both remodeled. they removed all the stainles steal after they realized that both locations face the sun all day and guests were burning and cooking when the steal got hot.

Ya but the sign is still the same one. Is the shmoozie's sign still the Same? I don't know.

And yes, they are still route 66 themed.

So is Rita' s the only thing left utterly and
completely unchanged?

I miss the sea serpent from world of motion being in the hollywood backlot

BrianLo

Original Poster
  • Marvel Land. Is planned to open with a "C Ticket" in the Bugs theater in 2020, but she doesn't know which one they landed on after the big Avengers E Ticket coaster was cancelled due to being hugely expensive and ridiculously low on rider capacity. She said there's a lady VP in TDA named Chris who hates that all WDI designs nowadays are big budget rides that have horrible ride capacity. She said that when Richard Nunis was running the Parks Division in the 1980's and 90's it was all about ride capacity, but the new crop of Imagineers are all 23 year old interns who never worked in Operations or middle aged celebrity Imagineers who sniff their noses at the lowly theme park operators and their bosses as they glide away in their Tesla to a swanky west LA home. She said the average salary at WDI could pay the salary of three or four theme park managers, and WDI currently is really out of touch with how theme parks operate. It's a big problem, but at least their visually impressive but operationally flawed Avengers coaster got cancelled just in the nick of time thanks to the work of the VP Chris and others who rallied around the glaring capacity problem. Marvel Land will be completed in phases that will stretch into the 2020's, but how much money it gets and how many rides get built will depend on Anaheim politics in 2019.

Per @TP2000

TimeDuck

• Marvel Land. Is planned to open with a "C Ticket" in the Bugs theater in 2020, but she doesn't know which one they landed on after the big Avengers E Ticket coaster was cancelled due to being hugely expensive and ridiculously low on rider capacity. She said there's a lady VP in TDA named Chris who hates that all WDI designs nowadays are big budget rides that have horrible ride capacity. She said that when Richard Nunis was running the Parks Division in the 1980's and 90's it was all about ride capacity, but the new crop of Imagineers are all 23 year old interns who never worked in Operations or middle aged celebrity Imagineers who sniff their noses at the lowly theme park operators and their bosses as they glide away in their Tesla to a swanky west LA home. She said the average salary at WDI could pay the salary of three or four theme park managers, and WDI currently is really out of touch with how theme parks operate. It's a big problem, but at least their visually impressive but operationally flawed Avengers coaster got cancelled just in the nick of time thanks to the work of the VP Chris and others who rallied around the glaring capacity problem. Marvel Land will be completed in phases that will stretch into the 2020's, but how much money it gets and how many rides get built will depend on Anaheim politics in 2019.

Per @TP2000

Thanks for the summary.

Glad to hear that this in-fighting came to a head just in time to ruin the plans for Marvel. What a relief. And with Disney essentially cutting ties with the city fiscally, you can essentially consider this to be the last "expansion" of DL/DCA. Which means I expect all future new rides to be replacements of old ones.

As I'm assuming based on previous reports that the future planned phases for Marvel necessitated additional expansion,I fully expect this C-ticket to be the first and last ride Marvel land gets.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thanks for the summary.

Glad to hear that this in-fighting came to a head just in time to ruin the plans for Marvel. What a relief. And with Disney essentially cutting ties with the city fiscally, you can essentially consider this to be the last "expansion" of DL/DCA. Which means I expect all future new rides to be replacements of old ones.

As I'm assuming based on previous reports that the future planned phases for Marvel necessitated additional expansion,I fully expect this C-ticket to be the first and last ride Marvel land gets.

I won't rule out other expansions get yet. There is still unused space in the DLR that can be used for expansions. Most public and most glaringly is the motorboat lagoon.

Tony Baxter unofficially confirmed in a podcast last month that there is other space not previously known by the public that can be used for expansion. So DLR is not done expanding just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom