Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you for clarifying. This achievement is worth announcing. And, for the same reason, so was Grogu. The problem here is that they bungled the announcement. They went all "story! characters! bad skit banter!", when they should've just bragged about the cool engineering they've done and how they are bringing that effort into the parks. That would've gotten some well-deserved buzz.
Well... I assume they wanted to highlight the fact that its Hulk coming to Avengers Campus (ie the story) rather than the tech behind it (that was previously announced anyways).

MarvelCharacterNerd

Happy for a new character on Campus, but agree that I hope they can eventually show his face. Otherwise he looks like Baymax and I'm gonna bet I hear more kids screaming "Baymax!" upon seeing him than "Hulk!"

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Happy for a new character on Campus, but agree that I hope they can eventually show his face. Otherwise he looks like Baymax and I'm gonna bet I hear more kids screaming "Baymax!" upon seeing him than "Hulk!"
Not sure I agree with the Baymax comparison, but I'm hoping as time goes on his movements get better. The articulation on the Exosuit still needs some refinements, and I assume practice by the performer.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Not sure I agree with the Baymax comparison, but I'm hoping as time goes on his movements get better. The articulation on the Exosuit still needs some refinements, and I assume practice by the performer.
I expect they'll only have him out for a month - until the end of She-Hulk. It's essentially a playtest to see how it goes. The next time we see this in action, I expect it will look even better.

Consumer

Its an ExoSuit they announced at Destination D23 last year:

24uhtlu4hi2jkn4wrf.jpg

They've been working on it for awhile, one project I was looking forward to coming out of the WDI Research Division:

106930794-1629418720853-EXO_1_Cropped.jpg
This is what I mean when I say Disney is too focused on engineering and not on art.

Consumer

I'm sorry but to me this is art. To be able to mimic muscle structure and movement is not only an engineering feat but down right impressive artistically. And then to use that to bring a character to life is truly something that is literally bringing art to life.
1662950310608.png

Phroobar

Hey you go ahead and fall asleep on this.

Me, I'm already thinking about the future of this tech in the theme park space. Add more and improved movement on a robotic skeleton and then add some AI for autonomy and you got a West World type experience. :)
But how often are any of these walk around robot puppets every used. They appear briefly and disappear. Where did Lucky or Muppet Mobile Lab or even R2-D2 go? We don't even get Push anymore. Where is talking Mickey for meet & greets? They seem like a waste of money. I'm surprised the stuntbot still works.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But how often are any of these walk around robot puppets every used. They appear briefly and disappear. Where did Lucky or Muppet Mobile Lab or even R2-D2 go? We don't even get Push anymore. Where is talking Mickey for meet & greets? They seem like a waste of money. I'm surprised the stuntbot still works.
I mean you were so sure that they'd dump Spidey after a month, and yet we're already over a year of his daily use. And R2 has been at GE most of the summer at least at DLR.

Can't speak about the others, but aren't most of those from WDW which explains everything.

DrAlice

I mean you were so sure that they'd dump Spidey after a month, and yet we're already over a year of his daily use. And R2 has been at GE most of the summer at least at DLR.

Can't speak about the others, but aren't most of those from WDW which explains everything.
Push was a regular (at least at DCA) for a long time. It disappeared at some point and never returned.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Push was a regular (at least at DCA) for a long time. It disappeared at some point and never returned.
You're probably right on that. But it appears with Avengers Campus they are trying to keep their entertainment offerings and add more not remove.

So while its been said that this variation of the Hulk M&G will be for a limited time I expect him to return like the other Avengers Campus characters have, like seasonal or on a rotation. Or even a different variation of Hulk and other larger characters like Ralph to use the same technology.

Phroobar

The people on stilts at Universal Studios HHN are more realistic than this thing. They had a guy dressed as a 20ft tall crow walking among the guests. It was impressive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom