Avengers Campus: Food, Entertainment, M&G, Environment Updates

MarvelCharacterNerd

What I'm really jealous about are the extra characters Cruise Line is getting like Wong and Nebula (along with Ravagers and the Tracksuit Mafia interacting with guests).

Want them here, too! :) (Hopefully when GOTG 3 is released we will at least get Nebula.)

asianway

And/or it may have just been cut short due to the fact that the Ant Man movie didn’t do great and the character hasn’t been particularly popular.
True but since he was the phase 5-6 main villain I thought they’d want to give him extended heat

MarvelCharacterNerd

Honestly 90%+ of people were clueless who he was, which to me reflects on the film's lack of success.

For every one person saying "It's Kang!" there were tons going "Who's that guy? Is he a bad guy? What's he from?" and moving on.

Elsa Bloodstone also had that "Who is she?" response (didn't help she was wearing a brightly colored outfit while most of her onscreen appearance was in black & white), while Werewolf by Night garnered a "look at that thing" and moving on response, too.

America Chavez had a similar issue of very few people recognizing who she was plus the additional problem that she didn't look like she was wearing a costume at all and seemed to be just another guest wearing denim and sneakers.

There was little excitement for Ms. Marvel on Campus (didn't help that the character friend was cold and rude to anyone who wasn't a little kid - sadly for as much as I LOVE that character, the in-person experience was the worst character interaction I've ever had).

The last couple of newer characters who made a big splash were Mr. Knight, Mighty Thor and of course, Wanda. Hulk got lots of attention, too. Shang-Chi gets some interest here and there, but not big crowds.

Last edited:

asianway

Honestly 90%+ of people were clueless who he was, which to me reflects on the film's lack of success.

For every one person saying "It's Kang!" there were tons going "Who's that guy? Is he a bad guy? What's he from?" and moving on.

Elsa Bloodstone also had that "Who is she?" response (didn't help she was wearing a brightly colored outfit while most of her onscreen appearance was in black & white), while Werewolf by Night garnered a "look at that thing" and moving on response, too.

America Chavez had a similar issue of very few people recognizing who she was plus the additional problem that she didn't look like she was wearing a costume at all and seemed to be just another guest wearing denim and sneakers.

There was little excitement for Ms. Marvel on Campus (didn't help that the character friend was cold and rude to anyone who wasn't a little kid - sadly for as much as I LOVE that character, the in-person experience was the worst character interaction I've ever had).

The last couple of newer characters who made a big splash were Mr. Knight, Mighty Thor and of course, Wanda. Hulk got lots of attention, too. Shang-Chi gets some interest here and there, but not big crowds.
I thought there were 2 Ms marvel performers but could be mistaken.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Avengers Campus really just seems like too little too late. Disney should have built a Marvel land in 2012.
Or maybe just focused on quality over quantity for the films and did Avenger's Campus right from the beginning.

It's a fine land, perfectly acceptable. I much prefer it to "A Bug's Land," but how does the largest film franchise of all time get just okay?

If they make a version of Cosmic Rewind with an Avengers theme plus a new gift shop and stick to two movies and one high-quality show a year, Marvel will be fine. DCA will be too if they do all of that plus replace Hollywoodland.

They took their audience for granted.

truecoat

Or maybe just focused on quality over quantity for the films and did Avenger's Campus right from the beginning.

It's a fine land, perfectly acceptable. I much prefer it to "A Bug's Land," but how does the largest film franchise of all time get just okay?

If they make a version of Cosmic Rewind with an Avengers theme plus a new gift shop and stick to two movies and one high-quality show a year, Marvel will be fine. DCA will be too if they do all of that plus replace Hollywoodland.

They took their audience for granted.

Speaking of Cosmic Rewind, I didn't hear too much in the beginning when it opened but over the last 2 months, rave reviews.

MarvelCharacterNerd

As the resident Campus fan, I'll chime in -

Do I wish this land would have been given a massive budget and gone all out in theming ala Cars Land or have the visual appeal of Fantasyland or New Orleans Square? Yes.

But it has an attraction I can actually ride (WEB Slingers) and all the characters I could possibly ask for who are all allowed to play together, so...

1683423602553.png

I mean given the choice between that and a big budget themed land with very few characters who aren't allowed to interact with each other and no attractions I can go on...

1683423721428.png

Yeah, I'll take Avengers Campus every day and twice on Sundays. ;)

But it really would've been nice if both big IP's got the lands they deserved instead of what they wound up with.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Mantis will begin appearing in Avengers Campus today for a limited time.

You will be able to see Mantis with Star-Lord at the "Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!".

Are you able to take pictures with her or is she exclusive to these dance party events? Also, Webslingers might be one of the worst rides I've ever gone on. And here I thought N'avi River Journey, the modern incarnation of Figment, and Millennium Falcon were bad rides

Emmanuel

Are you able to take pictures with her or is she exclusive to these dance party events? Also, Webslingers might be one of the worst rides I've ever gone on. And here I thought N'avi River Journey, the modern incarnation of Figment, and Millennium Falcon were bad rides

Just for the Dance off show in front of the Guardians ride. You can try to get a quick pic with her after the show as i've seen people do after a show is done but they both leave quickly after the show

As for Gamora, she did appear as a M&G character before the Dance off show i went to last Saturday. so if you hadn't taken a pic with her you can try before a Dance off show. She also might make an appearance in the Doctor Strange show during this time as I saw her do twice last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom