Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Some food for thought: If Avatar is just rumored to be taking over the backlot, sparing the Hyperion for Avengers Campus, is it possible that the RCT leaving could mean Disney plans to not only fold the Hyperion, the the Animation building and Disney Junior into AC?

DisneyAJ

Some food for thought: If Avatar is just rumored to be taking over the backlot, sparing the Hyperion for Avengers Campus, is it possible that the RCT leaving could mean Disney plans to not only fold the Hyperion, the the Animation building and Disney Junior into AC?
With the 2 new attractions and the Hyperion rumored to be on standby for a 5th, AC will be plenty big enough. I’d rather see them tear down webslingers and build something better than to keep expanding AC.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I sort of doubt it, unless the idea is to move the entrance to be in one of those locations isn't of by MB.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

With the 2 new attractions and the Hyperion rumored to be on standby for a 5th, AC will be plenty big enough. I’d rather see them tear down webslingers and build something better than to keep expanding AC.
I'm more interested to see what plans they have in mind for that 5th attraction for the Hyperion Plot. Perhaps they are waiting to see the post Secret Wars slate and what is popular with that before committing on something.

MistaDee

I think Disney is definitely keeping its options open regarding the future of Hyperion, Animation Bld, and Philharmagic. In my opinion, Avengers Campus is a pretty weak themed environment and an IP that seems to be firmly in decline.

I'd rather see the Hyperion get a new facade and resume showing quality musicals and both the Philharmagic and Animation sites redeveloped to give Buena Vista Street some attractions, walk-throughs, trackless, omni-mover or otherwise. That will almost certainly not happen, but us DCA 2.0 Truthers can dream.

I think the most likely scenario is Avatar expands to Philharmagic for a phase 2 and Avengers eventually eats the Hyperion as long as Marvel remains relevant enough and Disney continues to try to minimize big labor costs like a full cast for a musical

That leaves the Animation Building and Disney Jr. as a bit of a lame duck, so I'm very curious to see how Hollywood Boulevard is treated with Avatar coming

DisneyAJ

I'm more interested to see what plans they have in mind for that 5th attraction for the Hyperion Plot. Perhaps they are waiting to see the post Secret Wars slate and what is popular with that before committing on something.

Well now that AC is getting its high capacity E ticket, and DCA as as a whole is adding two more high capacity attractions (Coco and Avatar) I think it’s time to bring this back for the 5th and final attraction. A lower capacity attraction would be a lot more doable in my opinion with the high capacity additions the park is getting.
IMG_6295.jpeg

Professortango1

As much as I love the Hyperion and what it brings to DCA and Disney Parks, I would also love to see a world where Hollywood Blvd remains and becomes an Animation Avenue with classic Disney darkrides of other IPs in the Animation Building, Philharmagic, and Hyperion spaces.

Heck, I'd love to see them get rid of Pixar on the Pier and have the Coco Ride, a true Toy Story darkride, an UP ride, maybe room for an Incredibles dakride or spinner depending upon how tightly they can design the rides.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

As much as I love the Hyperion and what it brings to DCA and Disney Parks, I would also love to see a world where Hollywood Blvd remains and becomes an Animation Avenue with classic Disney darkrides of other IPs in the Animation Building, Philharmagic, and Hyperion spaces.

Heck, I'd love to see them get rid of Pixar on the Pier and have the Coco Ride, a true Toy Story darkride, an UP ride, maybe room for an Incredibles dakride or spinner depending upon how tightly they can design the rides.
I would love to see a Disney Animation Studios Proper land as the first phase in the buildout for the Simba lot.

mickEblu

Reporting from DCA. That planter that runs along the path from AC to Cars Land is behind walls. Tried looking through there and its it’s ALL tore up. Nothing but dirt and it looks like the area has been expanded if im not mistaken. Some heavy machinery too. You know how D’amaro said dirt was moving? I think they re building a new path from AC to Cars Land.

F9A947A4-613F-45F5-AF19-3A767E844D63.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Reporting from DCA. That planter that runs along the path from AC to Cars Land is behind walls. Tried looking through there and its it’s ALL tore up. Nothing but dirt and it looks like the area has been expanded if im not mistaken. Some heavy machinery too. You know how D’amaro said dirt was moving? I think they re building a new path from AC to Cars Land.

View attachment 812444
I've seen the walls being reported on by FreshBaked and others. But there was no indication what it was for. I would think its a bit early for the AC Avengers projects to get started already since they said early 2025, but maybe that have started site prep early. That would be nice if it was for that. :)

mickEblu

I've seen the walls being reported on by FreshBaked and others. But there was no indication what it was for. I would think its a bit early for the AC Avengers projects to get started already since they said early 2025, but maybe that have started site prep early. That would be nice if it was for that. :)

In the concept art it looks like the old path goes away so they may wanted to get started on that new path for crowd flow. I’m guessing it would start from somewhere in the Dr Strange area.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In the concept art it looks like the old path goes away so they may wanted to get started on that new path for crowd flow. I’m guessing it would start from somewhere in the Dr Strange area.
Maybe I'm not visualizing it, what would be gained by moving the entire path to that planter location behind that fence though? As what would they use the old path for as it would be on the Cars Land side rather than the AC side? I mean I get moving the entrance to the land over to the Sanctum, but that doesn't require tearing up that entire planter along the path to do it.

AJFireman

Permit #:BLD2024-02617Address:745 W Katella Ave 804
Issued:8/28/2024Contractor:
Census:437 Additions, Alterations And Conversions - Nonresidential And NonhousekeepingPhone #:
Parcel #:08228043Type Of Work:Tenant Improvement
Valuation:$1,500,000.00Description:Dca - Cozy Cone Motel - Site Work: 24 Sq Ft Freestanding Pergola. (3) New Light Poles. Electrical For New Show Lighting Throughout.
Permit #:BLD2024-02581Address:745 W Katella Ave 804
Issued:6/24/2024Contractor:
Census:437 Additions, Alterations And Conversions - Nonresidential And NonhousekeepingPhone #:
Valuation:$620,000.00Description:Dca - Cozy Cone Motel/Bldg #804 - Tenant Improvement: 378 Sq Ft New Covered Canopy Attached To Existing Display Building. Relocate (2) Benches With Shade Umbrellas. With Electrical.

Could it be these permits. I know that pathway has 4 Light Poles but maybe they only need to replace 3 of them for this project. Maybe seating area for the Cozy Cone. 2 million for this area seems like a lot for what is described.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Valuation:$1,500,000.00Description:Dca - Cozy Cone Motel - Site Work: 24 Sq Ft Freestanding Pergola. (3) New Light Poles. Electrical For New Show Lighting Throughout.
Valuation:$620,000.00Description:Dca - Cozy Cone Motel/Bldg #804 - Tenant Improvement: 378 Sq Ft New Covered Canopy Attached To Existing Display Building. Relocate (2) Benches With Shade Umbrellas. With Electrical.

Could it be these permits. I know that pathway has 4 Light Poles but maybe they only need to replace 3 of them for this project. Maybe seating area for the Cozy Cone. 2 million for this area seems like a lot for what is described.
If it is for these permits I would think it would be because they needed to dig underground for the electrical. But the parcel number indicates inside Cosy Cone itself, whereas the planter is outside the area next to Luigi's.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The concept art doesn't even show that area in it though.

Here's a comparison of the concept art and a similar Google Earth shot.

Green line: Edge of existing Avengers facade
Red box: Sanctum (not going anywhere). Red arrow is the same building in both.
Yellow line: Edge of Web Suppliers
Blue Lines: Path to Cars Land. Blue Arrow is indicating the same pillar in both images.
Purple Line: The construction wall from your photo. As you see it's not really in the concept art (well, it's behind the "ship going through portal" image).

Anything new in the concept art from current land is what is going behind the existing wall to the right of the current Avengers facade.

1725057982774.png

1725058019034.png

Attachments

• 1725058009407.png
    1725058009407.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 4

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Blue Lines: Path to Cars Land. Blue Arrow is indicating the same pillar in both images.
Purple Line: The construction wall from your photo. As you see it's not really in the concept art (well, it's behind the "ship going through portal" image).

Anything new in the concept art from current land is what is going behind the existing wall to the right of the current Avengers facade.

View attachment 812475

View attachment 812477
Thanks, I wasn't really seeing it either, but got excited as it may be movement on the project early.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Thanks, I wasn't really seeing it either, but got excited as it may be movement on the project early.
I spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at Google maps of the parks lol.

Looking overhead:

Red Line: Construction fence.
Yellow bubble: The Cozy Cone area behind walls that pertains to the permit.
Blue Box: Backstage building to service Cozy Cones.
Purple Box: Zooming around it looks like mechanical equipments.....A/C condensers and what-not.
Green Lines: Vehicle gates.
Light Green Dotted Line: The "entrance" to AC.

1725058992701.png

I just don't see how the area behind the construction fence would serve to benefit AC unless they are widening the path. I don't think they are making a new path because they need those backstage elements. Either widening or re-configuring the landscape or adding additional static elements like signs or something. Plus it's across from Luigi's.

This is the view from the blue dot looking SW (It's all still Cars Land elements):

1725059340271.png

And to the NE (where AC currently starts):

1725059441582.png

mickEblu

View attachment 812475

View attachment 812477

Oh you re right. At first glance it looked like the new building was going where the current path to Cars Land is. I wonder what they re doing there then? Do you think it has anything to do with the AC expansion? I have to assume this has something to do with the expansion.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Thanks for sharing. So a seating area for Cozy cone and and lights. That’s what all the ruckus is for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom