Avengers Campus: E-Watch! (Waiting on the new ride)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

While the new theme of the ride might be a lock, the ride system is...fluid so to speak.
We'll likely have to wait until 2024 to get a more solid idea of what the ride system could be. Many including DSNY Newscast's Jack have speculated this Avengers E ticket will use some form of the Peter Pan ride system from Tokyo DisneySea. That in turn will be a Simpsons Ride like ride system or a trackless ride. I think it will be the former as in that ride you go flying with Peter Pan so it would make sense for it to be a ride where you are lifted in the air. And since the Quinjet is still of the roof it would make sense for the E ticket to involve flying through the air. And for those hoping that DCA would get a family friendly trackless dark ride like MMRR, I would bet that a trackless dark ride will be part of the Hollywood land revamp once Disneyland Forward is approved and the revived eastern gateway is built freeing up the transportation hub behind DCA.

mickEblu

We'll likely have to wait until 2024 to get a more solid idea of what the ride system could be. Many including DSNY Newscast's Jack have speculated this Avengers E ticket will use some form of the Peter Pan ride system from Tokyo DisneySea. That in turn will be a Simpsons Ride like ride system or a trackless ride. I think it will be the former as in that ride you go flying with Peter Pan so it would make sense for it to be a ride where you are lifted in the air. And since the Quinjet is still of the roof it would make sense for the E ticket to involve flying through the air. And for those hoping that DCA would get a family friendly trackless dark ride like MMRR, I would bet that a trackless dark ride will be part of the Hollywood land revamp once Disneyland Forward is approved and the revived eastern gateway is built freeing up the transportation hub behind DCA.

Can you remind me what is the TDS Peter Pan ride system? Simpsons that moves up and down with more range of motion?

GiveMeTheMusic

TDS Peter Pan is using a motion base ride vehicle with very defined sightlines so that it can easily transition from screen pods/caves to real scenes with little visual interruption. It's not a revolutionary or particularly new system. The motion base and screens will handle the water-to-flight transitions. The Simpsons/FOP speculation is incorrect.

We're all assuming Avengers DCA will use the same system based on the concept art alone.

mickEblu

TDS Peter Pan is using a motion base ride vehicle with very defined sightlines so that it can easily transition from screen pods/caves to real scenes with little visual interruption. It's not a revolutionary or particularly new system. The motion base and screens will handle the water-to-flight transitions. The Simpsons/FOP speculation is incorrect.

We're all assuming Avengers DCA will use the same system based on the concept art alone.

That sounds pretty cool and much better than any comparison to Simpsons. With that said, how would this ride system differ from say Transformers which is also on a motion base if I’m not mistaken and also moves from screen to screen. I’m guessing larger practical focused sets in between the screen pods? Is there any real water to be found on this attraction? Maybe in the load area or pre show?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Thanks for the clarification. The only thing we have seen from Peter Pan in TDS was a clip of the imagineers interacting with a holographic like display of Tick Tock the alligator. It appears more to have more depth than the visuals on MMRR.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the clarification. The only thing we have seen from Peter Pan in TDS was a clip of the imagineers interacting with a holographic like display of Tick Tock the alligator. It appears more to have more depth than the visuals on MMRR.

The screen elements in Pan are going to be very impressive IMO. The three Fantasy Springs rides are going to knock everyone out!

yensidtlaw1969

The screen elements in Pan are going to be very impressive IMO. The three Fantasy Springs rides are going to knock everyone out!

Is Pan going to require 3D glasses? It looks like the Imagineers are using 3D glasses here:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How do you do glasses free AR? I assume there would be a window for the reflection.
The camera is underneath pointing the image on the glass up above.

It would be interesting if they go down the route that some companies have tried which is a layered images to create the 3D AR/VR effect. Its the process they've been trying when producing glassless 3D movie screens and TVs.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

So as you may know Iger was seen at DLR recently and even toured AC at DCA. A positive sign this E ticket is being/will be actively worked on now and could be coming sooner than we think? (2025-2026 timeframe)

wdrive

So as you may know Iger was seen at DLR recently and even toured AC at DCA. A positive sign this E ticket is being/will be actively worked on now and could be coming sooner than we think? (2025-2026 timeframe)

I’d hazard a guess he toured AC as it’s the newest ‘thing’ more-so than any expedited plans.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I’d hazard a guess he toured AC as it’s the newest ‘thing’ more-so than any expedited plans.
That was likely the reason. As you what I said above, wishful thinking I know. But I still think 2026 as they will more than likely film the live action portions of the ride alongside Avengers Secret Wars which is the finale of the multiverse saga. And that movie got delayed to 2026. So to have the ride built by then to tie in with it would be a great move on Disney's part and DCA would get a massive E ticket for it's 25th birthday. Win-Win to me.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

With this multiverse attraction being heavily screen based I assume this can be updated with new Marvel characters fairly easily assuming they can get the actors to live filming or voice overs. But a question that I have is how often will this ride be updated? Will it be for every movie and TV show the day they drop or once every 5 or so years to coincide with an Avengers Endgame level event and all the major characters that phase's movies and TV show will be added all at once?

MarvelCharacterNerd

That occasionally would likely be when an Endgame level movie comes out.
Considering this likely wouldn't be built/open until Secret Wars is out (based on the Tron and Cosmic Rewind and Rise construction timelines) and there's no guarantee of what will come beyond it in the MCU as they presumably veer off to Fantastic Four and X-Men more fully, I don't know if there will be big Avengers event films planned beyond the current phases. I think this attraction - from what's been previewed - is focused on the current story arc (multiverse) and what comes beyond it might not even relate to update it.

Marvel in the parks are in their own universe and don't directly correlate to what's onscreen anyway (which is how both Black Panthers and both Captain Americas along with Iron Man, Loki, etc. can all be found on Campus on the same day).

Mission: BREAKOUT may be the best thing to watch - if they don't change it after GOTG 3 comes out, I wouldn't expect this E Ticket to change eventually either. And although M:BO actually has its holiday overlay, I'm not sure this E-Ticket's storyline would allow for even that kind of adaptation/update.

But it's all speculation at this point and we shall see what happens! I would just like to see it finally built so people stop complaining about no new E-Ticket there. lol Y'all enjoy your E-Tickets, I'll be over on the other side of Campus having fun playing on WEB SLINGERS! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom