Avengers 4!

Princess Leia

I'm thinking Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America are done. One of Hulk/Hawkeye survive and Black Widow survives.
My guess is Thor and Black Widow. One way to get around Hulk is that Hulk or Banner ‘dies’ (so either Banner finds a cure or the Hulk persona becomes permanent).

NateD1226

Both Bucky and Sam seem to be on the ‘potential future Captain America’ path, but I feel like Sam’s the frontrunner. I’d be fine with either character wearing the star spangled suit.

Honestly, the biggest shock would be Cap surviving the film (or not going back to the 1940s to be with Peggy, I know that rumor is still going around).
This would lead to Falcon: The Movie

Phicinfan

I'm thinking Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America are done. One of Hulk/Hawkeye survive and Black Widow survives.
I am somewhat in agreement...
Thor 4 however has been rumored to be agreed to, now do they pull the trigger and make Thor a woman now?
Iron man I am pretty sure is going to "retire" not die...too many Marvel lines have ties to Tony, but Robert Downey Jr. has a ton of movies coming not Marvel(3rd sherlock holmes as an ex.).

So to be more clear...
I don't think any of the originals ..."DIE" I think they pass on the mantle and Marvel reserves the rights to bring them back for the next castastrophe that comes. I do think Tony, Steve Rodgers, Bucky, Current Thor and Bruce Banner are goners(yeah look at the latest rumors of Hulk evicting Bruce....). I assume Natasha stays, due to coming new movie coming...

Princess Leia

https://film.avclub.com/oh-hey-tessa-thompson-s-probably-in-avengers-4-1829269424 Currently just the product of internet sleuthing, but it would be really great to have Valkyrie in this movie.

If true, she's probably in charge of the remaining Asgardian refugees, wherever they ended up (I know the initial plan was Earth, but after Thanos decimated half of them on the ship... and then again after the snap, I'm not sure if they made it to Earth or not). There are rumors of Captain Marvel & Thor teaming up, and if that's true, I wouldn't mind Valkyrie joining them.

erasure fan1

https://film.avclub.com/oh-hey-tessa-thompson-s-probably-in-avengers-4-1829269424 Currently just the product of internet sleuthing, but it would be really great to have Valkyrie in this movie.

If true, she's probably in charge of the remaining Asgardian refugees, wherever they ended up (I know the initial plan was Earth, but after Thanos decimated half of them on the ship... and then again after the snap, I'm not sure if they made it to Earth or not). There are rumors of Captain Marvel & Thor teaming up, and if that's true, I wouldn't mind Valkyrie joining them.
I just hope Korg is in A4. I want him to come back in 4 and then join the guardians.

Princess Leia

AVENGERS 4 wraps filming and Chris Evans gives his thanks

I put the link in a spoiler tag because to be honest it IS a spoiler.
Okay, I definitely think it’s possible, but I also think the theory about him & time stone might also hold some weight.

MCU fans are all holding to the HP ‘Neither can live while the other survives’ prophecy when it comes to Tony & Steve, but I almost wonder if the movie will avoid that? Taking out 85% of the ‘deaths’ in IW (because we know they’re coming back to life), and the series so far hasn’t been big on killing off major characters. It really only happens in Avengers named movies-
  • Avengers- Coulson (since he hasn’t made it back into the movies set post-2012, I think it’s safe to say he’s dead, barring the show)
  • Age of Ultron- Quicksilver (who we only had around for that movie)
  • Infinity War- Loki (probably died for real this time)

Loki is probably the biggest death in the series, so I’m actually a little hesitant now to jump on the ‘Steve and/or Tony is totally dying’ train. I feel like Drax probably has a higher chance of dying (for real) than those two now

Last edited:

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Evans is def done as Cap, this is his last movie in his contract and he hasn't renewed, the last couple of films he has been saying he is looking forward to taking on new roles outside of the MCU.

erasure fan1

Evans is def done as Cap, this is his last movie in his contract and he hasn't renewed, the last couple of films he has been saying he is looking forward to taking on new roles outside of the MCU.
As many times as hes said he's done, he has said he would still love to continue playing him. I would bet they leave A4 in a spot where they can bring back Cap for smaller parts like Stark in spiderman. Yea his contract is done but I would be shocked if we don't see Evans back behind the shield at some point.
What other movies has he been in that were good?
I thoght snowpiercer was pretty good. He hasn't been in anything great outside of him playing Cap. That's why I don't see them eliminating him from the MCU forever. They will find a way, in true comic book fashion, to leave an out to bring him back in much smaller rolls.

Ripken10

Oh I am sure they will get him back for cameos etc but his role of Cap as a main character is pretty much done after 4
While I wish he wasn't done, as he is by far my favorite, I just don't think he will be back. For me, it would be the greatest surprise ever if he fooled everybody, and he was coming back. I am sure I am in the minority, but I am ready for the end of Tony Stark. I enjoyed his character, but I have grown tired of him. But maybe that's why it is a perfect time for Captain America to go, because he is still at his peak (for me).

mhaftman7

So crazy theory time. I have this feeling that the gut punch in A4 will be Tony sacrificing himself and Cap retiring so that someone else can take over the mantle. He can’t go back due to the events of Civil War. I’d also rule out Falcon for the same reason. Would they give it to The Winter Soldier? IDK. I think that after the defeat of Thanos, that Nebula will end up with the gauntlet, like in the comics. I also think Banner dies and Hulk takes over permanently, but Banner’s mind takes over the Hulk body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom