Avatar, Tron, Guardians, Star Wars, Marvel

beachlover4444

Original Poster
Is it just me or wouldn't it have made so much sense for these to have been given their own theme park. Ideally they should have all gone into Hollywood Studios since that park was supposed to be about the movies, movie magic, making of movies, etc. It's lost it's identity and is now a hodge podge and they are doing the same to Epcot (what exactly does Guardians have to do with the experimental prototype community of tomorrow?). I dont know it just seems like they are throwing rides here and there wherever they can find space and not where it makes sense to actually be.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is it just me or wouldn't it have made so much sense for these to have been given their own theme park. Ideally they should have all gone into Hollywood Studios since that park was supposed to be about the movies, movie magic, making of movies, etc. It's lost it's identity and is now a hodge podge and they are doing the same to Epcot (what exactly does Guardians have to do with the experimental prototype community of tomorrow?). I dont know it just seems like they are throwing rides here and there wherever they can find space and not where it makes sense to actually be.

Definitely.

Oddly enough most of those were considered at one time for DHS. Not sure why they went to other parks. I don't think GotG is big enough for it's own land. And personally; I would have much rather seen all of these properties in DHS as a ride or two and not as fully-realized lands. There's no denying many of these properties can support a full land or themepark I just think it a waste of space, money and time. Why develop a massive chunk of real estate to a single IP when the same area can support multiple rides of differing IPs and unique non-IP experiences? I think the continued development of "single IP lands" is a mistake for the parks.

Last edited:

beachlover4444

Original Poster
Oddly enough most of those were considered at one time for DHS. Not sure why they went to other parks. I don't think GotG is big enough for it's own land. And personally; I would have much rather seen all of these properties in DHS as a ride or two and not as fully realized lands. There's no denying many of these properties can support a full land or themepark I just think it a waste of space, money and time developing a massive chunk of real estate to a single IP when the same area can support multiple rides of different IPs and unique experiences.
I feel the same way.... if you are not a fan of avatar like I am not, and I cant ride the banshees i get vertigo, so once i've walked through the pretty land and ooh and aah a bit then I'm over it. Though it is beautiful it's not something that makes me want to fly or drive to florida to see. The slow boat ride is too short and the wait line too long, they missed the boat on that one. You either like Avatar or ou dont.

Disneyhead'71

All of the parks are about the movies essentially now. Good luck waiting for a brand new non-IP attraction anytime in the future.

Tron fits perfectly fine in Tomorrowland, TBH. Avatar fits perfectly in AK as well. And Marvel? Well. Epcot needs SOMEthing.
Tron is fine in Tomorrowland. Avatar doesn't in any way belong in DAK. I know. I know "conservation" something something. No! It's shallow and an assault to intellectualism and critical thinking. Which is what DAK is really about. It's suppose to be an educational park. Wall.E is more of a statement about conservation than Avatar and it has one animal in it. It doesn't fit in DAK either. I also know you are gonna say that DAK was going to include mythical beasts like dragons. Yes, beasts that have the sociological weight and depth of human histrory behind them. Dragons have been around since at least 5000B.C. in Chinese lore. Avatar is pop culture with slightly more depth than Sharknado. It is a pretty land and a great ride. But it is to education what Cola-Cola is to nutrition.

Animaniac93-98

Tron is fine in Tomorrowland. Avatar doesn't in any way belong in DAK. I know. I know "conservation" something something. No! It's shallow and an assault to intellectualism and critical thinking. Which is what DAK is really about. It's suppose to be an educational park. Wall.E is more of a statement about conservation than Avatar and it has one animal in it. It doesn't fit in DAK either. I also know you are gonna say that DAK was going to include mythical beasts like dragons. Yes, beasts that have the sociological weight and depth of human histrory behind them. Dragons have been around since at least 5000B.C. in Chinese lore. Avatar is pop culture with slightly more depth than Sharknado. It is a pretty land and a great ride. But it is to education what Cola-Cola is to nutrition.

If you have to make several youtube videos explaining why it fits, it probably doesn't.

eliza61nyc

I feel the same way.... if you are not a fan of avatar like I am not, and I cant ride the banshees i get vertigo, so once i've walked through the pretty land and ooh and aah a bit then I'm over it. Though it is beautiful it's not something that makes me want to fly or drive to florida to see. The slow boat ride is too short and the wait line too long, they missed the boat on that one. You either like Avatar or ou dont.

True you could say that for any of the super rides. I don't think rides are made to be thought of independently.
I don't like the mountains ( space, splash or runaway mtn) so thinking of magic kingdom as just them wouldn't be appealing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

Animal Kingdom is about man's relationship with nature primarily through the lense of animals and man made structures that have been run down and reclaimed by nature.
Pandora is about man's relationship with nature primarily through the lense of animals (fictional alien animals used as a tool to represent real life animal behaviors) and man made structures that have been run down and reclaimed by nature.​

Also, DAK was never meant as an educational park. There are educational elements and areas, but that was never meant as an overarching theme. Festival of the Lion King, Tough to be a Bug, Dinoasaur, Kali, and the safari all have roughly the same amount of an educational focus, if not less, than anything in Pandora.

You can hate the land. That is ok. You are perfectly ok having an opinion different than mine about Avatar. But if your argument is centered around the themes and purpose of DAK and Pandora, you should have at least some basic understanding of the themes and purpose of DAK and Pandora.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

As soon as you become a major shareholder or sit on Joe Rhode's left-hand side during meetings, its just your opinion compare to a bowl of other nuts. Pick and choose as you see fit, but it will still remain in the realm of hyperbole.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Definitely.

Oddly enough most of those were considered at one time for DHS. Not sure why they went to other parks. I don't think GotG is big enough for it's own land. And personally; I would have much rather seen all of these properties in DHS as a ride or two and not as fully-realized lands. There's no denying many of these properties can support a full land or themepark I just think it a waste of space, money and time. Why develop a massive chunk of real estate to a single IP when the same area can support multiple rides of differing IPs and unique non-IP experiences? I think the continued development of "single IP lands" is a mistake for the parks.

To me the main goal of a theme park is to immerse you in themed environments. In the past they have provided immersion in generic environments like Forntierland or Adventurland, or specific movies though single rides. I think single IP lands are just the next step in immersion. Personally, Diagon Alley at Universal is my favorite part of any theme park I have visited, because it does such a great job at totally immersing you in the world of those movies. I also think Hogsmede, Cars Land, and Pandora are also great single IP lands. Although I haven't visited it in person, I think Toy Story Land misses the mark a bit since I don't think it's an environment that lends itself well to immersion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom