doctornick

Why Bug's Land attractions were never put under the Tree of Life, a la TDS Mermaid Lagoon, has always surprised me.

Yeah. I probably would avoid Flik's Flyers (even though it's the best themed one of the rides) because it duplicates Triceratops Spin. But why not add 2 or all 3 of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Ladybug Boogie or Drive Em Buggies? They would be cheap and easy to add, fit thematically, and add to the ride count, which is desperately needed. I'm not saying it would be a focal point or a major addition, just something to even out the park.

RSoxNo1

It's not "somewhere in between" $500M and $1.1B. It's in the MIDDLE of $500M and $1.1M.

I think the reason it's higher than the original estimates is because those estimates were JUST Avatar itself. My number is the entire DAK full day project, since that's how the budget was allotted.
Any chance this budget also includes Pandas?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I actually hope they avoid a theater setup like Fantasmic! as well. I always feel like it is such a waste that the theater sits unused throughout the day -- just such an inefficient use of land. I've wondered if they could use that theater for something else during daylight hours (maybe a water based stunt show?)

Originally, I had hoped/imagined that a WoC show would be done on the Discovery River, in the area in between Africa/Nemo/Dinoland. But others have indicated that since it is a natural body of water, that it would not be usable for such a show and a totally new artificial lake (essentially, a large pool) would be needed instead. I really like the setup in Epcot/MK and DLR where the shows just occur within the park and you can be just walking alone and it can start.

I'm kind of wondering if a nighttime parade -- a fire heavy one has been proposed -- might be a better option for DAK than a WoC lake/theater since you wouldn't be using space and money to build the infrastructure. Or at least the infrastructure would be cheaper.

I love the idea, but I'm a bit concerned about something fire heavy in such a heavily wooded area. It's not like around the World Showcase, where there is plenty of space between vegetation and the fire effects.

It would make me nervous, trying to plan something like that.

iheartdisney91

Whatever disney does for Animal Kingdom i hope it'll be perfect, with working parts that don't break down. "EE" is a "perfect" experience in my opinion... IF the yeti worked. I hope AK does not add anything thats going to be an on going question.

doctornick

So, to anyone who can answer... was looking at the overhead maps of DAK and there are a bunch of buildings next to (on the west side) of CMM. Can anyone indicate what they are used for and would they go away as part of the Avatar build? I'm sure some of that backstage is for the FOTLK show pieces and will not end up being stored there but will be moved towards Africa. FWIW, I'm not talking about the stuff on the far side of West Savannah Cir (Pride Rock, etc.) which I would expect to stay but the buildings right next to FOTLK and the CMM M&G's.

bubbles1812

I've been out of loop, so what's the current state of the Avatar/AK project?
E ticket
C ticket that may be switched to just a walk through
Restaurant with QS and TS at night
Gift shop
Night time show very possibly going the way of the dodo...Will be first to go if/when the project goes over budget
Lighting/infrastructure upgrades

Things already out of consideration: Night time parade

FreedomWrangler

Now I'm all excited about the thought of a big a** model in a room somewhere that doesn't fit through doorways. I picked the wrong profession.
This is how I like to imagine all of TWDC working...even the Board types. Everyone walking around in big-a** rooms all agog waiting to release projects and merchandise to impress me with Mickey's magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom