Figment2005

Universal will have London started in 2012 and completed in 2014 with two e-tickets, a show, and a restaurant.

Avatar land was announced in 2011 and won't be completed until 2017 at least, with an e-ticket, a c-ticket, and a restaurant.

How the mighty have fallen.
That's not an accurate statement. Universal announced their expansion after development, not to mention construction had already started. Disney had barely even started negotiations on what the land could possibly include when that announced. NONE of the development had been done. Apples to oranges when making a comparison like that.

Padraig

That's not an accurate statement. Universal announced their expansion after development, not to mention construction had already started. Disney had barely even started negotiations on what the land could possibly include when that announced. NONE of the development had been done. Apples to oranges when making a comparison like that.

Demolition of Jaws began in January 2012, DA was announced in May 2013 and they'll be open in 2014. Avatar was announced 2011 and will be open ????.

Nobody pushed Disney into making an ill-timed announcement, it was up to them to have their ducks lined up. The failure to deliver is on them. It's embarrassing, looks amateurish and is totally unacceptable.

Figment2005

Demolition of Jaws began in January 2012, DA was announced in May 2013 and they'll be open in 2014. Avatar was announced 2011 and will be open ????.

Nobody pushed Disney into making an ill-timed announcement, it was up to them to have their ducks lined up. The failure to deliver is on them. It's embarrassing, looks amateurish and is totally unacceptable.
Your still ignoring the fact that Potters phase 2 was under development when phase 1 was being built. Your still looking at concept to completion taking about 5 years.

Padraig

Your still ignoring the fact that Potters phase 2 was under development when phase 1 was being built. Your still looking at concept to completion taking about 5 years.

I'm ignoring it because it's totally irrelevant. What people don't know about doesn't worry them. The time to completion after a project enters the sphere of public consciousness is the only time that matters to Joe Public.

DisneyFan 2000

Night time show very possibly going the way of the dodo...Will be first to go if/when the project goes over budget

Things already out of consideration: Night time parade

Such a shame chances are favoring the project going over-budget since the two options above are personally my favorite and have me most excited. Obviously the general public feels differently but I'd really enjoy a good new nighttime parade and / or show that isn't MK-based - even at the expense of an E-ticket.

Padraig

I still have this theory that Disney are purposely delaying the project. That confidence is extremely low in the property and they'd like to see the reaction to the first sequel before they fully commit. If it performs like the first, or wins the summer, then all is good. If it turns into After Earth, you could see a building site being re-purposed into something else.

twebber55

I still have this theory that Disney are purposely delaying the project. That confidence is extremely low in the property and they'd like to see the reaction to the first sequel before they fully commit. If it performs like the first, or wins the summer, then all is good. If it turns into After Earth, you could see a building site being re-purposed into something else.

well they said all along 2013 start of construction...confidence in the property is low only according to disney net boards

doctornick

Yeah, but they didn't announce it and then go quiet about it. "Avatar" was announced when I was in WDW last time... They shouldn't have announced it so early. It was a stupid move.

That's a completely different issue from how long it is taking to develop/build. If you are comparing build times, you need to compare apples to apples (Universal is still much quicker, but not to the extreme alleged earlier in this thread by a false comparison).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom