Wikkler

I agree with Tahu... It's not like modern-day carnivores are like "CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG." so it's unrealistic to expect Cretaceous carnivores to be like that... let alone the herbivores

Last edited:

doctornick

I agree with Tahu... It's not like modern-day carnivores are like "CRUSH. KILL. DESTROY. SWAG." so it's unrealistic to expect Cretaceous carnivores to be like that...

Yeah, I don't see why a primeval safari would intrinsically be more dangerous than Kilimanjaro is on the other side of the park.

ctxak98

Well the next time someone goes an pets Tigers and Lions in the wild and doesn't get attacked, then I will say I am wrong. But until then, I must say that id the carnivore is not tamed, Then yes it will be defensive and try and attack you. Same goes for any animal that feel uncomfortable with you in its space! I am not saying it will eat you!

But sure the ride could maybe see them from a distance and that would be fine....but not up close and personal as to see the detail of the dinosaur. Unless its a baby of course!

Seabasealpha1

I dunno...I guess I'm still suffering from the painful and sudden realization that one of the worst Disney films ever (DINOSAUR) is still somehow represented at a Disney Park E Ticket...you'd think given how they are now-a-days about failed properties (not a single hope for ANYTHING John Carter in Tomorrowland or Lone Ranger in Frontierland) that they'd have jerked the stupid references and the crappy CG Aladar from Countdown to Extinction by now...along with that sad statue out front...

That being said, Cameron is sure taking his sweet time dishing out further Avatar movies...at the rate he's going, the cultural relevance is still gaining staleness...I mean...all people remember about the first movie is one of four things...

1. People puked from the 3-D Effects.
2. the Na'vi are blue..
3. It was the highest grossing movie of all time...(even this gets forgotten!)
3. It was basically like Ferngully/Pocohontas in every cliche way possible for story line...heck...all it needed was Tim Curry...or some Mel Gibson...

Makes me nervous what they're doing at AK...seems like a big gamble...not to mention the fact that Fox is apparently building their own theme parks soon...whose to say they won't find a way to pull some strings here...and get Cameron to change teams...? Maybe the progress is held up by something along these lines? Maybe it's caution?

On a positive note though...the lion king show is FINALLY going to where it belongs...hindsight there is definitely 20/20 for TDO...and that folks is PROGRESS!

eh...that's my short rant here...and there first one at that!

Last edited:

matt9112

I dunno...I guess I'm still suffering from the painful and sudden realization that one of the worst Disney films ever (DINOSAUR) is still somehow represented at a Disney Park E Ticket...you'd think given how they are now-a-days about failed properties (not a single hope for ANYTHING John Carter in Tomorrowland or Lone Ranger in Frontierland) that they'd have jerked the stupid references and the crappy CG Aladar from Countdown to Extinction by now...along with that sad statue out front...

That being said, Cameron is sure taking his sweet time dishing out further Avatar movies...at the rate he's going, the cultural relevance is still gaining staleness...I mean...all people remember about the first movie is one of four things...

1. People puked from the 3-D Effects.
2. the Na'vi are blue..
3. It was the highest grossing movie of all time...(even this gets forgotten!)
3. It was basically like Ferngully/Pocohontas in every cliche way possible for story line...heck...all it needed was Tim Curry...or some Mel Gibson...

Makes me nervous what they're doing at AK...seems like a big gamble...not to mention the fact that Fox is apparently building their own theme parks soon...whose to say they won't find a way to pull some strings here...and get Cameron to change teams...? Maybe the progress is held up by something along these lines? Maybe it's caution?

On a positive note though...the lion king show is FINALLY going to where it belongs...hindsight there is definitely 20/20 for TDO...and that folks is PROGRESS!

eh...that's my short rant here...and there first one at that!

I am glad the lion king has been relocated as well

FigmentJedi

You'd have to jerk out the Carnotaur too. Even as Countdown, it was always going to be a tie-in/sequel to Dinosaur where you save Aladar and leave all the annoying side characters to die.

Wikkler

I love the inaccuracy of the movie Dinosaur and also the attraction Dinosaur...
the Iguanodon didn't live long enough to see the extinction...
and why are there monkeys that early?

FigmentJedi

I love the inaccuracy of the movie Dinosaur and also the attraction Dinosaur...
the Iguanodon didn't live long enough to see the extinction...
and why are there monkeys that early?
Lemurs first appeared around 65-62 million years ago, so I guess they decided Eisner's idiot demands for "YOUR DINOSAUR MOVIE NEEDS A HUMAN ELEMENT AUDIENCES CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH WHAT'S GOING ON" could be fulfilled if they did a little bit of timeline fudging.

FigmentJedi

But the Iguanodon difference is like having humans and T. rex coexisting...
Mixing species from different times together is par for the course for dinosaur films. And I'm pretty sure Iguanodon being one of the first dinosaurs discovered was why they picked that species for the starring role.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i did see a twit pic of FOTLK and its further along than i anticipated

Found this picture. I think the four columns on the right of the picture are the front entrance.

BQwBoYnCQAIdsYA.jpg:large

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom