Wesleyjohn

if it was biggest, is that just basing off of the more and more inflated ticket costs? i've watched about 5 minutes of the movie, and could not stand to watch more. Yet, i love star wars.

i just don't see the lasting value of avatar, and until we actually see follow ups made (i've constantly heard rumors of delays and scripts not even close to done) i can't get too excited, or put too much stock into it.

if only disney could have secured the rights to the lord of the rings. thats one that is both one of the biggest franchises in recent memory, and one that could fit nicely into AK as a mythical side of things goes.

for every one avatar fan you might find, i would bet there are a lot more people who have virtually no clue or interest.

And for every one WDW fan you might find, I would bet there are a lot more people who have virtually no clue or interest.
To each his own

Magenta Panther

Exactly like Walt did things...

I really don't know how to reply to such a blind, defiant, untrue comment. Help me out here, Minnie:

angry+minnie.jpg

doctornick

Yeah don't forget all those original Disney stories like Pet Pan, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Cinderella.... I rest my case ;)

The Lion King was the first Disney animated feature film to not be based at all on a previous story (and, of course, there's the controversy about Kimba the White Lion; also, it obviously shares a theme with Hamlet).

Animaniac93-98

The Lion King was the first Disney animated feature film to not be based at all on a previous story (and, of course, there's the controversy about Kimba the White Lion; also, it obviously shares a theme with Hamlet).

No, Lady and the Tramp was.

Joe Grant came up with the story of a cocker spaniel who delt with a lousy aunt and her siamese cats and a rat attack on a baby. The "Happy Dan" part, was just a suggestion by Walt for a type of character to be added to the story.

PalisadesPkteer

With the construction ongoing and the announcement by Disney that FOTLK is moving to Africa.

As soon as FOTLK is out of CMM and in its new home, will they immediately start to gut everything out of CMM? ANSWER: They will most likely drag out the clearing of the area to spread it out over several financial quarters.

So what you get is 1 section of AK with nothing in it for a long time. Especially if they wait to see how the sequels do first. Yea, sounds like so much fun, more like the WoL pavilion at EPCOT. Used for festival / convention use space until they make up their minds on what they are actually going to do in that section.

Beastly Kingdom SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Neo

That may very well be the case - I'm not well versed in the Pixar deals. But they weren't technically "Disney" movies, which is what the person I was replying to meant - as in, created at Disney. That's kind of the point - even when DIsney technically owns something (Marvel, Star Wars) many people still will never consider those things Disney and therefore not "legitimately" Disney and worthy of the parks.

Ya I know what you mean. Pixar movies are seperare from Disney movies just like with Marvel. In fact, Pixar should be more closely associated with Lucasfilm since they originated as the animation branch of that company before being spun out and sold to Steve Jobs.

Magenta Panther

Yeah don't forget all those original Disney stories like Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Cinderella.... I rest my case ;)

No, you have no case at all. Walt and company adapted those stories into Disney versions and Disney classics. Iger just bought up characters that have already been developed and made into movies and TV shows. No creativity involved there. Tsk...you're yet another person who doesn't know the difference between acquisition and artistry...

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Ya I know what you mean. Pixar movies are seperare from Disney movies just like with Marvel. In fact, Pixar should be more closely associated with Lucasfilm since they originated as the animation branch of that company before being spun out and sold to Steve Jobs.

Pixar became a successful animation studio largely because of Disney's investment and involvement. John Lasseter once worked at Disney. The ties between Pixar and Disney are much tighter than anything else that Disney has purchased, and the aesthetics of the two studios are essentially the same. No such connection exists with Disney and Muppets/Marvel/Lucasfilm. And it shows. Badly.

Californian Elitist

No, you have no case at all. Walt and company adapted those stories into Disney versions and Disney classics. Iger just bought up characters that have already been developed and made into movies and TV shows. No creativity involved there. Tsk...you're yet another person who doesn't know the difference between acquisition and artistry...

Whether Walt Disney "adapted those stories into Disney versions and Disney classics" or not, it doesn't take away the fact that he and his team didn't come up with the stories on their own. His animated films were based on past works, simple as that.

Captain Neo

Pixar became a successful animation studio largely because of Disney's investment and involvement. John Lasseter once worked at Disney. The ties between Pixar and Disney are much tighter than anything else that Disney has purchased, and the aesthetics of the two studios are essentially the same. No such connection exists with Disney and Muppets/Marvel/Lucasfilm. And it shows. Badly.

John Lasseter was fired from Disney and got hired by Lucasfilm. Ed Catmull, etc. we're all lucasfilm employees and had no relation to Disney what so ever. Pixar became successful because of Lucas and Steve Jobs. Had nothing to do with Disney. The aesthetics are nothing alike either. The cultures were ENTIRELY different and one made musicals based on fairy tales and old legends and the other made CG comedies set in variations of modern day society.

SirLink

Great artists realise they can't do everything. A great artist creates not copies ... but anyway nothing wrong with Star Wars/Marvel/Muppets I'd be more concerned with Pixar who needs PD to take over soon.

JimboJones123

21st century

2000s

2000 - "Celia," the last Pyrenean Ibex dies under a fallen tree. The reasons for its extinction are still being debated. However in 2009 it was cloned back into existence but died 7 minutes later due to defects in the lungs, making it extinct once again.2003 - The last individual from the St. Helena Olive, which was grown in cultivation, dies off. The last plant in the wild had disappeared in 1994.2006 - A technologically sophisticated survey of the Yangtze River failed to find specimens of theBaiji Dolphin, prompting scientists to declare it functionally extinct.[18]2008 - The Liverpool Pigeon (Caloenas maculata) is thought to have become extinct.

2010s

2010 - The Alaotra Grebe (Tachybaptus rufolavatus) is declared extinct.2012 - The last Vietnamese Javan Rhino(Rhinoceros sondaicus annamiticus) is shot shot in Vietnam2011 - The Eastern Cougar was declared extinct.[19]2011 - The Western Black Rhinoceros was declared extinct.[20]2012 - The Japanese River Otter (Lutra lutra whiteneyi) has been declared extinct by the country’s Ministry of the Environment, after not being seen for more than 30 years.2012 - "Lonesome George," the last specimen of the Pinta Island Tortoise died on June 10 2012.2013 - The Formosan clouded leopard, previously endemic to the island of Taiwan, is officially declared extinct.[21]Oh, if one cannot tell, I am not convinced that Pandora is appropriate for DAK.

I'd rather an extinct animal theme than these faux creatures.

Maybe some Dodo (hey, it ties back to Alice, the Dodo could host the land) and even more recently extinct critters. Maybe an endangered/extinct watch where guests could return to see how some species are doing.

Here is a quick find extinct list since 2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom