twebber55

i found the ultimate WDW video interesting when talking about avatar.. both rohde and vaughn specifically mention avatar in terms of doing the impossible...to me they were getting at floating mountains

in terms of where avatar is in popualarity to me is a mute point if the land has great themeing, a unique look, and a great e ticket it wont matter

i personally think people are wrong who think it doesnt matter..with two movies on the way it will be big again..there is plenty of evidence that avatar is every bit IP as some other I s mentioned but again it doesnt matter

cars land is great because of these three things
unique look, killer e ticket, great themeing

looking forward to following this construction/expansion to an already great park

NoChesterHester

I hate these Avatar threads. Not because I dislike Avatar, just the opposite... Every single thread on this subject deteriorates into a debate between the "I hated the movie" and the "I want a cool attraction" crowds.

We have heard it all. Every single point in the tired debate. Enough. We all get it.

This thread is intended to be about news of the attraction (or lack thereof) and the debate surrounding the design and construction of the attraction.

twebber55

I hate these Avatar threads. Not because I dislike Avatar, just the opposite... Every single thread on this subject deteriorates into a debate between the "I hated the movie" and the "I want a cool attraction" crowds.

We have heard it all. Every single point in the tired debate. Enough. We all get it.

This thread is intended to be about news of the attraction (or lack thereof) and the debate surrounding the design and construction of the attraction.
thanks and obviously Steve mentioned on the first page to not let this thread turn into a debate about it....

although it would help the cause if we actually saw some construction or even concept art

lazyboy97o

i found the ultimate WDW video interesting when talking about avatar.. both rohde and vaughn specifically mention avatar in terms of doing the impossible...to me they were getting at floating mountains

in terms of where avatar is in popualarity to me is a mute point if the land has great themeing, a unique look, and a great e ticket it wont matter

i personally think people are wrong who think it doesnt matter..with two movies on the way it will be big again..there is plenty of evidence that avatar is every bit IP as some other I s mentioned but again it doesnt matter

cars land is great because of these three things
unique look, killer e ticket, great themeing

looking forward to following this construction/expansion to an already great park

Those three things are nothing without something that resonates with people, substance, heart. "Theming" is nothing without a genuine reason for existing.

twebber55

Those three things are nothing without something that resonates with people, substance, heart. "Theming" is nothing without a genuine reason for existing.
good thing avatar has a great and important message then..
environmentalism, living in harmony in nature, family etc
just my opinion of course

WDWDad13

am I the only one that thinks Avatar 2 and 3 won't be ANYWHERE near as popular as the first one and the first one was so huge because of the new 3d viewing that everyone wanted to experience and check out (some even more than just the movie itself)?

twebber55

am I the only one that thinks Avatar 2 and 3 won't be ANYWHERE near as popular as the first one and the first one was so huge because of the new 3d viewing that everyone wanted to experience and check out (some even more than just the movie itself)?
I agree it will probably only make a billion

Skunk

Mystic Manor & Grizzly Gulch say hello. But I still believe that Iger won't see the rest of the tenue of his extension - which ever comes first Next Gen working or Shanghai then he'll be out.

You touched on the videogame industry, of which I am a programmer trying to get out ... most of the bigger non sport yearly franchises are in somewhat of a decline, even Call of Duty - it simply isn't healthy for any entertainment industry to rely squarely on a bi-annual to annual basis. It kills companies. But Avatar deal was cooked up all by Iger over lunch ... its a farce.

Already addressed Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch in my post.

Regarding games industry, it's not healthy for creative growth, but it is good for business and is the principal model being drawn upon now like it or not. Sales within the market are declining regardless, which is not unexpected this close to next-gen. It's not indicative (yet) that anything is changing. On a related note, this just broke a couple days ago. This trend of the entertainment industry as a whole banking heavily on franchises nowadays is really not debatable.

Mawg

I agree with you. I did not hear anyone who saw the movie say ohh the story line was soooo great and the movie had a great message, the acting was terrific. Anyone I talked to said the movie was visually stunning, it was such eye candy that they just wanted to keep watching. At least that's what I thought I remembered, it was so long ago now, wait what is Avatar even about again, I forgot. Anyways, it would be hard to pull the eye candy off twice as people will want bigger and better. I also don't hear a lot of people saying, I can't wait for Avatar 2. What will happen to that planet, will we (humans) leave them alone or will we continue to try and destroy their planet, I must know, please hurry up and make that 2nd movie. It's soooo important to me, James!

SirLink

Already addressed Mystic Manor and Grizzly Gulch in my post.

Regarding games industry, it's not healthy for creative growth, but it is good for business and is the principal model being drawn upon now like it or not. Sales within the market are declining regardless, which is not unexpected this close to next-gen. It's not indicative (yet) that anything is changing. On a related note, this just broke a couple days ago. This trend of the entertainment industry as a whole banking heavily on franchises nowadays is really not debatable.

Seen as I am in that industry - how about not trying to tell me I'm wrong and listen. Ubisoft can say whatever it wants as it wants to please shareholders. However, Ancel is very near to walking out the company. The reason why you see 2K/Rockstar not do yearly franchises is simply down to Housers can walk anytime. Creatives are leaving for new pastures, leaving the 'B' teams to churn out sequels, users get bored and look elsewhere for their entertainment "fix". You see what I'm getting at is that entertainment mediums cannot survive by relying on franchises for yearly hits, software sales/movie tickets/guest spending are shrinking and new hardware won't save the VG industry, likewise a 3D camera won't solve the movie industry problems.

Similar to DAK/DHS, Avatar won't increase guests staying later or even spending more in the parks. Neither will plopping down Star Wars/Cars Land whilst decreasing the total number of attractions in DHS. Its a diseased mindset will simply rot away guests - same thing will happen with USOR after they attain the capacity needed to build their third park - it has to be more Lost Continent and less IP focused if they want to truly succeed

jdmdisney99

Actually I believe that is archive footage that was originally in the 2010 edition. Disney just shoved it in there to hype Avatar.

WDWDad13

that too lol - usually involves a momma though

on another topic... when's the avatar thing I keep hearing about gonna be open? lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom