doctornick

Are you saying Iron Man 3 was a financial disaster? Iron Man is the most popular marvel character right now. $680 mill worldwide in two weeks speaks for itself

I think he's referring to the "twist" ending of the current movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know any details of it, but I've seen references to the ending.

Tim_4

Original Poster
I think he's referring to the "twist" ending of the current movie. I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't know any details of it, but I've seen references to the ending.
The "twist" isn't any big twist to get antsy about unless you're a MAJOR comic book purist. Especially in the comic book world, nothing "done" can't be "undone." The golden rule of comics used to be that "Nobody stays dead except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben," which went out the window when even Bucky and Jason Todd were brought back to life. Non-Iron Man spoiler alert: Bucky is the Winter Soldier.

ThemeParks4Life

Is Flight of Passage Soarin' 2.0 or the motorbike/kuka? Iron Man just made 700 million in two weeks of release. Cars Land got built because the Cars franchise is a gold mine, so is Iron Man. They could always do something crazy and do BOTH Iron Man and the TRON outdoor lightcycle. That with some other land enhancements could be quite a response to WWoHP Hollywood.
Are you saying Iron Man 3 was a financial disaster? Iron Man is the most popular marvel character right now. $680 mill worldwide in two weeks speaks for itself
Up to $711M.

Uh... what?

I'm referring to the ending.

ThemeParks4Life

The "twist" isn't any big twist to get antsy about unless you're a MAJOR comic book purist. Especially in the comic book world, nothing "done" can't be "undone." The golden rule of comics used to be that "Nobody stays dead except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben," which went out the window when even Bucky and Jason Todd were brought back to life. Non-Iron Man spoiler alert: Bucky is the Winter Soldier.
I'm not talking about the Mandarin. In fact, I loved that twist.

doctornick

So back on topic....

See above. I don't want to go into specifics yet, as they continue to change and I don't want to put rumors out there. As of right now, what Tim said is accurate. E and a C, plus multiple food & beverage and retail, and a possible nighttime show. My personal expectation is this will be less than the fully realized lands we're used to from the past, but will be better than New Fantasyland. It's at the end of concept, now the task is turning what's on the drawings into a reliable 365 day attraction.

First of all, I hope this is accurate and what ends up proceeding.

Second, is the nighttime show a World of Color type show? And would it be an Avatar theme or a more general animal theme, but housed in the Avatar section?

Disneyhead'71

I am not a Marvel fan or even high on Pixie dust at this point, but Ironman 3 had the second highest opening ever behind Avengers which also had Ironman in it. Even a doom and gloomer like myself can see gold in the Ironman suit.

I would think that Disney could work something out with UOR that would benefit them both concerning Ironman in FL. Something like WDTC offering Universal passes in WDW vacation packages and visa versa. They do it in CA, so it is not beyond the realm of possibilities and would give WDW an in to Potter.

The concept of WDW, UOR and even SeaWorld working together to make Orlando the end all, be all in theme park destinations is not beyond reason. But that would require TDO to accept that UOR and SeaWorld are entities in and of themselves. But Universal expanding there "value" resort offerings is a major threat to TDO's bread and butter. Even SeaWorld is working with Marriott to bring high end resorts to their Orlando property. And Universal is not gonna stop at Cabana Bay. They have 5 more resort hotels in the pipes and if TDO refuses to cooperate they are gonna take a hit. At this point even SeaWorld is going to hurt WDW. Universal and SeaWorld are poised to throw down with the mouse. TDO needs to realize that their arrogance and complacency for the past decade has put them in a position where they are vulnerable while the other players in the market have NOT been sitting idle. WDW needs to offer shuttles to UOR and SW, and UOR should be allowed to offer access to shuttle their guests to the WDW parks. And they both need to offer shuttles and passes (Universal does with the Orlando Flex ticket) to SeaWorld.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
And y'all managed to lose me again.
Now that my sons are in their late teens and take their girlfriends to the drive-in rather than their mommy, I am so out of the super hero loop.
From the sounds of the last 2-3 pages . . . I'm not that upset.

trr1

And y'all managed to lose me again.
Now that my sons are in their late teens and take their girlfriends to the drive-in rather than their mommy, I am so out of the super hero loop.
From the sounds of the last 2-3 pages . . . I'm not that upset.
you still have one !!! you lucky person i wish there was one around here again

Tim_4

Original Poster
hey guys, easy on the Ironman Spoilers for god's sake, even if you try not to read it you catch bits and pieces of what you are saying just scrolling past.

Have a heart and delete all your posts with spoilers, @ThemeParks4Life and @Tim_4 please and thank you.
My spoilers were clearly labeled and in white. They should be invisible unless highlighted.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My spoilers were clearly labeled and in white. They should be invisible unless highlighted.

As I said, I picked up bits of them scrolling past. There are many formats available to view these forums. I do not utilize a white background. Therefore white ink is still visible to me.

Why not just play it safe and delete the posts?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
you still have one !!! you lucky person i wish there was one around here again
We have 3 different drive-ins with a total of 7 screens within 40 minutes of home.
I used to take the boys at least once a week, sometimes more.
2 movies/3 people - $6 or $10 depending where we went.
And of course, on long weekends (May 2-4, Canada Day and Labour Day), we had all-nighters. Four movies!!
With the incredible changes in technology between my childhood and theirs, the drive-in was one of the few shared identical experiences.

djlaosc

That said, expect WWOHP 2.0 concept art to be released 24 hours after what ever Disney drops at D23. Universal may even announce a Jurassic Park multi attraction expansion, Bond Stunt Show, IOA Lagoon Show, and a 5th resort hotel (heavily themed at that) to really kink the mouse's tail. TDO didn't care about Potter 1.0 or Transformers, but when they announced Cabana Bay TDO went spinning. TDO doesn't care about park attendance numbers. They are all about hotel OccRates.

But keep in mind, WDW doesn't have a "legitimate" competitor anywhere on the planet.

Is a Bond Stunt show actually on the table? I would guess that it would be the Fear Factor Live replacement?

djlaosc

And Universal is not gonna stop at Cabana Bay. They have 5 more resort hotels in the pipes and if TDO refuses to cooperate they are gonna take a hit.

Do you know the Deluxe/Value split between the 5 potential hotels?

And they both need to offer shuttles and passes (Universal does with the Orlando Flex ticket) to SeaWorld.

I think Universal already offers shuttles to SeaWorld/Aquatica? However, instead of "3 morning drop-off", "3 afternoon pickup" times, it would be better to have a continuous shuttle like WDW has to their parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom