twebber55

OBJ says George told them Avatar will open in 2017. http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/.../03/disneys-kalogridis-avatar-to-open-in.html

Article incorrectly states that no timeline was given at the 2011 announcement. Iger said construction in 2013, opening in 2015.
yeah thats something that i have found very interesting..the timeline for this has jumped around from 2015 to 16 and 17...with it coming in 17 this tells me its going to be a little bigger than just one ride....insert 7DMT jokes here_________________

Tim_4

Original Poster
As I said, I picked up bits of them scrolling past. There are many formats available to view these forums. I do not utilize a white background. Therefore white ink is still visible to me.

Why not just play it safe and delete the posts?
Done

GiveMeTheMusic

yeah thats something that i have found very interesting..the timeline for this has jumped around from 2015 to 16 and 17...with it coming in 17 this tells me its going to be a little bigger than just one ride....insert 7DMT jokes here_________________

Oh the prolonged timeline doesn't mean it's more than one attraction. Ain't nobody who can put together a new attraction brick by brick for years like WDW can. The blue alien juice cart will probably take 2 years to construct on its own.

Tim_4

Original Poster
looks like the E ticket will be called Flight of Passage and avatar could quite possibly have a second attraction after all... costuming design is underway and we should here quite a bit more at d23..did i miss anything?
That second attraction is currently 100% in. It could change but as of now it's a C, E, restaurant, merch, and nighttime spectacular. The nighttime spectacular would be part of the overall project but might not be Avatar itself.

lazyboy97o

The delayed timelines is just as easily explained by the stories of the project being stuck in development hell for a period of time.

twebber55

That second attraction is currently 100% in. It could change but as of now it's a C, E, restaurant, merch, and nighttime spectacular. The nighttime spectacular would be part of the overall project but might not be Avatar itself.
its (nighttime show)gotta be in the front of the park dont you think Tim? behind Rainforest cafe

doctornick

FWIW, isn't the summer 2017 date an extrapolation? I think -- though I can't read the article myself because it's behind a paywall -- that George K is actually quoted as saying that the project would start by the end of 2013 and take "3 years to build" or something like that. The writer of the article then took the liberty of projecting to summer 2017.

I'm not saying that date is going to be wrong, but I'm not sure that George or anyone from Disney explicitely said that was the estimated delivery date.

doctornick

If a big point of contention was cost, then I think a bigger budget spread out over more years seems like a reasonable compromise.

I don't think that's an unreasonable conclusion. Cameron might have been unwilling to compromise on his vision of what it should be in terms of scope and quality; TDO may have come up with a longer build time spreading out the cost as a way to come to an agreement.

Suffice to say, I am very excited if the current rumor comes to truth: two rides plus the requisite food/merch for Pandora and then a nighttime show (definitely needed for DAK to extend the hours) would be great. The park could still use some smaller rides for capacity, but that's a nice start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom