MerlinTheGoat

@Tim_4's current update is accurate, separate from the inaccurate plans that leaked. The E is not Soarin'.
Huh, interesting. Looks like there's a bit of conflict on what the plans are going to be. I assume we'll know more about what is planned at D23?

It's not that i'm siding with anyone here, but i'm going to keep my expectations low until we hear what is happening. More so as not to be disappointed just in case. It'll be a nice surprise if it's more than a Soarin 2.0, but there's no use in getting hopes up until we know more.

So the E Ticket from your source is an actual ride and not a simulator?

doctornick

@Tim_4's current update is accurate, separate from the inaccurate plans that leaked. The E is not Soarin'.

So to be clear... You are hearing the plan currently is two rides (one E-ticket and one C-ticket), a restaurant and merchandise. The E-ticket is not going to be the Soarin' type ride, but a specific concept has been chosen. The C-ticket is still to be determined.

Is that a good summary?

jt04

Really? Last we heard it was one ride, one shop and that's it. Plans change, but I'm not expecting this to be a very substantial "land".

Of course first we heard was Avatar "would never happen".

then it was one ride and a shop (which makes no sense whatsoever)

then it was a ride, a b ticket, a shop and a restaurant

now it is an e ticket plus a d ticket plus another attraction and a fully realized 'land'

Would have been easier to just take my word for it all along.

I wonder if we will get pictures of the beginnings of substantial Disney Springs work this week?

Sam Magic

Is it possible that Avatar could have three rides E ticket , D ticket (Sorin 2.0), C ticket(boat ride) , a restaurant , and a few shops? Along with the undoubted fantastic environment surrounding them.

jt04

Is it possible that Avatar could have three rides E ticket , D ticket (Sorin 2.0), C ticket(boat ride) , a restaurant , and a few shops? Along with the undoubted fantastic environment surrounding them.

This is the scale I am expecting. I think the deciders are still deciding though. I expect at least one of the attractions will be water based as Cameron has said it will be a big part of the sequels.

WDW97

You cannot link to email images.
So I drew some concept art today! It's not great, but at least it gives us something to look at. (Whether we want it or we don't) The 1st is a picture of the entrance to the supposed Banshee motorbike ride/hanging coaster thing or whatever. The 2nd picture is about my post above, which is a Swiss Family Robinson like walk through, but inside a show building behind a smaller version of the Tree of Life, that of couse looks like the Navis' "home tree". And the 3rd is the water attraction that was supposedly planned but I think is now not, so its just like a normal boat ride but this scene it has a sun roof so you can see what the forest looks like during the day and at night when it gets dark, also since i agreed about someone else post about attractions inside attractions (like the people mover), I drew the Banshee coaster going right through this scene of the water attraction. Hope you enjoy!:)
1st:
AvatarLand Art by WDW97, on Flickr
2nd:
3rd:

bubbles1812

Of course first we heard was Avatar "would never happen".

then it was one ride and a shop (which makes no sense whatsoever)

then it was a ride, a b ticket, a shop and a restaurant

now it is an e ticket plus a d ticket plus another attraction and a fully realized 'land'

Would have been easier to just take my word for it all along.

I wonder if we will get pictures of the beginnings of substantial Disney Springs work this week?
Except for the fact that you have no credibility as established by a long line of crazy theories and proclamations that have never come true...

jt04

Except for the fact that you have no credibility as established by a long line of crazy theories and proclamations that have never come true...

I don't remember saying Avatar would not happen, the FLE would not happen, or that the Marvel and Pixar acquisitions would sink the companies stock.

But perhaps I have just forgotten.

twebber55

i ve always thought this should be similar to the land pavillian (except bigger)...with the pandoran forests prevelant

Sam Magic

I have a few ideas for Pandora: A E ticket that uses the system that was posted somewhere on the board, A D ticket that uses a Sorin 2.0 concept (see screamscape) And a boat ride like the Jungle cruise , and bam you have Pandora.

RSoxNo1

The complexity has to do with the trains, not the track or construction.

Aside from the exteriors, the differences are mostly some technical upgrades made for the attraction at Universal Studios Hollwood, such as the 3D process used and finer points relating to the ride vehicles. Other than that, all three attractions have the same ride experience that has been copied from what was originally designed for California but built first in Singapore.
Let's not pretend that building rockwork is easy. As impressive as the build time for Transformers has been, it's being built in a soundstage, they're not building a mini mountain. Having said that, given when they started there's no reason other than not wanting to pay for a faster build time that SDMT couldn't be open by Thanksgiving.

As for tracking this rumor...
http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors...-world-of-avatar-coming-to-the-animal-kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom