Disneyhead'71

If it take TDO 5 years to build a kiddie coaster, 6 years for 1 E-Ticket sounds about right.

That said, In that timeframe, Universal has/will have built Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, Transformers: The Ride 3D, Simpson's Springfield, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, a multi attraction Jurassic Park Expansion, a complete redo of the KidZone area, and more.

CDavid

Four more years for one ride, the shop, and a place to eat. Just unbelievable.

And does anyone really believe the second phase would ever be built? Assuming even the first is, of course. This also begs the question of just what Disney World will have new, other than the mine train, between now and 2017, all while universal is aggressively expanding.

doctornick

If it take TDO 5 years to build a kiddie coaster, 6 years for 1 E-Ticket sounds about right.

:rolleyes: There are not building another Barnstormer. While I agree that the construction time is unreasonably long for the 7DMT, there's no need to be dismissive of the complexity of the ride. It's far more involved that a simple kiddie coaster.

Disneyhead'71

:rolleyes: There are not building another Barnstormer. While I agree that the construction time is unreasonably long for the 7DMT, there's no need to be dismissive of the complexity of the ride. It's far more involved that a simple kiddie coaster.
7DMT isn't a family coaster on the scale of BTMRR either. Yes it is more complex than Barnstormer, but it is still a small 70 sec. ride.

doctornick

7DMT isn't a family coaster on the scale of BTMRR either. Yes it is more complex than Barnstormer, but it is still a small 70 sec. ride.

The ride is going to be 3.5 minutes long, around the same length as BTMRR. It will also have show scenes with AAs and lots of rockwork and external decorations. It's absolutely nothing like Barnstormer.

Again, it's taking too long to build, but it's far more complex than a "kiddie coaster".

spacemt354

Chili's

That said, In that timeframe, Universal has/will have built Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, Transformers: The Ride 3D, Simpson's Springfield, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: London, a multi attraction Jurassic Park Expansion, a complete redo of the KidZone area, and more.

I believe it has only taken 2-2.5 years to build. If you're simply using hyperbole then fine, but while I agree the pace is mindbogglingly slow, I think we should use the proper time-frame.

7DMT will clock in at 3-3.5 minutes.

Animaniac93-98

Four more years for one ride, the shop, and a place to eat. Just unbelievable.

And does anyone really believe the second phase would ever be built? Assuming even the first is, of course. This also begs the question of just what Disney World will have new, other than the mine train, between now and 2017, all while universal is aggressively expanding.

New MK fireworks are rumoured for 2016 now, along with the always maybe coming DHS expansion, but who knows if that will be done before 2017 at this rate?

Still not much compared with Universal's slate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

2.5 years to build the SDMT, it didn't start construction until the end of 2011 and it should be open early 2014.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So I drew some concept art today! It's not great, but at least it gives us something to look at. (Whether we want it or we don't) The first is a picture of the entrance to the supposed Banshee motorbike ride/hanging coaster thing or whatever. The second picture is about my post above, which is a Swiss Family Robinson like walk through, but inside a show building behind a smaller version of the Tree of Life, that of couse looks like the Navis' "home tree". And the 3rd is the water attraction that was supposedly planned but I think is now not, so its just like a normal boat ride but this scene it has a sun roof so you can see what the forest looks like during the day and at night when it gets dark, also since i agreed about someone else post about attractions inside attractions (like the people mover), I drew the Banshee coaster going right through this scene of the water attraction. Hope you enjoy!:)
IMG]http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/dow...YV9XglJ9ScnuN4&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/IMG]
IMG]http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/dow...UYV9XglJ9ScnuN4&pid=4&fid=Inbox&inline=1/IMG]
IMG]http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/dow...YV9XglJ9ScnuN4&pid=6&fid=Inbox&inline=1[/IMG]

You cannot link to email images.

Disneyhead'71

OK, the FLE was announced in Sept. 2009. Ground breaking was April 24, 2010 (and the 7DMT was already announced by then). With a completion date of Spring 2014. That puts the project at OVER 4.5 years.

And the original 7DMT was supposed to be a 3.5 min. ride then the track length was shortened and show scenes were cut. I am hearing that the ride time will be between 70-90 seconds.

So the FLE is a 4.5+ year project from announcement to completion. That is not hyperbole. That is a fact. The ride time we will have to wait and see. But I put money on closer to 70 seconds than 3.5 mins. And i guarantee that it will NOT be on the scope of BTMRR.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
OK, the FLE was announced in Sept. 2009. Ground breaking was April 24, 2010 (and the 7DMT was already announced by then). With a completion date of Spring 2014. That puts the project at OVER 4.5 years.

And the original 7DMT was supposed to be a 3.5 min. ride then the track length was shortened and show scenes were cut. I am hearing that the ride time will be between 70-90 seconds.

So the FLE is a 4.5+ year project from announcement to completion. That is not hyperbole. That is a fact. The ride time we will have to wait and see. But I put money on closer to 70 seconds than 3.5 mins. And i guarantee that it will NOT be on the scope of BTMRR.

Mine ride is going to be 3.5 minutes:

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10053420.asp

The 7DMT wasn't announced until Jan 2011 well after construction had started on the rest of the expansion:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...n-confirmed-to-be-part-of-new-fantasyland.htm

Actual work on the 7DMT didn't become visible until October of 2011. So it will be 3 years and a couple months from announcement to opening and about 2.5 years of construction time. That is also not hyperbole, that is also fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom