sedati

You're supposed to walk through the parks.
They're designed to unfold in a certain way.
Not to bash Universal, but their park design is the least forgiving. It was like someone looked at World Showcase and thought, "that's the way to do it." One giant loop. Clockwise or counterclockwise, once your off, it's a commitment.

Bairstow

Not to bash Universal, but their park design is the least forgiving. It was like someone looked at World Showcase and thought, "that's the way to do it." One giant loop. Clockwise or counterclockwise, once your off, it's a commitment.

Sea World is even worse. It's either a huge lagoon perimeter or a bewildering tangle of attractions where all the architecture looks nearly the same.

Don't even get me started on Busch Gardens Tampa and its exaggerated "L" shape.

Last edited:

bhg469

That's rather excessive!

But it also looks like they've taken the whole "queue as an attraction" idea and ran with it. From the limited pics I've seen, it seems to be as much an exploration trail as it is a line.
I am very glad they did too. Instead of plastering ipads and noisemakers everywhere, they have really cool stuff to look at. They seemed to be going away from that for a while and now I am extremely happy it appears to be returning.

We were in Disneyland last week and we went with my wife's family. They are all from out there and I was raving about how cool their Pirates was but the lack of a cool queue makes the wait much longer. The ride itself is so much better, and I mean soooooo much better, so it is not a loss but imagine our queue and their pirates? Perfection!!

Oddly enough I don't think we exited one ride through a gift shop... that was strange to me!

gmajew

Premium Member
More than norm than not... Here are a couple more other than the MK that has already been mentioned...

View attachment 202782

View attachment 202783

People just going to complain to complain.... Right now they are just grasping for straws to make anything in this land a negative!! People enjoy something major opening in WDW for the first time since NFL.... The first new E ticket "Thrill Ride" since what Everest?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Another part of AK's flow problem is that there is this big ol' river surrounding the main island and then the RoL lake. And you really have very few opportunities to get close to all that water, except the bridges, which are horrendous choke points. You get pushed to concrete walkways decorated to look like dry dirt walkways which wind up being hot and uncomfortable and you only catch glimpses of the cool waterways nearby. Rather than widening the walkways (which make some of our forum members' teeth itch), they should add walkways that go along the river bank. People love water features.

And to bring this back to Avatar Land... AtWoP seems to do a good job in getting you close to water features.

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

I can't wait to ride FOP with our family, but stressed since we don't have FP for it. I am not leaving without trying that ride, but wasn't going to waste FP if my 4yo can't ride too you know. So we plan to rope drop at 7 am and rider swap. Hopefully a one hour wait at rope drop is realistic.

jaxonp

I can't wait to ride FOP with our family, but stressed since we don't have FP for it. I am not leaving without trying that ride, but wasn't going to waste FP if my 4yo can't ride too you know. So we plan to rope drop at 7 am and rider swap. Hopefully a one hour wait at rope drop is realistic.

You should have wasted your FP.. you'll be able to do 3-5 attractions in the amount of time that FOP wait time will be.

KrzyKtty

You should have wasted your FP.. you'll be able to do 3-5 attractions in the amount of time that FOP wait time will be.
Since we only get to choose fop or rivers of light, we chose to use our fast pass for Rivers of light. It made more sense considering we could all go on that one.

Bairstow

Yes, and really hoping that rope drop wait time isn't much longer than an hour.

That sounds realistic.
I rope-dropped escape from Gringotts soon after it first opened and was in and out in under an hour... but the next day it was having technical problems and it took closer to two, so you never know.

Edit: ignore this. I just remembered that I was getting early park entry because of our resort stay.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first headliner attraction in Orlando to open with a fastpass-style system already in place. To my knowledge, all the Potter main attractions have disallowed Express Pass usage in order to keep their standby queues under control. Avatar might be another story, especially if the ride software has teething problems.

Bairstow

That kind of talk ain't welcome on this here forum partner, I believe you mean it's worse than a diseased raccoon ;)

Careful now.
You're going to rile up the Disneyland people.

disney-summerofheroes700.jpg

Brian Swan

Since we only get to choose fop or rivers of light, we chose to use our fast pass for Rivers of light. It made more sense considering we could all go on that one.
You might have some terminology mixed up. FOP is a tier 1 FPP and Rivers of Light (the PM show) is a tier 2, so you could have both. What you can't have is an FPP for FOP and Na'vi River Journey at the same time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom