marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 130068

You are right.. its hard to say. I just had this picture in mind (looking at the tracks) But I'm not really familiar with the look of the systems so i have NO idea :p
At first glance that's very similar to the Jungle Cruise ride system....

Thankfully the land is getting a second ride. My worry is low capacity. It needs to be more than the C that was described to me.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
LOL I think you are missing the WHOLE point of that boat ride.

Agreed... I greatly look forward to having another relaxing, low key, indoor (i.e. air-conditioned) attraction at Animal Kingdom. Additionally, Animal Kingdom has a sever lack of attractions the whole family (i.e. no height limit) can enjoy. When you have kids, rides like these are GREAT additions!

P_Radden

Agreed... I greatly look forward to having another relaxing, low key, indoor (i.e. air-conditioned) attraction at Animal Kingdom.
I couldn't agree more with this statement!

Additionally, Animal Kingdom has a sever lack of attractions the whole family (i.e. no height limit) can enjoy. When you have kids, rides like these are GREAT additions!

I beg to differ on this one:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo the Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Flights of Wonder
Pagani Forest Exploration Trail
Discovery Island Trails
Maharaja Jungle Trek
Wildlife Express Train
Wilderness Explorers
The Oasis Exhibits

..I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but there is plenty attractions for the whole family.

FerretAfros

I brought the image into AutoCAD, and scaled it up with the assumption that the parking stalls shown are standard 9x18. I then threw in an approximate centerline through the flume:

According to my rough guesstimate, it looks like the track circuit is approximately 520' long. If we follow the assumption that omnimovers typically move at 1.5 ft/sec, that gets us a total circuit time of about 5:45 (keeping in mind that guests won't ride the full distance through the load/unload area)

For those of you playing along at home, the curve radii are 10-11', to help you approximate the scale you're looking at. The load/unload area is about 105' long

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more likely it seems that it will be the Shanghai POTC system. The normal iasw/POTC-type boats are roughly 8' wide, so it seems highly unlikely they would be able to make turns that tight in a flume (which would need an inner radius around 6-7', much tighter than what we're used to). Given that the Shanghai system's movement is unrelated to the vehicle size, it seems like a good match

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I brought the image into AutoCAD, and scaled it up with the assumption that the parking stalls shown are standard 9x18. I then threw in an approximate centerline through the flume:

View attachment 130075

According to my rough guesstimate, it looks like the track circuit is approximately 520' long. If we follow the assumption that omnimovers typically move at 1.5 ft/sec, that gets us a total circuit time of about 5:45 (keeping in mind that guests won't ride the full distance through the load/unload area)

For those of you playing along at home, the curve radii are 10-11', to help you approximate the scale you're looking at. The load/unload area is about 105' long
Impressive work, thanks!

Timothy_Q

Could anyone give us ride durations for other boat rides so we can compare? JC, iasw, Pirates, maelstrom

hpyhnt 1000

Gran Fiesta Tour, a typical slow boat ride, is about 6.5 minutes, which feels kinda short when you're on it. On the other hand, Star Tours is just under 5 minutes ride time, which feels quite long for a simulator/thrill ride. Just depends on perspective I guess. Since 5 minutes is the number that's been consistently tossed around, it's definitely going to be up to the sets and effects to really sell this one.

But thinking out loud, the one wild card in all of this is the exact ride system used. If it's something like the rumored Shanghai Pirates system (where the speed and direction of the boats can be independently controlled) and not a standard flume system, that can easily add another minute or two to the ride time (the small glimpse we got of the maintenance bay flume seemed to indicate this isn't a standard water flume). In theory it could allow boats to rotate in place or come to a stop for 15-20 seconds at a time, perhaps to watch an effect or listen to dialogue. Or maybe it could allow boats to "meander" through some of the wider sections of the flume.

We just don't know at this point. It seems there have been very few leaks in terms of details.

doctornick

I guess we could hope that the parking spaces are larger than "standard"....

Cesar R M

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic :hilarious: :coldfeet:

Its a double edged complaint. On the one end, the consensus is the plot itself isn't well done. On the other end, its the fact that there is too much plot and not enough acrobats, like you said.

This is hardly a change in venue. Cirque du Soleil is perhaps most known for their extravagant tours. Currently they have eight, soon to be seven on Feb. 26, touring shows worldwide. Four, soon to be three, are in the arena format, and the other four are under the Grand Chapiteau (aka the big top, see below for an example). In addition they also have 11 (one is closing in April, as another opens) shows in residence. Nine in Las Vegas, one in Orlando, one in Rivera Maya, MX, and soon one on Broadway in NYC.

5891022574_4a1da504db_z.jpg
They are opening one in my town.. Nuevo Vallarta.
Hell, they are build an ENTIRE PARK based on circle du soleil (look at VIDANTA NUEVO VALLARTA CIRCLE DU SOLEIL )

and good point. I only enjoyed the fixed circle du soleil in Disney Springs.
My mother in the other hand, has seen 3 (Joya in Cancun, one I dont remember in Guadalajara, which was touring, and the Disney Springs one)

disney4life2008

LOL I think you are missing the WHOLE point of that boat ride.

Nope. I clearly read that it is for people who do not want the excitement of the main attraction. I am talking about overall, Avatar is a bore. Nothing about the plans sounds exciting. I am sorry that I am solo in my thinking but this is all just a bore. On the other hand, Rivers of Light sounds amazing!

dreamscometrue

Nope. I clearly read that it is for people who do not want the excitement of the main attraction. I am talking about overall, Avatar is a bore. Nothing about the plans sounds exciting. I am sorry that I am solo in my thinking but this is all just a bore. On the other hand, Rivers of Light sounds amazing!
Each of us has our opinion, which makes discussion forums interesting. :)

I actually think the opposite. I believe I'm going to enjoy the 2 rides a lot, but be even more impressed by simply walking around the immersive land, especially at night. I really expect that I'll find this to be the most immersive theme park land around (at least for the next 2-3 years). Diagon Alley is impressive, but I expect this will be even more so, with the grandeur of the floating mountains, waterfalls and bio luminescent forest.

flyerjab

Each of us has our opinion, which makes discussion forums interesting. :)

I actually think the opposite. I believe I'm going to enjoy the 2 rides a lot, but be even more impressed by simply walking around the immersive land, especially at night. I really expect that I'll find this to be the most immersive theme park land around (at least for the next 2-3 years). Diagon Alley is impressive, but I expect this will be even more so, with the grandeur of the floating mountains, waterfalls and bio luminescent forest.

Could not agree with you more my friend. Grandeur is such an appropriate word.

Tom

Beta Return

View attachment 130075

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more likely it seems that it will be the Shanghai POTC system. The normal iasw/POTC-type boats are roughly 8' wide, so it seems highly unlikely they would be able to make turns that tight in a flume (which would need an inner radius around 6-7', much tighter than what we're used to). Given that the Shanghai system's movement is unrelated to the vehicle size, it seems like a good match

I think it will just be boats like JC, where some guide wheels hang down into that trough on rods. Thus, the boat can turn as sharp as the concrete trough turns.

They'd be propelled by pumps, like the other boat rides, rather than onboard motors.

Should give it a very free flowing feel to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom