marihalfen

What I'm getting from this discussion is that you guys are pretty sure that we are only getting one major attraction on this land.

I would like to see Disney surprinsing everyone with both concepts: a big outdoors coaster with the "flying on a Ikran" theme and some other attraction like a simulator with some kind of avatar experience. That would be really unexpected and would take this project to another level of consideration between the fans, in my opinion.

NoChesterHester

What I'm getting from this discussion is that you guys are pretty sure that we are only getting one major attraction on this land.

I would like to see Disney surprinsing everyone with both concepts: a big outdoors coaster with the "flying on a Ikran" theme and some other attraction like a simulator with some kind of avatar experience. That would be really unexpected and would take this project to another level of consideration between the fans, in my opinion.

I don't really assume anything yet. Just discussing some possibilities.

Besides, both Cameron and Iger said that Pandora would feature "multiple" attractions.

AEfx

I don't really assume anything yet. Just discussing some possibilities.

Besides, both Cameron and Iger said that Pandora would feature "multiple" attractions.

Right, but in Disney speak that could be one D-ticket, a meet and greet, and a churro stand selling Blue churros. ;)

I expect one big ride, one minor attraction, and probably some sort of Rainforest-cafe style restaurant.

What would be neat if if they did a "Blue Bayou" and had the restaurant viewing some portion of the attraction - though I do hope they would shield riders from seeing the diners, it kind of ruins the quiet, peaceful scene at DL's POTC when you see diners in shorts and T-Shirts off to the side stuffing their faces. ;)

Right, but in Disney speak that could be one D-ticket, a meet and greet, and a churro stand selling Blue churros. ;)

I expect one big ride, one minor attraction, and probably some sort of Rainforest-cafe style restaurant.

What would be neat if if they did a "Blue Bayou" and had the restaurant viewing some portion of the attraction - though I do hope they would shield riders from seeing the diners, it kind of ruins the quiet, peaceful scene at DL's POTC when you see diners in shorts and T-Shirts off to the side stuffing their faces. ;)

I'm expecting(hoping) for 1 BIG ride, some kind of show(live? 3d?) a walk through, a D-Ticket and a C-Ticket and some kind of Rainforest restaurant and maybe a few minor A ticket attractions. Normally I wouldn't dare to hope for so much, but they did say it was gonna be an entire LAND after all.:slurp:

RSoxNo1

I'm expecting(hoping) for 1 BIG ride, some kind of show(live? 3d?) a walk through, a D-Ticket and a C-Ticket and some kind of Rainforest restaurant and maybe a few minor A ticket attractions. Normally I wouldn't dare to hope for so much, but they did say it was gonna be an entire LAND after all.:slurp:

Dinoland has the most rides in the Animal Kingdom at 3, I wouldn't expect more than that.

Atomicmickey

You know, I'm not exactly cheering for a hyper-coaster, here. Firstly, Disney isn't an "extreme thrill ride" place, in general. That's Six Flags, and in the theme park biz, it's more Universal. (yes, I know, WDW does have it's share of thrills, no need to list 'em.)

What I'm looking for is immersion, and exhilaration. Soarin' has the exhilaration part down, but of course, in Pandora, wouldn't want to walk into and strap into a giant Erector set as you do in Soarin'.

Take my breath away, and not by extreme G-Forces. That's what I'd like out of Pandora attractions . . . .

Tom

Beta Return
You know, I'm not exactly cheering for a hyper-coaster, here. Firstly, Disney isn't an "extreme thrill ride" place, in general. That's Six Flags, and in the theme park biz, it's more Universal. (yes, I know, WDW does have it's share of thrills, no need to list 'em.)

What I'm looking for is immersion, and exhilaration. Soarin' has the exhilaration part down, but of course, in Pandora, wouldn't want to walk into and strap into a giant Erector set as you do in Soarin'.

Take my breath away, and not by extreme G-Forces. That's what I'd like out of Pandora attractions . . . .

I'm with ya, but for personal reasons. I don't want any more extreme coasters because they make me ill (severe motion sickness). I can't enjoy some of the more impressive WDW attractions (Everest, Star Tours, or RnRC) because of this ailment.

I definitely want to see RIDES in this land, as opposed to more walk-thru exhibits, but it would be nice to keep them sane AND family friendly.

This land will be their biggest opportunity ever to create a literal full-immersion environment. I want to see them put 150% of their creative and technological resources into it, but I want EVERY guest to be able to enjoy the majority of the land at any given moment.

Disaddict

I think everyone is selling Disney short here. I have no doubt that they will do both. They will likely have a completely immersive experience with all of the sights and sounds and a thrilling attraction experience. With 500 million to spend on the land they ought to be able to do it pretty nice.

misterID

I don't think Avatar lends itself well to a coaster, imo. I'm sure Cameron will want a story to be told. What I'm getting, with the mention of AA's, is a dark ride. At least I hope so.

AEfx

I'm with ya, but for personal reasons. I don't want any more extreme coasters because they make me ill (severe motion sickness). I can't enjoy some of the more impressive WDW attractions (Everest, Star Tours, or RnRC) because of this ailment.

Just as an FYI, you might want to think about braving the new Star Tours. It is MUCH smoother now. I am fine on roller coasters (though something about the backwards on Everest makes me only do it once in awhile), but Body Wars used to do me in. In the old Star Tours I needed to sit in the front or I'd feel queasy after. The new Star Tours, I could sit on and ride all day without feeling any type of motion sickness, and I've gone on it and ridden in every row/section.

Only you know what's best for you, just wanted you to know it's much more fluid and smooth now - I suppose partially due to whatever mechanical enhancements were made, but also because while the original was programmed by a guy and a joystick, the new version is digitally matched with the image which gives a lot more accuracy (which is what I always felt was the issue with Body Wars).

CastleBound

I really hope there isn't a big coaster. Me personally, I don't travel to Disney World for thrills. If I wanted them, I could drive to Six Flags 20 minutes away. I hope there is something a bit more inspiring than we have seen of late. I say walk through, omnimover, or even as far as Everest style coaster. Nothing bigger.

Skippy's Pal

I would think the "Pandora experience," whatever that comes to be, would more likely include immersive, interactive 3-D along the lines of Toy Story Mania.

Bairstow

along the lines of Toy Story Mania.

Well that should save a bit of time.
product_avatar_xbox_360_game.jpg

There, done. Here's the new attraction.

RSoxNo1

But hopefully they hold true to Avatarland ALONE being a Half-Day land.

Dinoland certainly isn't a half day land... More like a half hour land :lookaroun

Yeah, there's a huge difference in quality vs. quantity. I like Dinosaur more than most, but it's no secret that Primeval Whirl doesn't belong (I really don't mind Triceratops Spin, I recognize the need for that type of attraction).

If there is a component of Avatarland that resembles Dino-Rama, the fan community will be up in arms. That doesn't mean they can't have kiddy rides, Seussland in IOA is an example of having this work, but it does mean that an attraction like Primeval Whirl does not belong.

Dukeblue1227

Yeah, there's a huge difference in quality vs. quantity. I like Dinosaur more than most, but it's no secret that Primeval Whirl doesn't belong (I really don't mind Triceratops Spin, I recognize the need for that type of attraction).

If there is a component of Avatarland that resembles Dino-Rama, the fan community will be up in arms. That doesn't mean they can't have kiddy rides, Seussland in IOA is an example of having this work, but it does mean that an attraction like Primeval Whirl does not belong.

No I entirely agree with you. Completely. And I personally love Dinosaur, one of my favorite rides.

I was only commenting that hopefully they do in fact stick to their guns about it being a half-day land which hopefully will just mean it will offer some big E-ticket ride, a D-ticket dark ride... some kind of live show, and then I don't know, probably as others have said some kind of Rainforest Cafe restaurant themed for Pandora... plus something else, like a C-ticket kind of ride that would appeal more to a younger crowd.

Totally talking out of thin air obviously, just... commenting haha.

NoChesterHester

Dinosaurs are cross generational and always popular. I really wish Dinoland would have been fleshed out more, but Diorama really screwed that up. The subject matter has so much potential. I've heard Jurrasuc Park at IOA is great, but poorly maintained.

Bairstow

Dinosaurs are cross generational and always popular. I really wish Dinoland would have been fleshed out more, but Diorama really screwed that up. The subject matter has so much potential. I've heard Jurrasuc Park at IOA is great, but poorly maintained.

Florida's Jurassic Park is a really neat design, but the individual animatronics, even when working, aren't all that impressive. They're very slow and have limited articulation, which may be a necessary design element of being housed outside in the elements. None of them can hold a candle to any of the Carnotauri.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom