doctornick

there is not one shred of evidence that the people in japan didnt like the avatar concept...in fact jim hill reported that they crowd loved the concept art

Avatar will have a similar impact that cars land had at DCA (in my opinion)

in fact OLC didnt want avatar or cars land because of cost not because they didnt like it...

The other issue with Japan is space. They need to be particular with what projects they pursue. Avatar really doesn't fit into either of their parks thematically (I know WDI was trying to sell it to them for TDS) and would take up a good bit of space. I think it is more likely that Avatar ends up in one of the parks in China someday if sequels are successful.

twebber55

The other issue with Japan is space. They need to be particular with what projects they pursue. Avatar really doesn't fit into either of their parks thematically (I know WDI was trying to sell it to them for TDS) and would take up a good bit of space. I think it is more likely that Avatar ends up in one of the parks in China someday if sequels are successful.
yep i could see it in hong kong

one thing ill say is this about the sequels.... cars 2 wasnt very good but cars land was still a huge success....i think it may be more about the land and how it does at DAK that will determine whether it gets built

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yep i could see it in hong kong

one thing ill say is this about the sequels.... cars 2 wasnt very good but cars land was still a huge success....i think it may be more about the land and how it does at DAK that will determine whether it gets built
You are correct about that. A good movie does not necessarily guarantee a good attraction and vice versa. If Pandora is a hit at AK the other parks will line up to have it no matter if the sequels bomb or make a bazillion dollars each.

Magenta Panther

So does anyone know if Avatar is still going to be happening? I had heard that the reason the concept art was released In Japan's D23 was to try and build excitement there and get fans to want it at the Tokyo Disney Resort. This would allow Disney to split the cost of the projects development with the Oriental Land Co. Apparently neither the fans or the OLC wanted anything to do with Avatar. Is this true? Will Disney move forward on Avatar even though they now seem to have to pay for it all on their own?

I really don't feel good that so many people here don't think Avatar is a good idea and now it seems that people in Japan don't think so either. Disney better put a lot into Avatar and hit a home run or I fear they are wasting there money on this project.

Look at the theme park Japan has. Why would they get excited about an attraction based on an overhyped preachy piece of cheese?

Magenta Panther

there is not one shred of evidence that the people in japan didnt like the avatar concept...in fact jim hill reported that they crowd loved the concept art

Avatar will have a similar impact that cars land had at DCA (in my opinion)

in fact OLC didnt want avatar or cars land because of cost not because they didnt like it...

Jim Hill knows which side his bread is buttered on. He would NEVER diss anything Disney does.

SithTRR

SO many posts on this subject. I wanted to know what is the realistic honest possibility that another roller coaster would be included in the new Avatarland? I am hopeful, however, I do not think that another roller coaster is going to happen. I did find this new ride patent that was filed earlier this year. I know the image shows a plane, but that I believe is a diversion. I could see this as the way to have the guest fly on a banshee.

http://www.disneybymark.com/2013/04/30/wdis-twister-ride-system/

upload_2013-10-30_11-16-32.jpeg

There are more pictures that you can see with the link above. Thoughts?

twebber55

SO many posts on this subject. I wanted to know what is the realistic honest possibility that another roller coaster would be included in the new Avatarland? I am hopeful, however, I do not think that another roller coaster is going to happen. I did find this new ride patent that was filed earlier this year. I know the image shows a plane, but that I believe is a diversion. I could see this as the way to have the guest fly on a banshee.

View attachment 37134
looks like the coaster was scrapped that this will be a two ride land

Cesar R M

or maybe they could do it vertically in Japan?
example; the GIANT TREE!
sort of a giant tree house a la Avatar, the inner core = the enclosed air conditioned area with the glow forest theme.

View attachment 37134
Wouldn't a star wars like ride (like the one in disney hollywood studios) make more sense?
Ie, participate in the "battle of pandora" of the first movie as the rogue helicopter or some stuff like that.

As for Animal Kingdom... I always wondered..
Where are they relocating the Lion King festival? (or is it gonna stay in the same place?)

Cesar R M

Based on the plans we have seen it appears to be about the same size.

So they just extended the building to have the "protrusions"(where the carts and the actors go out to the public zone) inside the main building ?

Kinda hard to explain with words, I apologize for my incomplete english.

(or even better, anyone got the link to the plans?)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So they just extended the building to have the "protrusions"(where the carts and the actors go out to the public zone) inside the main building ?

Kinda hard to explain with words, I apologize for my incomplete english.

(or even better, anyone got the link to the plans?)

Nope, the "protrusions" will still be outside the main building.

Cesar R M

Nope, the "protrusions" will still be outside the main building.

All right, thanks for the clarification man!.
And specially.. thanks for being patient.. I'm not exactly a Disney WDW experienced man (only went once, going twice to animal kingdom's park).

As for last question... You guys recon the older building will be demolished? or just refurbished for some avatar related indoor show?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All right, thanks for the clarification man!.
And specially.. thanks for being patient.. I'm not exactly a Disney WDW experienced man (only went once, going twice to animal kingdom's park).

As for last question... You guys recon the older building will be demolished? or just refurbished for some avatar related indoor show?

Probably demolished. It was supposed to be temporary when it was built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom