Cesar R M

Disney hasn't let me doesn't on AAs yet. Between NFL and FEA I think Disney will take it to the next level for avatar.
But FEA only has 2 actually good AA's. the "dancing" singing olaff in the start and maybe the Elsa one..
The others feel kinda rigid( at least from what I seen on the videos online)
In the other hand.. Fantasyland's minetrain's ones are fantastic (the ones inside the cave scene). * ends impopular opinion*

All the same, I'll keep a lookout on the Disney Audition site for CMs who are over 7 feet tall.
And they need to be hella thin and slender. Even if they hired 2.2 meter tall ex basketball players.. I dont think they have the built :hilarious:

KingOfEpicocity

But FEA only has 2 actually good AA's. the "dancing" singing olaff in the start and maybe the Elsa one..
The others feel kinda rigid( at least from what I seen on the videos online)
In the other hand.. Fantasyland's minetrain's ones are fantastic (the ones inside the cave scene). * ends impopular opinion*

And they need to be hella thin and slender. Even if they hired 2.2 meter tall ex basketball players.. I dont think they have the built :hilarious:

Well I'm going to have to disagree on frozen, I'm sure the other AAs in the ride didn't need to be as splendid as the focus of the opening and finale, but they are undeniably smooth. And if you need proof that Disney imgaineeeing is still innovative look no further than lumiere.

Cesar R M

Well I'm going to have to disagree on frozen, I'm sure the other AAs in the ride didn't need to be as splendid as the focus of the opening and finale, but they are undeniably smooth. And if you need proof that Disney imgaineeeing is still innovative look no further than lumiere.
Id have to check that Lumiere, which one are you specifically mentioning?
As for Frozen.. the dancing Olaff is definitively smooth. Love the little dance!

KingOfEpicocity

Id have to check that Lumiere, which one are you specifically mentioning?
As for Frozen.. the dancing Olaff is definitively smooth. Love the little dance!

The animatronic which sits on top of the fireplace in enchanted tales with belle. Fantastically realistic, the experience itself is a lack luster meet and greet but the AA makes it worth a trip IMO.
LumiereActuator-560x423.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes it is from the patent I believe. It's a surprisingly detailed drawing, we don't always see that in patents. Really helps you appreciate the figure more when you see it in action. A very clever and realistic design.

Here is the full patent with a lot more detailed drawings...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20120152051A1/en

Wish we has this back when someone on here was insisting that there was a person directly controlling this.

KingOfEpicocity

Here is the full patent with a lot more detailed drawings...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20120152051A1/en

Wish we has this back when someone on here was insisting that there was a person directly controlling this.
Good find on the pattent! Very cool.
But please don't tell me that was actually considered as the control mechanism! Although too be fair, at first glance it is a little too realistic ;)

dm11

The animatronic which sits on top of the fireplace in enchanted tales with belle. Fantastically realistic, the experience itself is a lack luster meet and greet but the AA makes it worth a trip IMO.
I know it is a tangent to the Avatar discussion, but this post best summarizes my feelings about the Enchanted Tales with Belle - a lackluster M&G with some really cool stuff. While Lumiere AA is certainly the coolest, the Wardrobe AA is nice too and so is the Magic Mirror. Come to think of it, this attraction may be the weirdest combination of cheesy and cool stuff at WDW.

KingOfEpicocity

I know it is a tangent to the Avatar discussion, but this post best summarizes my feelings about the Enchanted Tales with Belle - a lackluster M&G with some really cool stuff. While Lumiere AA is certainly the coolest, the Wardrobe AA is nice too and so is the Magic Mirror. Come to think of it, this attraction may be the weirdest combination of cheesy and cool stuff at WDW.

I completely agree. I found myself engrossed in the theming and effort behind it. It seems as if it was more of a test for this tech (maybe for the castle in Shanghai?) and honestly I do it every time I'm there just because I find it so fascinating. And the same can be said about little mermaid next door. The ride itself is not that great. But the queue and the animatronics make it worth my time for sure.

Cesar R M

Afraid since most of my trips are with adults or by myself. I have never been to that attraction.
I might be temped to check in just to see the whole mirror thing and the Lumiere AA.

KingOfEpicocity

What's ironic about Lumiere's 'smooth moves' as an animatronic, is the fact that he's a glorified rod-puppet.

Which Personally makes it more impressive. Havent seen anything of this stature designed
Afraid since most of my trips are with adults or by myself. I have never been to that attraction.
I might be temped to check in just to see the whole mirror thing and the Lumiere AA.

It's massively impressive... if you don't mind mind the whole cheesy meet and greet lol. It's a shame the experience is lame given the surroundings are so well done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait, Mickey is NOT REAL?

CESAR, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Cesar, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, CESAR, there is a Mickey Mouse. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Mickey Mouse. It would be as dreary as if there were no CESARS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Mickey Mouse! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the mouse holes of the world to catch Mickey Mouse, but even if they did not see Mickey Mouse coming out, what would that prove? Nobody sees Mickey Mouse, but that is no sign that there is no Mickey Mouse. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, CESAR, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Mickey Mouse! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Cesar, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.

Cesar R M

CESAR, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Cesar, whether they be men’s or children’s, are little. In this great universe of ours man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect, as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.

Yes, CESAR, there is a Mickey Mouse. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Mickey Mouse. It would be as dreary as if there were no CESARS. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.

Not believe in Mickey Mouse! You might as well not believe in fairies! You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the mouse holes of the world to catch Mickey Mouse, but even if they did not see Mickey Mouse coming out, what would that prove? Nobody sees Mickey Mouse, but that is no sign that there is no Mickey Mouse. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that’s no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.

You may tear apart the baby’s rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, CESAR, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.

No Mickey Mouse! Thank God! he lives, and he lives forever. A thousand years from now, Cesar, nay, ten times ten thousand years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.
:eek:
wNvBCMv.gif

This is pretty darn cool, the passenger is puppeteering the head of the bird but when I saw this I immediately thought of Flight of Passage. I'm really hoping for something like this but obviously a little more technologically advanced.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=8AsxtFwbe_E

That is some very cool Da' vinci stuff o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom