HauntedMansionFLA

image.jpg

Here is a CarsLand model - Pandora will look great when all said and done. Couple more hours.

Incomudro

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/pandora-animal-kingdom-update/

This is a great summation of what was presented on Pandora up to this point at D23.
Great write up, thanks for sharing it.
That story mirrors almost exactly the way I feel about Avatar... er, Pandora.
I think this is going to be fantastic.
AK is the most beautiful of the newer parks as far as I'm concerned.
The attention to detail and artistry displayed in AK is unparalleled.
If you don't like Pandora, I don't see what you like about Disney.

flyerjab

Honestly it looks great. If they pull off the nighttime stuff, that itself will make this a must see.

One of the problems that WDW currently suffers from is that the MK becomes a bloated bag of humanity at night for the parade, castle projection and fireworks shows. Couple that with the fact the park has the most to do and we all get the picture. With the nighttime show and safaris, along with what Pandora will offer, I think that this has a chance to help a little bit. Let's face it, what other park will have an environment that comes to life and glows above you, around you, and beneath you. This is a truly original concept that you can't find anywhere else in Orlando. I know which park I will want to be in as the sun sets in 2017, and it won't be the MK.

HauntedMansionFLA

Great write up, thanks for sharing it.
That story mirrors almost exactly the way I feel about Avatar... er, Pandora.
I think this is going to be fantastic.
AK is the most beautiful of the newer parks as far as I'm concerned.
The attention to detail and artistry displayed in AK is unparalleled.
If you don't like Pandora, I don't see what you like about Disney.
Yes, and the guy doing the rock work is no slouch too :)

G00fyDad

On a side note, no one has talked about the fact that, for probably the first
time, there is a partially exposed female alien nipple in a Disney Theme Park exhibit . .

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...model-at-d23-expo-2015/25018.htm#&gid=1&pid=2

They're gonna need bigger feathers . . .

Where do you see nipple? I see a faintly colored area that is in line with the rest of the patches of color on her body, but that is no nipple. I think you are seeing something that you want to see.

ToTBellHop

Where do you see nipple? I see a faintly colored area that is in line with the rest of the patches of color on her body, but that is no nipple. I think you are seeing something that you want to see.
Areola technically. Still, if these are played by humans in the parks, there will of course be body suits. If the are A-A, you'll only see what Rohde wants you to see.

G00fyDad

Areola technically. Still, if these are played by humans in the parks, there will of course be body suits. If the are A-A, you'll only see what Rohde wants you to see.

I doubt they will ever be played by humans in the parks since the Navi are severely tall and much larger physically than humans. There would be no way to get that to look anywhere near right with a human in a body suit. The Navi will most likely be exclusively AA's.

ToTBellHop

I doubt they will ever be played by humans in the parks since the Navi are severely tall and much larger physically than humans. There would be no way to get that to look anywhere near right with a human in a body suit. The Navi will most likely be exclusively AA's.
Should be impressive and slightly frightening. Let's just hope Disney takes care of all of the AAs we are getting. No yetis please.

Atomicmickey

Well, no, not seeing what I want to see, seeing what is there. You need to zoom in. I was amused by the fact that the correct anatomy is on display, that's all. I do not have a thing for blue smurf girls. :p

bakntime

On a side note, no one has talked about the fact that, for probably the first
time, there is a partially exposed female alien nipple in a Disney Theme Park exhibit . .

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...model-at-d23-expo-2015/25018.htm#&gid=1&pid=2

They're gonna need bigger feathers . . .
Peter Pan had topless mermaids (no nipples, but bare uppers).

20k leagues had the same.

And Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had this:
rapunzel_painting.jpg

And Disneyland's POTC has this (to this day)

marcdavis_redhead_final.jpg

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom