AVATAR land construction progress

jpinkc

We come every other year usually. I know this is a WDW forum, but I was seriously impressed by HP at Universal. I wasnt a huge fan of much over there when we went prior (I wasnt that impressed with Jurassic park, but I do like Dinosaur more in Epcot). But I dont know that Avatar will be as impressive in the attractions, or in the land itself by comparison. Myself personally think Avatar is a bit long in the tooth for this treatment. My wife was a huge Avatar fan when it came out in 2008or9(?) but for her its the only reason to go to AK. I like AK, and the kids like parts of it, just felt to them like it should be a half day park, kind of how they view DHS atm with so much of it down.

lobelia

So Avatar construction......what is going on with that tree stump vineyard thing in the middle? Is that it? Is there more to it?

Cesar R M

I just don't like the ending or lack of a good ending for Gringotts. It's not a bad ride but it could have been better.

How Pandora turns out no one knows. Doesn't matter to me what the subject matter is, a good ride is a good ride. It's like the Hulk at Universal, makes no difference to me how it's themed I like that coaster.
seconding, the ending was anticlimatic.
They could have ended it with flying from the dragon hole with a big drop.. not a tiny one.

OldBlueEyes

So Avatar construction......what is going on with that tree stump vineyard thing in the middle? Is that it? Is there more to it?
Aerial:
2016-11-09 MickeyExtreme cropped JPEG 01.jpg

When it's done, it should look something like this:
World-of-Avatar 02cr.jpg

OBE

lobelia

Thanks OBE! I wasn't criticizing it btw. Just curious and wanted to talk about something on topic. I am curious about the interactivity avatar land will have with our magic bracelets. I thought that was a selling point.

sedati

I haven't decided what they haven't done. Calm down. I made an observation based on reports that have been discussed here and other places. No banshees on the sides of the mountains were ever mentioned anywhere so I made a comment.
The comment was meant in a hopeful way and not any kind of judgement on you. Reading my sentence back with the vitriol that I assume most of this site's posts are meant to be read in, I guess I can see it as an attack on you and I'm sorry about that.

Prototype82

I do apologize if this thread is the wrong location for this question, but do you need special tickets, or a D23 membership to see Joe Rhode and James Cameron on Sunday?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom