AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wouldn't put that outside the realm of possibility. The address in the permit is not one I have seen before. Unfortunately the permits have not provided enough clues to decipher the address pattern. Since we have seen lights going up on the bridge I wonder if they might do some sort of preview center right on the other side of the bridge.

twebber55

I wouldn't put that outside the realm of possibility. The address in the permit is not one I have seen before. Unfortunately the permits have not provided enough clues to decipher the address pattern. Since we have seen lights going up on the bridge I wonder if they might do some sort of preview center right on the other side of the bridge.
thought about that as well

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Have they done any other work for Disney? They don't have a website but they have s Facebook page that says they do theme park and museum work.

I looked back through the permits and they have done some kiosks for the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden festival, but they also did some more permeant things like new turret tops for the MK hub expansion, and some show elements for the SDMT.

Cesar R M

Well, they need to somehow make the "transportation to pandora" believable, right?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Daveeeeed

Possibility that avatar will be opened by April 8th, just in time for spring break guests? That's when I will be returning to Disney...
I would say it's extremely unlikely we'll see softs like New Fantasyland, especially ahead of schedule. Personally I think it will end up being Late April early May, but there's a good chance it could be even later.

Daveeeeed

Possibility that avatar will be opened by April 8th, just in time for spring break guests? That's when I will be returning to Disney...
We've delayed our trip this weekend to Thanksgiving 2016 due to Hurricane Mathew and instead will not also be going Spring break next year as we were planning. We'll probably go again next year second half so it's a sure thing for Avatar. If you can do that that's probably best.

Mike S

Doubtful they will. Most of those cranes can withstand winds up to 100 mph.

What they will typically do is actually unlock the rotation which allows the crane to align with the wind like a gigantic weathervane.

Should make for an interesting show.
They are taking the cranes down at Volcano Bay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom