AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think it's just coincidence that the security guard is standing there. I was just there a few days ago and no one was there.

I guess I wasn't paying much attention on my last trip, but is it common the have uniformed security out and about in the parks, beyond the ones at the entrances?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess I wasn't paying much attention on my last trip, but is it common the have uniformed security out and about in the parks, beyond the ones at the entrances?
I don't think it is uncommon, but I can not recall a time seeing them en masse outside of an emergency.

In this particular case, it would not surprise me if Disney has run into issues with people trying to partially scale or go under the fence for a better picture and the guard was stationed there to curb it.

flyerjab

I was just there last weekend and there were no security guards at that location. Maybe no one was trying to scale any fences (or maybe they just never noticed me :cautious:).

On a side note, the area in back of the Rainforest Cafe was talked about previously whereby WDW cast members were dissuading people from taking photos back there. When I wandered back, there were cast members there but they in no way stopped me or others from photographing the floating mountains. In fact, they were quite nice and were very talkative about the work going on back there.

djkidkaz

Yes it's very common, I just don't think people pay much attention. It's gotten even more common since they are being more proactive on safety and security since adding the scanners.

Cesar R M

They usually are in when theres visible trouble imho.
I guess they didnt have enough "plainclothes" ones?

Ismael Flores

There onto use
ratBvDt.png
never really understood Disney's excessive secrecy on construction photos. You would think they would enjoy the word of mouth and free publicity. Its not like people will be able to take pictures of the inside of attractions or give away trade secrets to their competitors.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
And have the Na'vi pay for it.
I suspect that ACE travel is to blame for the current lack of security funding. Imagine a company with their resume skimping on the protection of their clients. It's shameful. The Na'vi's only interest in this cultural exchange endeavour is the protection of their resources and interplanetary respect of religious beliefs. Perhaps it's time for this renowned sponsor to step up and contribute to this shortfall.

*1023*

rioriz

I suspect that ACE travel is to blame for the current lack of security funding. Imagine a company with their resume skimping on the protection of their clients. It's shameful. The Na'vi's only interest in this cultural exchange endeavour is the protection of their resources and interplanetary respect of religious beliefs. Perhaps it's time for this renowned sponsor to step up and contribute to this shortfall.

*1023*

Maybe the shortage is due to the increased Water Bill from the past couple of weeks???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom