AVATAR land construction progress

JohnWD

Is there any guidance with this on when audio equipment is installed? Is it unique to see them putting speaker systems in active construction areas nearly a year out?
This is for the workers enjoyment since no cell phones are allowed. :cool:

image.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is there any guidance with this on when audio equipment is installed? Is it unique to see them putting speaker systems in active construction areas nearly a year out?

No, no details. You are right they wouldn't install the speakers until later, but they could be running all the wiring.

rioriz

Well there is this part in NRJ where the boats meet an S - Bend..... I kid I kid

There are three thinigs that come to mind that could possibly be causing the delay...two dealing with the internal attraction and 1 environmental one that could derail the project into RoL such phase

I would imagine if the delay is known ahead of time we might see one of the projects on slate for AK be greenlit and rushed...this park cannot stand on its own without Pandora for too long...

ToTBellHop

Well there is this part in NRJ where the boats meet an S - Bend..... I kid I kid

There are three thinigs that come to mind that could possibly be causing the delay...two dealing with the internal attraction and 1 environmental one that could derail the project into RoL such phase

I would imagine if the delay is known ahead of time we might see one of the projects on slate for AK be greenlit and rushed...this park cannot stand on its own without Pandora for too long...
Nothing I am aware of would delay it "too long". 6 months tops? But these are ride tech issues. Let's hope all of the outdoor bioluminescence works when they lay that down. I question the reliability of those effects in Florida's climate but would love to be surprised.

rioriz

Nothing I am aware of would delay it "too long". 6 months tops? But these are ride tech issues. Let's hope all of the outdoor bioluminescence works when they lay that down. I question the reliability of those effects in Florida's climate but would love to be surprised.

That is exactly what I was thinking could derail the project and cause major delays!

From what I know of FoP, I could see there being issues with infastructure and reliability of the ride vehicle responding in the way it is intended. This is not an off the shelf version of the ride mechanism and could definitely experince hiccups early on

dreday3

Oh crud. I quietly read these boards and felt safe in planning a late October/early November trip for 2017 in the hopes it would be open. fingers crossed.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom