AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

early june for me

This is one opening that will not be missed. I might not be there for the debut or softs, but I will be there soon after. So many people are talking about the huge and heavily themed lands in Shanghai, along with how much better some of the modern rides appear when compared to their older, domestic counterparts. Obviously, we are all anticipating the Star Wars land that is over the horizon. In truth, this Pandora expansion should be the opportunity for people vacationing in WDW to get a glimpse of what Disney can do with today's technology (and a over-bloated budget). I expect this land to be comparable to what we are seeing overseas.

HouseHacker97

This is one opening that will not be missed. I might not be there for the debut or softs, but I will be there soon after. So many people are talking about the huge and heavily themed lands in Shanghai, along with how much better some of the modern rides appear when compared to their older, domestic counterparts. Obviously, we are all anticipating the Star Wars land that is over the horizon. In truth, this Pandora expansion should be the opportunity for people vacationing in WDW to get a glimpse of what Disney can do with today's technology (and a over-bloated budget). I expect this land to be comparable to what we are seeing overseas.

I really hope so! Our pirates is embarrassing compared to Shanghai's. if the rides are even remotely as detailed as the mountains are now I will be happy- but I want Pandora and Star Wars to be attractions that make other resorts jealous :happy:

HauntedMansionFLA

Good to see you back! Thanks for the pictures. I believe the floating rocks with "the sticks" will look find once they put the vines around them (I assume they will do that). Don't judge until it's finally finished.

Brian Swan

I really hope so! Our pirates is embarrassing compared to Shanghai's. if the rides are even remotely as detailed as the mountains are now I will be happy- but I want Pandora and Star Wars to be attractions that make other resorts jealous :happy:
I disagree. Obviously I haven't been to Shanghai to see it in person, but from the videos I've watched I agree that the effects look pretty amazing, but I also love a ride with dozens of AAs in fully realized sets as much or more than a few (very well done) AAs in a ride that depends so heavily on screen technology. They are different types of rides that are equally enjoyable for what they are. Of course, I'm pretty old, and I have a lot of nostalgia for the type of ride that made Disney parks what they are.

TikiTorch

I predict will be at least Earth Day, more likely Memorial Day. They need AK to be firmly established in fans' minds as a full day/nighttime park. After a calendar year of late closings and (eventually) Rivers of Life, anyone who is a "regular" visitor will be thinking of AK that way. Pandora will undoubtedly be must-see after dark, and will surely include a pretty awesome place for dinner. So I'm thinking closer to summer for that reason in addition to practical construction timelines.

dm11

Disney's MO over the last few years has been late May through the end of the year for ride openings. Although I would love it to open on Earth Day (as we are planning summer visit), I seriously doubt it will. Memorial Day or some time in late June sounds more realistic. And again, this is based more on their past record than actual progress on construction.

twebber55

Disney's MO over the last few years has been late May through the end of the year for ride openings. Although I would love it to open on Earth Day (as we are planning summer visit), I seriously doubt it will. Memorial Day or some time in late June sounds more realistic. And again, this is based more on their past record than actual progress on construction.
you may be right but that they have said multiple times early 2017

twebber55

Bolt

A permit was filed for the contractor Pro-Sound today for various locations around Avatarland. I am guessing this if for sound installation around the land since it is at so many different locations.

417, 517, 491, 527, 561, 541, 501, 509, 491 #B, 471 #A W Savannah Circle - Morpho AD -Equipment Installation/Low Voltage terminations
Is there any guidance with this on when audio equipment is installed? Is it unique to see them putting speaker systems in active construction areas nearly a year out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom