AVATAR land construction progress

BrianLo

pandora-mountain.jpg

from themeparkinsider.com

It's been a long time coming, but Pandora is finally next up for anticipated projects!

Prototype82

A cast member told me, come back in March. lol I just laughed and nodded. I'm expecting Summer on this. They are moving really fast but testing, glitches, and the thing I haven't seen talked about much: the amount of trees they are going to need to transplant is insane.

Prototype82

Disney please make this part of the area music when it finally opens.
I can't see why it wouldn't. They're probably going to need to compose new attraction music that will flow with the new rides, but they have a whole arsenal of tunes that Horner composed for the film that they could use as area music. It works for Star Tours, Wizarding World, etc, so I think they realize paying their respects to Horner by using his film music is tasteful. And you can't have Pandora without the 'Climbing' theme. It would be blasphemy.

HauntedMansionFLA

I can't see why it wouldn't. They're probably going to need to compose new attraction music that will flow with the new rides, but they have a whole arsenal of tunes that Horner composed for the film that they could use as area music. It works for Star Tours, Wizarding World, etc, so I think they realize paying their respects to Horner by using his film music is tasteful. And you can't have Pandora without the 'Climbing' theme. It would be blasphemy.
And we don't know of Horner had music ready for the new movies too.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Our plane landed at 3AM last night. Back home at last. So, I was managing a big family reunion and really didn't see a pic that would be significantly better than what you all already had. However, I can earn my keep by painting a word picture that will enable you visualize Avatar:Land of Cool Stuff as though you were there.

It looked really big. Also, some dudes in orange vests were installing green stuff. Two big cranes were lifting big heavy things.

Nemo14

Our plane landed at 3AM last night. Back home at last. So, I was managing a big family reunion and really didn't see a pic that would be significantly better than what you all already had. However, I can earn my keep by painting a word picture that will enable you visualize Avatar:Land of Cool Stuff as though you were there.

It looked really big. Also, some dudes in orange vests were installing green stuff. Two big cranes were lifting big heavy things.
*sigh*

So beautiful!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Disney please make this part of the area music when it finally opens.

On my end I'm hearing that it is going to be Me So by 2 Live Crew, The Joker by Steve Miller Band, and Kiss the Girl from the Little Mermaid soundtrack played in a continuous loop. Testing was done by having imagineers walk through 2:1 cardboard mock ups (twice as big is important for testing) of the land revealed that this combination of music heightens the senses and creates a sense of wonder that really compliments the visual experience.

toolsnspools

Yay! I was hoping for lots of green stuff and heavy things.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was just reading this article and wondered if this may be something that WDI could be using For Avatar?

http://bgr.com/2016/06/20/glow-in-the-dark-cement-phosphorescent/
I am not sure if that is all that different than the addition of this product that has been on the market for years to concrete.

If it is, then their appearance outside is going to be tricky. I have them in my walkways outside and they are quite visible when it is really dark (eg new moon, cloudy, etc), but any external light tends to drown them out. Now if used inside, a black light will make them pop like they have a battery hooked up to them.

Ismael Flores

Disneyland is built the in middle of a city. Animal Kingdom is not. Not a one to one compairison there!
Why wouldn't it be the same thing, you had said that it ruins the illusion why would that be any different?

If the argument is that Disneyland Anaheim is in the middle of a city then it should even be if bigger priority to try and hide as much as they can.

If we are going to argue the loss of Emersion that we can not give one Disney park a pass and not the other.

Either way, does anyone even know exactly from what angle that picture was taken? What percentage of the guests will see it? And from what it looks like there is a large berm of trees that are are growing.

Sped2424

Why wouldn't it be the same thing, you had said that it ruins the illusion why would that be any different?

If the argument is that Disneyland Anaheim is in the middle of a city then it should even be if bigger priority to try and hide as much as they can.

If we are going to argue the loss of Emersion that we can not give one Disney park a pass and not the other.

Either way, does anyone even know exactly from what angle that picture was taken? What percentage of the guests will see it? And from what it looks like there is a large berm of trees that are are growing.
Every guest who drives into Animal Kingdom sees the avatar show building and the rocks on a stick. You see it on the curve on the way to the parking lot it's not backstage access. The reason I give Disneyland a pass is that for backstage and access there has to be some sort of entry way somewhere. Granted they could do better sure. But again when you have the "Blessing of Size" and tons of expansion pads and places to hide critical show elements why would you do anything but. Rocks on the sticks kills the illusion of anything floating.
07-15-13-IMG_5333.jpg

This ^ is nowhere near as bad as this
bioreconstruct-2016-06-05-3-jpg.144966

twebber55

Every guest who drives into Animal Kingdom sees the avatar show building and the rocks on a stick. You see it on the curve on the way to the parking lot it's not backstage access. The reason I give Disneyland a pass is that for backstage and access there has to be some sort of entry way somewhere. Granted they could do better sure. But again when you have the "Blessing of Size" and tons of expansion pads and places to hide critical show elements why would you do anything but. Rocks on the sticks kills the illusion of anything floating.
07-15-13-IMG_5333.jpg

This ^ is nowhere near as bad as this
bioreconstruct-2016-06-05-3-jpg.144966
no it doesnt look good but i ll reserve full judgment when they get finished

G00fyDad

It would have looked MUCH better if they would have had "vines" that angled off to the sides toward the larger rocks that were holding these. Instead it looks like a half painted telescoping rod.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom