AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

DAKAerial-7.jpg

if you zoom in you can see the arches on top of the mtn clearly
EDIT: im curious what those "lines" that are running on the ground below mtns and water feature

Maybe they are laying the ground work for the bioluminescent pathways that light up at night and also react (light up even brighter) when your feet step on them.

DisDan

dakaerial-6-jpg.134282

They should have a banshee animatronic rise up out of that opening on top of the floating mountain every so often.

Yea and have it fly around Avatar: The World of Pandora carrying a couple real Navi on their backs.... Do it Disney. Spare no expense.

HauntedMansionFLA

Awesome pictures. I thought I would be seeing the one floating mountain but I was surprised with the detail of the different pictures. Also, I'm pleased to see more and more likes with each updated pictures. What a massive project :) can someone tell me if those are prefab rockwork on the side of the road lined up?

doctornick

Maybe they are laying the ground work for the bioluminescent pathways that light up at night and also react (light up even brighter) when your feet step on them.

So, that is my question with these new photos. Is there an area that would be a "walking path" for exploring Pandora by foot? There was that brief video footage from Disney which showed a walkway which lit up as you walked. Now, such an are might be part of the queue for one of the rides, but I've been hopeful that we'll see separate walk through attraction. Such a thing would probably work best indoors/in the dark, so the idea of perhaps it there being a science lab where this stuff is being "studied" would certainly make sense and fit in with the background story of the land.

Also, there was the talk of entertainment (including a sign that said "drum" IIRC) in the land, I'm wondering if there might be a formal stage somewhere versus more streetmosphere -- I'd guess the latter.

How do these buildings match up with the D23 model? Is there anything else missing that was on the model?

mvieguy

Not entirely sure what building you are referring to as there are a few.. but if you are talking about the one in the middle background id think it'll be the giftshop :p

from what i am thinking, they are going to make it look like you are underground in a shop or something. probably will cover it with trees and brush

twebber55

And then there's this:
View attachment 134412
The arches and what I think is the start of one more floating mountain (grey/yellow thing). In the lower righthand corner, there is one more yellow piece (vine/root) waiting to be put in place.
This is the one I think it may be (thanks to Dateline Disneyland):
View attachment 134414
OBE
are we sure those mtns are not the grey metal on top left

twebber55

And then there's this:
View attachment 134412
The arches and what I think is the start of one more floating mountain (grey/yellow thing). In the lower righthand corner, there is one more yellow piece (vine/root) waiting to be put in place.
This is the one I think it may be (thanks to Dateline Disneyland):
View attachment 134414
OBE
also wondering if those rock pieces on the side of the road connect to the top of the Flight of Passage building

matt9112

Because the parks are bursting at the seems... MK needs about 3 more attractions with the capacity of Mermaid. They don't need to be E-tickets. DHS needs attractions to round it's roster and it's getting them. Epcot needs E-tickets. DAK needs attractions of any type and it's getting them.

I would argue epcots greater need is high capacity people eaters the few it has are all relics and don't ever utilize that capacity because nobody wants to ride them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom