AVATAR land construction progress

dreamscometrue

When the land is done, do you think Disney will put up trees or something so the view from the main entrance will be mostly blocked and the big 'reveal' will come by entering the land from inside the park? Or, will seeing towering mountains and waterfalls as you approach the main gate really get people excited and curious for what is in Pandora?

Daveeeeed

When the land is done, do you think Disney will put up trees or something so the view from the main entrance will be mostly blocked and the big 'reveal' will come by entering the land from inside the park? Or, will seeing towering mountains and waterfalls as you approach the main gate really get people excited and curious for what is in Pandora?
Personally I would prefer they leave it how it is now, so you can see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they added trees as the land's foliage isn't completed yet, so it is very likely that it might be covered, but I don't know exactly if it will be covered completly. You could look at the model I guess. It seems like they would leave it visible though, but who knows for sure.

Cesar R M

I dont think you can do much blocking... the tallest floating mountain/rock is still visible from the bus stop if I remember correctly. and those trees are taaaaaaaall....

djkidkaz

I think they will leave it. I was actually thinking about how it's really going to pull people to that side of the park rather than have them run to Everest and Safari. I would be surprised if they covered it up as you would want people to get peeks of it to build the excitement. I don't think it will ruin the grand reveal.

Marc Davis Fan

I think keeping it hidden from the entrance would make the land more impressive to guests via the reveal, HOWEVER, so many new guests wander aimlessly around the parks without maps that hiding it from the entrance might cause many to never walk over to it (just like many miss Dinosaur because the building is hidden and the carnival is more noticeable).

mikeh

First good look at the vine work that will hide the support structure.

Pandora_03212016-1-2.jpg

captainmoch

Maybe I've just seen the actual support structure for too long, and it'll probably look much better when the whole mountain is done, but is anyone else not convinced at all by the "vine" right now?

mikeh

Maybe I've just seen the actual support structure for too long, and it'll probably look much better when the whole mountain is done, but is anyone else not convinced at all by the "vine" right now?

I feel the same way. As the land isn't complete, I would assume the detailing here isn't 100% complete, either.

Also, this particular mountain is pretty far back on the ride building. It may not even be very visible from inside the land.

JoFu

I was noticing that as I looked at the photo. Some of the other photos showing incomplete coverage have a more natural swoop to them that make it look like vine hanging between two points, this one clearly looks like the vine is holding up the chunk of rock.

twebber55

i also think this one in particular will be seen from a distance and not so much a close up like the picture
IMO

orky8

Yeah. Hard to say from this one photo at this time, but it almost looks the effect would be more believable if there were more vines hanging, so it would be hard to tell what is a support vine vs not. But, I'm not going to judge yet.

flyerjab

One thing to keep in mind is the forced perspective nature of the floating mountains. I would expect the vines from this particular mountain to appear different than those lower down. I would imagine that they are trying to make the individual vines appear smaller in diameter as this particular mountain is supposed to be significantly higher than those beneath it. The overall effect is that this mountain is higher, as opposed to being significantly smaller than the others. That is my opinion though.

OldBlueEyes

To me there's something not right between the proportions of the size of the rock and the thicknes of the vine.
So to me the jury's still out. I think it'll look better further down (At least I hope :cyclops:)
OBE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom