AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

139? You do realize those numbers are just that, numbers. I don't think anyone really knows how many different disciplines there are anymore.

It's not that they can't fix it, but they have two problems time and money. Both are things that WDI has not been granted to do the job
he actually may know more about WDI than you think. why question

nepalostparks

Here's one of the images we took this past Saturday, June 27th:

Animal Kingdom - AVATAR Land - 031 Large.jpg

jt04

If this is the case I don't disagree but let's not forget they spent more on the Yeti than many parks spend on an entire attraction. So I'm sure the repair costs are also sky high... Still want it fixed though... :)

Don't forget that if they fix Yeti they would also have to reinstall the fastpass machines and singles queue as the ride would no longer be a walk-on.

Oh wait. Nevermind.

djkidkaz

Here is an interview with the Imagineer that was responsible for the rock work.

What I found interesting was those light up signs at the end of the queue were actually lit up which I've never seen them on and one of them actually changed to another sign / advertisement.

Bolt

What I found interesting was those light up signs at the end of the queue were actually lit up which I've never seen them on and one of them actually changed to another sign / advertisement.
It was a test - you now see those type of posters in the new GMR queue.

flyerjab

So, since the fervor over the imminent spending of billions has died down a little, I thought I would update with some photos I saw online of the recent work being done on the Hallelujah Mountains.

vCmplBA.jpg

byd6qnt.jpg

ut8Fw8l.jpg

I think that these really capture how ludicrous the shape of this feature is going to be. Not being associated with this type of construction, I assume the steel appendages coming out everywhere are for the future addition of the wire mesh and rock work that is yet to come. And there is a worker visible in the last photo that shows again how massive this is going to be. And also, it is clear that unless they are going to add some very tall vegetation at the front of the park, the mountains will be VERY visible when entering the queue lines. This thing is going to look both monstrous and wicked as it continues to grow, as I do not believe that this is the highest point.

Last edited:

180º

I don't doubt that the mountains could end up being slightly higher than what we see here, but I do doubt that they'll get too much higher. Any other large steel appendages would have probably been added earlier in construction. I'm no engineer, though.

What I really wish we could see are the bottoms of the structures and how these things sit in the ground.

flyerjab

I don't doubt that the mountains could end up being slightly higher than what we see here, but I do doubt that they'll get too much higher. Any other large steel appendages would have probably been added earlier in construction. I'm no engineer, though.

What I really wish we could see are the bottoms of the structures and how these things sit in the ground.

@twebber55, what do you think? Is this at its highest point? I thought that it was still going to be higher. If compared to the released concept art of the floating mountain model, I don't think that this is the highest point. The next mountain to the right (yet to be built) should be higher…I think.

twebber55

@twebber55, what do you think? Is this at its highest point? I thought that it was still going to be higher. If compared to the released concept art of the floating mountain model, I don't think that this is the highest point. The next mountain to the right (yet to be built) should be higher…I think.
YES!
go back and look at the 37 second video, the mtns to the right of the mtn that we can see are taller..im guessing what we see is about 100 ft and the tallest peaks are around 140 (which @danlb_2000 guessed)
the tallest part wont have a foundation they will be off the ground

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom