AVATAR land construction progress

ABQ

YES!
go back and look at the 37 second video, the mtns to the right of the mtn that we can see are taller..im guessing what we see is about 100 ft and the tallest peaks are around 140 (which @danlb_2000 guessed)
the tallest part wont have a foundation they will be off the ground
Same rules of 199 foot limit still apply today before you have to install a blinking light for the FAA atop a structure?

flyerjab

YES!
go back and look at the 37 second video, the mtns to the right of the mtn that we can see are taller..im guessing what we see is about 100 ft and the tallest peaks are around 140 (which @danlb_2000 guessed)
the tallest part wont have a foundation they will be off the ground

Thanks for corroborating on that. I knew you were the one who could verify that for me.

@articos replied to me one time that the mountains are going to be i m p r e s s i v e when completed. As you see them continue to rise up, it isn't hard to see how accurate a statement that is. Since this has been referred to as a show piece, I simply continue to pray that we are already within the 2 year mark. I can't wait until this time next year to see what this looks like. Maybe we will actually have some overhead photos by then. :D

EPCOTCenterLover

Thanks for corroborating on that. I knew you were the one who could verify that for me.

@articos replied to me one time that the mountains are going to be i m p r e s s i v e when completed. As you see them continue to rise up, it isn't hard to see how accurate a statement that is. Since this has been referred to as a show piece, I simply continue to pray that we are already within the 2 year mark. I can't wait until this time next year to see what this looks like. Maybe we will actually have some overhead photos by then. :D
Let's hope the content of the land is just as impressive!

Tom

Beta Return
So, since the fervor over the imminent spending of billions has died down a little, I thought I would update with some photos I saw online of the recent work being done on the Hallelujah Mountains.

View attachment 99199

View attachment 99200

View attachment 99201

I think that these really capture how ludicrous the shape of this feature is going to be. Not being associated with this type of construction, I assume the steel appendages coming out everywhere are for the future addition of the wire mesh and rock work that is yet to come. And there is a worker visible in the last photo that shows again how massive this is going to be. And also, it is clear that unless they are going to add some very tall vegetation at the front of the park, the mountains will be VERY visible when entering the queue lines. This thing is going to look both monstrous and wicked as it continues go grow, as I do not believe that this is the highest point.

wow

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So, since the fervor over the imminent spending of billions has died down a little, I thought I would update with some photos I saw online of the recent work being done on the Hallelujah Mountains.

View attachment 99199

View attachment 99200

View attachment 99201

I think that these really capture how ludicrous the shape of this feature is going to be. Not being associated with this type of construction, I assume the steel appendages coming out everywhere are for the future addition of the wire mesh and rock work that is yet to come. And there is a worker visible in the last photo that shows again how massive this is going to be. And also, it is clear that unless they are going to add some very tall vegetation at the front of the park, the mountains will be VERY visible when entering the queue lines. This thing is going to look both monstrous and wicked as it continues go grow, as I do not believe that this is the highest point.

Interesting all the stairs and catwalks inside the structure. Yes, it will be visible from other areas but since it will just look like rocks I don't think it will look out of place.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
@twebber55, what do you think? Is this at its highest point? I thought that it was still going to be higher. If compared to the released concept art of the floating mountain model, I don't think that this is the highest point. The next mountain to the right (yet to be built) should be higher…I think.

I think this structure is as tall as it's going to get. If it was going higher I think they would have added the structural steel for that by now. With that said,I am assuming the Banshee ride show building will also get hidden by rock work that will probably go even higher then this structure.

HauntedMansionFLA

View attachment 99199

View attachment 99200

View attachment 99201

Hey, thanks for posting these pictures. It makes me smile ear to ear at all of the good things going on at DAK. Just think of what this park will look like at night time! Everest, Kali Rapids, Kilimanjaro, tree of life all lite up
Tree of Life, Everest and now this. Quite the skyline. :geek:
plus, the night time show, safaris, Kali Rapids will take on a different feel and DinoLand will feel fit in even better. Man, you got to love what's going on at DAK.

Tom

Beta Return
Imagine the blueprints!

I don't have to.

Interesting all the stairs and catwalks inside the structure. Yes, it will be visible from other areas but since it will just look like rocks I don't think it will look out of place.

Yeah, I noticed them too (the stairs and walks). Interesting how they build in that level of access for something like that, unless it will be needed to adjust special effects or lighting hidden up in the structure (which is likely).

Of course, I was shocked at all the stairs and platforms hidden up inside the hat too.

Hey, thanks for posting these pictures. It makes me smile ear to ear at all of the good things going on at DAK. Just think of what this park will look like at night time! Everest, Kali Rapids, Kilimanjaro, tree of life all lite up

plus, the night time show, safaris, Kali Rapids will take on a different feel and DinoLand will feel fit in even better. Man, you got to love what's going on at DAK.

The park is going to go from "beautiful" at night, to "incredible" at night.

flyerjab

I'm wondering why the stairs and catwalks also? Maybe they will have some sort of heavy misting system to help hide the fact the mountains aren't floating? To which you would need access to that system.

If you look at the concept art, the one mountain should have some type of water feature. I was thinking that, along with possible lighting effects, might be why there are stairs going up that far.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't have to.

Yeah, I noticed them too (the stairs and walks). Interesting how they build in that level of access for something like that, unless it will be needed to adjust special effects or lighting hidden up in the structure (which is likely).

Of course, I was shocked at all the stairs and platforms hidden up inside the hat too.

The park is going to go from "beautiful" at night, to "incredible" at night.

The stairs in the hat made sense since there was AC equipment in there, which I don't see any reason to have in this structure.

Scor1pion

The stairs could be there simply to help aid in construction and future inspection of the structure after say storms or something blow through. Gotta figure, these mountains are going to be huge wind catchers, that will weigh thousands of pounds that guests will be in close proximity to. I would think and hope that they would periodically check the structural integrity of these things once built.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
this part

DSC1256.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom