AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1657431_orig.jpg
more photos at http://www.parkjourney.com/9/post/2014/04/disneys-animal-kingdom-update-avatar-and-lion-king.html

Wonder exactly where these were taken from. Definitly looks like it was taken from backstage.

jt04

I don't think we can say either way if a lot of the talk of problems during development were wrong or not. We know the outcome, but nothing about what happened in between, unless someone writes a tell-all book some day. Personally I see no way you put Rohde, Cameron and Disney Management on a project and have it progress smoothly from point A to point B.

Yes and I think this is how the 'Cameron is difficult' meme got started. I think he is likely demanding and exacting and that he drives people because he pushes the envelop. Same could be said of Walt Disney and many other great achievers. Such an attitude will always create some resentment in those who don't buy into the program. Nothing new under the sun.

MOXOMUMD

Yes and I think this is how the 'Cameron is difficult' meme got started. I think he is likely demanding and exacting and that he drives people because he pushes the envelope. Same could be said of Walt Disney and many other great achievers. Such an attitude will always create some resentment in those who don't buy into the program. Nothing new under the sun.
The same could be said of many US founding fathers. Let hope it doesn't feel like 200+ years to get Avatarland open. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yes and I think this is how the 'Cameron is difficult' meme got started. I think he is likely demanding and exacting and that he drives people because he pushes the envelop. Same could be said of Walt Disney and many other great achievers. Such an attitude will always create some resentment in those who don't buy into the program. Nothing new under the sun.

No, the Cameron is difficult meme got started because Cameron is difficult to work with. You can find numerous interviews with actors and production people that say this. Even Cameron admit he is hard to work with. You are right, in the end this can lead to great results, but that doesn't change the fact that it makes it hard to get there sometimes. I would actually be worried if there wasn't some conflict in the development process for Avatarland, that would lead me to believe that Cameron just didn't care.

jt04

No, the Cameron is difficult meme got started because Cameron is difficult to work with. You can find numerous interviews with actors and production people that say this. Even Cameron admit he is hard to work with. You are right, in the end this can lead to great results, but that doesn't change the fact that it makes it hard to get there sometimes. I would actually be worried if there wasn't some conflict in the development process for Avatarland, that would lead me to believe that Cameron just didn't care.

Strange how some choose to work for him in numerous projects. Maybe he is just trying to scare off the less enthusiastic.

roj2323

I was a DAK today and you could clearly hear tracked equipment (bulldozers, graders exc.) moving around from the main entrance. I also took a look at the old pathway to FOTLK and all I could see that they did was add another 4 ft section of wall to either side of the construction wall and moved the smoking area in front of it.

Atomicmickey

It's really nice to actually see SOMETHING. Equipment and piles of dirt make me happy, lol.

And you know what the BEST PART about construction photos and progress is?

It will SOMEWHAT, but not entirely, quell talk of whether Avatar is a good fit for Disney parks, or if it is a good film or not. Really. Once we have something tangible to discuss, I think those discussions will move to the margins. They will never go away, even after the thing has been opened. But we'll have construction progress to track, and that's a whole lot more fun than rehashing the rehash.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom