AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
thanks @danlb_2000
bringing your A game tonight
so we do think the morpho mock work will be done in the back of the park or at AKL?

Back of the park. The area by AKL is just a trailer compound. New trailer might be for imagineering since they will start to have more of a presence on the site as we start to get into the detail phase.

[Edit]: @Tom, great minds think alike. :)

Tom

Beta Return
The one I find most intriguing is the permit for the queue construction completion package.

My theory is that the plans for the "queue" part of the E-Ticket building, which also wholly or partially houses the C-Ticket, were being modified while the E-Ticket plans were complete and out for bid.

So, they started with the parts that were designed, and Phased the project. Now they're ready to build that portion of the building.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member

EdC

@Tom and @danlb_2000 won the thread for tonight.

When comparing Google Maps and the mid-December nearmap maps you can also see that quite a bit of dirt from between Conservation Way and E Savannah has been moved along the shoreline where Rivers of Light will be. I'm wondering how much back of the park work we're thus far associating with Avatar is actually for the other project.

Tom

Beta Return
@Tom and @danlb_2000 won the thread for tonight.

When comparing Google Maps and the mid-December nearmap maps you can also see that quite a bit of dirt from between Conservation Way and E Savannah has been moved along the shoreline where Rivers of Light will be. I'm wondering how much back of the park work we're thus far associating with Avatar is actually for the other project.

Good point. It's likely being used for both. It's certainly feasible that they're using that area as staging for the water show work.

HauntedMansionFLA

It
My theory is that the plans for the "queue" part of the E-Ticket building, which also wholly or partially houses the C-Ticket, were being modified while the E-Ticket plans were complete and out for bid.

So, they started with the parts that were designed, and Phased the project. Now they're ready to build that portion of the building.
It will be interesting to see the progress in the next few months. Hopefully there will be some aerial photos to show us how things are shaping up.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Jim Hill article claims we actually will board an Animatronic Banshee. THAT
would be cool, not sure how to get tons of people doing that, though. Fun
to fantasize about, even if I doubt it.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...theme-park.aspx#sthash.pcFDLD4D.5mHg8fr2.dpbs

Yeah, that came from a quote from Iger when he got to preview the attraction last year:

“It felt so real, so lifelike,” Iger said of the prototype vehicle guests will board to travel through the fictional land. “There’s never been anything like it.”

The article in Variety then goes on to say....

"The vessels that guests will ride upon will essentially be the banshees themselves, with bodies that move to mimic a breathing beast. The flying sequences will be brought to life through large video screens — similar to “Soarin'” — with vehicles moving with the 3D action inside a massive theater."

I have no idea how they will actually pull this off, which makes me really hope that they find a way, because that is what I have come to expect from Disney Imagineering, provide an experience I never could have imagined.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yeah, that came from a quote from Iger when he got to preview the attraction last year:

“It felt so real, so lifelike,” Iger said of the prototype vehicle guests will board to travel through the fictional land. “There’s never been anything like it.”

The article in Variety then goes on to say....

"The vessels that guests will ride upon will essentially be the banshees themselves, with bodies that move to mimic a breathing beast. The flying sequences will be brought to life through large video screens — similar to “Soarin'” — with vehicles moving with the 3D action inside a massive theater."

I have no idea how they will actually pull this off, which makes me really hope that they find a way, because that is what I have come to expect from Disney Imagineering, provide an experience I never could have imagined.
Well said, I hope they pull it off too.

P_Radden

I fully agree. IMO Imagineering should have an unlimited budget and master oversight of all Disney Parks within realistic means. People would go nuts. The public couldn't pay fast enough to stay up with everything. We all would be constantly be returning to WDW and dying to visit the other parks. Essentially, Imagineering would be constantly building, refurbishing, and maintaining the parks to a point they would be in competition with each other for the most awesome attractions/theming/experience. Screw the competition. Take Imagineering + ILM (if they can) and blow Disney Parks and Resorts out of the galaxy with new tech and mind blowing experiences.

doctornick

I really think the mechanical banshee is going to be a row of bench seats.

I still think that the easiest way to work it is to have a bench of guests carried as a gondola below the banshee (you can even have a Na'vi AA "piloting" the banshee). That would fit better than have multiple riders on top of each banshee; and having each guest have their own banshee would seem to take up a lot of space and thus negatively impact capacity.

RSoxNo1

I still think that the easiest way to work it is to have a bench of guests carried as a gondola below the banshee (you can even have a Na'vi AA "piloting" the banshee). That would fit better than have multiple riders on top of each banshee; and having each guest have their own banshee would seem to take up a lot of space and thus negatively impact capacity.
Yeah, that's very likely. It very well could be explained like this in the queue/pre-show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom