AVATAR land construction progress

space42

I really think the mechanical banshee is going to be a row of bench seats.

I imagine something like the decoration on the Dueling Dragon cars.
dragon_blue.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Namely, to get the riders from those two theaters, while the rear two theaters require the upper level riders to descend stairs to exit. Correct?

Yeah, that sounds about right. I don't think there is any access other than stairs to the 3rd ride floor.

The problem is if the steel structure is exposed like in Soarin' it's not going to look that good. Perhaps at the load area it will be made to look like we're boarding a Banshee, but then when the ride lifts into place that goes away?

That seems reasonable and realistic. I assume the gondolas will have a canopy of sorts, like Soarin, so you won't really be able to see upward during the show. And that canopy may be "themed" to look like the underside of a banshee, or whatever.

I imagine something like the decoration on the Dueling Dragon cars.
dragon_blue.jpg

Hopefully not as cheap, but yeah, that's what I'm imagining.

Steel City Magic

I do not consider the Dueling Dragon/Dragon Challenge Coasters to be themed.

Ditto :banghead:
View attachment 88116
Universal, tear down this coaster (for the Forbidden Forest)!!!!!!!!!

@Mike S
Really?! I'm sorry, but besides spiderman, before the whole harry potter hullabaloo, dueling dragons is THE best ride in that park. The ride que is themed incredibly well snaking though a castle, the racing dragons coming within inches of each others feet, amazing ride. Keep it 100% as is! The only other rides you shouldn't touch is jaws, ET, kong and JP. Staples of that park! Ps, my mom almost died on hulk and I on doom, seatbelts not buckeled in time... CMs take better caution... also that talking fountain is worth a laugh, and poseidons adventure is thoroughly entertaining.

ThemeParkTraveller

@Mike S
Really?! I'm sorry, but besides spiderman, before the whole harry potter hullabaloo, dueling dragons is THE best ride in that park. The ride que is themed incredibly well snaking though a castle, the racing dragons coming within inches of each others feet, amazing ride. Keep it 100% as is! The only other rides you shouldn't touch is jaws, ET, kong and JP. Staples of that park! Ps, my mom almost died on hulk and I on doom, seatbelts not buckeled in time... CMs take better caution... also that talking fountain is worth a laugh, and poseidons adventure is thoroughly entertaining.

Dueling Dragons had a magnificent queue before they Potterized it. It was probably my favorite ride at IoA pre-Potter and when the two "dragons" were still dueling.

Rob562

@Mike S

May have missed your attempt at sarcasm but...Ummm... You realize Jaws has been gone for a couple years and Kong has been gone for like 10 years, right?

And FYI, the seatbelts on both Hulk and Fearfall are there strictly as backups in the highly-unlikely event that something broke/released in the shoulder restraint. Anything that can be unlatched by the Guest mid-ride will *not* be the primary source of restraint on any modern ride.

-Rob

matt9112

May have missed your attempt at sarcasm but...Ummm... You realize Jaws has been gone for a couple years and Kong has been gone for like 10 years, right?

And FYI, the seatbelts on both Hulk and Fearfall are there strictly as backups in the highly-unlikely event that something broke/released in the shoulder restraint. Anything that can be unlatched by the Guest mid-ride will *not* be the primary source of restraint on any modern ride.

-Rob

random question rob....on the rides where the restraints lock down and "click" and there are no belts i always think if they release im going to die....can those things ever truely open?

Rob562

random question rob....on the rides where the restraints lock down and "click" and there are no belts i always think if they release im going to die....can those things ever truely open?

Well the short answer is "nothing in the world can ever possibly be entirely, 100% totally unable to fail".
Most restraints have either multiple mechanical systems inside or the restraint system is designed that there really isn't a way for it to fail.
All restraint systems are designed so that they can only be opened in the station, or manually by a CM standing outside the train in the case of having to unload the train during an evac.

-Rob

roj2323

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom