AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is the rumor that well get a fixed yeti after avatar is finished still being considered?

@marni1971 has stated that the ride does not need to be shut down to repair the Yeti. If that is the case I don't see the opening of Avatar changing anything. If they do need to shut it down, then they would be better doing it in the months leading up to the opening of Avatar since Avatar could draw a lot more people into the park so you would want to be running at full capacity.

Mike S

@marni1971 has stated that the ride does not need to be shut down to repair the Yeti. If that is the case I don't see the opening of Avatar changing anything. If they do need to shut it down, then they would be better doing it in the months leading up to the opening of Avatar since Avatar could draw a lot more people into the park so you would want to be running at full capacity.
#MakeTheYetiGreatAgain

KingOfEpicocity

That makes sense. On the other hand, the park would have a larger capacity with the avatar rides.

RSoxNo1

i know this might be considered off topic, but on Expedition Everest when you go backwards through the mountain in the dark, has anyone ever looked down and to the left and noticed that you can see lights and steel gurters inside the mountain? And it scared the crap out of you and thought the mountain was coming apart?
It's poor show that could be fixed with some of the tarps on the Spaceship Earth descent.

OldBlueEyes

Berm is getting higher:
BioReconstruct 2016-09-11.1.jpg

Thanx to Bioreconstruct.
OBE

admiral-ari-x

Berm is getting higher:
View attachment 160747
Thanx to Bioreconstruct.
OBE
I'm going to assume the berm is for a bit of disguise so you can't see some of the land from the buses? Either way, progress is going mighty quick on it!
And about me saying ride testing, happened a while ago I know, but someone said it before I did, I went off their word. I don't know if it was truly official news.

djkidkaz

@Magic Feather seems to be in the know on these projects. Any idea about an Everest refurb or the Yeti?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
disneyatwork.com has some new shots

Some interesting angles from (what seems like) inside the area and/or at least from backstage areas... it's further along than I expected... I dunno, I said it before and I'll say it again... it just feels like it's gatta be getting close(ish)... Earth Day 2017 seems a lot more possible now that it did a month or two ago... (though again, maybe it's just wishful thinking)

twebber55

Some interesting angles from (what seems like) inside the area and/or at least from backstage areas... it's further along than I expected... I dunno, I said it before and I'll say it again... it just feels like it's gatta be getting close(ish)... Earth Day 2017 seems a lot more possible now that it did a month or two ago... (though again, maybe it's just wishful thinking)
yeah its interesting...certainly installing signs is a good 'sign"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom