AVATAR land construction progress

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
You people are acting crazy. Massive TDS fan here, it is truly glorious in its execution, but Disneyland still takes the edge all around. You can't just judge on looks alone. What it lacks in grandness it makes up for in history, nostalgia and content. TDS, like AK, is still in its infancy and prime for expansion. DL had a 45 year head start.

I guess a bit of quantity versus quality at play, but DL just offers so much quantity and *most* of it at such high quality that it's hard to give TDS the win for having less that half the number of attractions.

Well said, as always. The original has yet to be supplanted. I hope that it never is.

*1023*

Mike S

Well said, as always. The original has yet to be supplanted. I hope that it never is.

*1023*
I hope that it is actually. Can you imagine a brand new modern park that's as packed as Disneyland is? :jawdrop:

I don't think it would ever happen though. I think companies would rather spread attractions over multiple parks for ticket sale purposes rather than pack so much into one park which is kind of sad for us. Let's not forget replacing over expanding.
Cinderella's castle though... :3
A park that has ample capacity and is still mostly expanding over replacing though... :3

Anyway, back to Avatar. I can't wait to see the progress for myself in November :)

A foolish mortal

I was wondering about those. There doesn't seem to be a "natural" water flow point (or "erosion line") in the rocks. Where will the waterfall flow from? I know they will pump the water out of the top but shouldn't it have a channel of some sort to spill over the side and give the waterfall a cleaner look rather than just flow over the side and go everywhere?
I think it will be coming out from a lower point (as seen on the model and concept arts) that we can't see just yet because of the vegetation and dirt. Probably a bit different angle too.
Skjermbilde 2016-09-07 kl. 19.09.00.png
Skjermbilde 2016-09-07 kl. 19.07.45.png
Skjermbilde 2016-09-07 kl. 19.07.48.png
Skjermbilde 2016-09-07 kl. 19.07.52.png
Skjermbilde 2016-09-07 kl. 19.09.52.png

OldBlueEyes

I was wondering about those. There doesn't seem to be a "natural" water flow point (or "erosion line") in the rocks. Where will the waterfall flow from? I know they will pump the water out of the top but shouldn't it have a channel of some sort to spill over the side and give the waterfall a cleaner look rather than just flow over the side and go everywhere?
If one looks closely on the model-pic, I believe it starts near the top:

Maybe this is where it'll start:
Waterfall Midway Mayhem.jpg
OBE

Last edited:

rioriz

Water...water in this land will be very different than used in the past. Don't expect it to just sit still and look pretty....Off the Mountains...the spray effect will be controlled and the pool will be contained. Think Carsland Falls. Fast suctioning and Cycling will give off a great visual illusion. Best example I can give in some parts is to turn of the lights in your kitchen, hold your phone to the faucet, and turn the spout. If you have a Bio-luminescent Light App you are half way to Pandora

Some water flows, as does from the Africa Entrance...some water smokes or pops as does from the main entrance...some whirlpools or cascades as by the FoP entrance!

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I think it will be coming out from a lower point (as seen on the model and concept arts) that we can't see just yet because of the vegetation and dirt. Probably a bit different angle too.
View attachment 159885 View attachment 159881 View attachment 159882 View attachment 159883 View attachment 159884

Thanks. I believe that when I first saw these photos I assumed that was more vines or something else. It just didn't click for me that they were waterfalls. :D

Mike S

Water...water in this land will be very different than used in the past. Don't expect it to just sit still and look pretty....Off the Mountains...the spray effect will be controlled and the pool will be contained. Think Carsland Falls. Fast suctioning and Cycling will give off a great visual illusion.

Some water flows, as does from the Africa Entrance...some water smokes or pops as does from the main entrance...some whirlpools or cascades as by the FoP entrance!
That's all nice and dandy, but will it glow? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom