AVATAR land construction progress

brb1006

Water...water in this land will be very different than used in the past. Don't expect it to just sit still and look pretty....Off the Mountains...the spray effect will be controlled and the pool will be contained. Think Carsland Falls. Fast suctioning and Cycling will give off a great visual illusion. Best example I can give in some parts is to turn of the lights in your kitchen, hold your phone to the faucet, and turn the spout. If you have a Bio-luminescent Light App you are half way to Pandora

Some water flows, as does from the Africa Entrance...some water smokes or pops as does from the main entrance...some whirlpools or cascades as by the FoP entrance!
I suddenly need to see the video of the Carsland waterfall.

brb1006

N
cars_waterfall.jpg

wpid-Photo-Jun-14-2012-831-PM4.jpg

Now what doesnt make sense is why is there a massive water fall in the Desert? O_O
Now that I think about it, I'm actually curious to see the waterfall in action when Pandora opens. Come on James Cameron and Disney are working together to recreate this new land.

RSoxNo1

Hahaha. As long as DinoLand exists and WDW's most ambitious AA ever is a failure, AK isn't even the best park at WDW, let alone 2nd best Disney park around the world.
Dinorama is an eyesore. But Dinoland itself has solid elements. There are elements of DAK that are at Disney Sea's level of theming and there are already more of those elements in DAK than in any other stateside park. Adding Pandora further strengthens those elements.

Having said that, Disney Sea is truly an amazing park. Everything fits together but I fear for the park's future because it's facing a similar future as Epcot (a lot of character infusion).

Mike S

Why? Disney's Animal Kingdom is the best themed park in the country. Africa and Asia are at the Disney Sea level of theming. There's just more at Disney Sea. From an epic attraction standpoint though, I'd take Kilimanjaro Safaris over anything at Disney Sea.
For theming alone yes they're comparable but the bolded is just it. DisneySea has more to do in addition to the theming.

I love KS too btw :)
Dinorama is an eyesore. But Dinoland itself has solid elements. There are elements of DAK that are at Disney Sea's level of theming and there are already more of those elements in DAK than in any other stateside park. Adding Pandora further strengthens those elements.

Having said that, Disney Sea is truly an amazing park. Everything fits together but I fear for the park's future because it's facing a similar future as Epcot (a lot of character infusion).
DisneySea has had characters from the get go. The only head scratcher for me is Nemo. Frozen seems like a very natural fit, to me anyway, especially since the icy port of Glacier Bay was orginally supposed to be in the park and I think was supposed to have Scandinavian touches too. Sounds vaguely similar to the Avatar/Beastly Kingdom situation over at Animal Kingdom, no? ;)

EPCOT Center was mostly themed after the real world. DisneySea has always dealt heavily in fantasy.

RSoxNo1

For theming alone yes they're comparable but the bolded is just it. DisneySea has more to do in addition to the theming.

I love KS too btw :)

DisneySea has had characters from the get go. The only head scratcher for me is Nemo. Frozen seems like a very natural fit, to me anyway, especially since the icy port of Glacier Bay was orginally supposed to be in the park and I think was supposed to have Scandinavian touches too. Sounds vaguely similar to the Avatar/Beastly Kingdom situation over at Animal Kingdom, no? ;)

EPCOT Center was mostly themed after the real world. DisneySea has always dealt heavily in fantasy.
The characters were always isolated. Toy Story, while in an isolated area is a weak thematic tie. Nemo seems like a stretch, as does the transition between the Nemo area and the Indy area that will be made with Frozen. I'm nervous, that's all. The park is amazing and I don't want to see what's happening to Epcot happen to TDS.

Marty Rotondo

i know this might be considered off topic, but on Expedition Everest when you go backwards through the mountain in the dark, has anyone ever looked down and to the left and noticed that you can see lights and steel gurters inside the mountain? And it scared the crap out of you and thought the mountain was coming apart?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
i know this might be considered off topic, but on Expedition Everest when you go backwards through the mountain in the dark, has anyone ever looked down and to the left and noticed that you can see lights and steel gurters inside the mountain? And it scared the crap out of you and thought the mountain was coming apart?

Yep. People complain about that all the time around here. Well. Not at the time. But sometimes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I see nothing but the backs of my eyelids;). I scream like a little girl too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom