AVATAR land construction progress

Mike S

Holy Potato. This will probably make Animal Kingdom second to Tokyo Disney Sea as the best theme park on Earth! Sadly Epcot isn't there.
Almost. It needs more additions after Avatar and then finally a fix for Dinoland. Disneyland will actually be getting closer because of the additions it'll be getting but they would still need to fix Tomorrowland.

Prototype82

Almost. It needs more additions after Avatar and then finally a fix for Dinoland. Disneyland will actually be getting closer because of the additions it'll be getting but they would still need to fix Tomorrowland.
Animal Kingdom is quality over quantity for me... Harambe and Anandapur are immersive and full of live entertainment. It's massive, has unique original attractions (some of which are finally getting love and are in need of love)...It's full of vistas and trails and a theme the hasn't gotten muddied or lost, which is rare for a theme park. It is a very unique and emotionally wow-ing park, even without a million rides.

Daveeeeed

Yeah it definitely needs it. Dinoland obviously needs it first. Disneyland has so many attractions, but even with Star Wars Land it just feels absurdly outdated. Tokyo Disneyland Park will still be superior once Beauty opens, so maybe Tokyo #1 & #2 and then Ak :)

Mike S

Yeah it definitely needs it. Dinoland obviously needs it first. Disneyland has so many attractions, but even with Star Wars Land it just feels absurdly outdated. Tokyo Disneyland Park will still be superior once Beauty opens, so maybe Tokyo #1 & #2 and then Ak :)
tumblr_inline_o7occvlcDU1qbgcyi_500.gif

Have you been there?

PorterRedkey

Holy Potato. This will probably make Animal Kingdom second to Tokyo Disney Sea as the best theme park on Earth! Sadly Epcot isn't there.
Maybe, but TDS is a complete park that is only getting better.

While AK is my favorite park because of the complete immersion in the theme of animals, nature and the environment, AK could still use a family dark ride and some other attractions. Avatarland and RoL (when it premieres) will add a lot to the park, but TDS hasn't been waiting since 2006 to build a new attraction. AK has some catching up to do and I am looking forward to that. It seems like AK is the only park that hasn't thrown the concept of theme into the wind.

Mike S

While AK is my favorite park because of the complete immersion in the theme of animals, nature and the environment, AK could still use a family dark ride and some other attractions. Avatarland and RoL (when it premieres) will add a lot to the park, but TDS hasn't been waiting since 2006 to build a new attraction. AK has some catching up to do and I am looking forward to that. It seems like AK is the only park that hasn't thrown the concept of theme into the wind.
Actually, it kind of has except for TSMM opening in 2012 and an Aladdin spinner in 2011. The difference of course being that TDS already had plenty to do from opening day of the park.

PorterRedkey

Actually, it kind of has except for TSMM opening in 2012 and an Aladdin spinner in 2011. The difference of course being that TDS already had plenty to do from opening day of the park.

You are right as usual Mike. But let's look at both of those additions. I love the facade for their TSMM attraction and for the Aladdin spinner they added a well-themed viewing area as well - much better than plopping it in the middle of Adventureland.

As you know they are also in the process of retheming Storm Rider to Dory and the Marine Institute and adding Soarin' Over the World. In the future, a real Frozen ride will be built.

I just wish I saw more on the plate for AK after Pandora is built.

Daveeeeed

tumblr_inline_o7occvlcDU1qbgcyi_500.gif

Have you been there?
Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Fantasyland. It suffers the same issue as MK. DL has better facades than MK, but the rest still feels empty. In Disneyland Paris every land feels up to date, and with the exception of Tomorrowland for Tokyo.

Last edited:

po1998

Hahaha. As long as DinoLand exists and WDW's most ambitious AA ever is a failure, AK isn't even the best park at WDW, let alone 2nd best Disney park around the world.

Daveeeeed

I think comparing it to Tokyo Disneysea is a bit of a stretch.
Every theme park in the world is a huge step down from Tokyo Disney Sea. Now that I think about what I said I guess I am actually giving AK too much praise. Disneyland Paris Park is still better, Epcot is iffy, original oh yeah, but as it is not really. So I kind of failed, but it's still one of Disney's best parks.

Daveeeeed

Hahaha. As long as DinoLand exists and WDW's most ambitious AA ever is a failure, AK isn't even the best park at WDW, let alone 2nd best Disney park around the world.
True haha, I think I was getting a bit too excited for it. In the long run I think it has the ability to be 3rd or fourth, but post Avatar there isn't enough quantity of theming, and definitely EE needs an update, and dinoland needs a complete overhaul. The quality though it incredible of what they currently have and are soon to have with Pandora, I just hope that they can do the same to Dinoland.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Never said it wasn't. If Tokyo Disney Sea now is a 95 of 100 the closest thing would be an 80. I feel like AK in the long run will be one of the best theme parks in the world besides both Tokyo Disney Sea parks and possibly Epcot in the future. So needs Dinoland, ee, and truly another ride too to be incredible. So I may of given it too much praise, but it has the potential to be mind blowing.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

DL is also getting a proper Frozen land instead of being thrown into an area like it was over at EPCOT.

BrianLo

You people are acting crazy. Massive TDS fan here, it is truly glorious in its execution, but Disneyland still takes the edge all around. You can't just judge on looks alone. What it lacks in grandness it makes up for in history, nostalgia and content. TDS, like AK, is still in its infancy and prime for expansion. DL had a 45 year head start.

I guess a bit of quantity versus quality at play, but DL just offers so much quantity and *most* of it at such high quality that it's hard to give TDS the win for having less that half the number of attractions.

Mike S

You people are acting crazy. Massive TDS fan here, it is truly glorious in its execution, but Disneyland still takes the edge all around. You can't just judge on looks alone. What it lacks in grandness it makes up for in history, nostalgia and content. TDS, like AK, is still in its infancy and prime for expansion. DL had a 45 year head start.

I guess a bit of quantity versus quality at play, but DL just offers so much quantity and *most* of it at such high quality that it's hard to give TDS the win for having less that half the number of attractions.
I loved the "non-grand" and relaxed feel of Disneyland and can't wait to go back next summer. As you know that's part of the reason why I oppose SWL there even though it'll be great otherwise. After that and Frozen, I think it'll be no contest as to what is my favorite park even if Magic Kingdom would still win my nostalgia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom