AVATAR land construction progress

Flippin'Flounder

Do we know around when this is opening? I know I heard Fall 2017, but just making sure nothing's changed, as we originally though winter, and I'll be there in March.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 3. Part of the tree line between the theme park and the first row of the Animal Kingdom bus terminal has been removed. While I hate to see these trees go, I'm sure it will get replaced. The original earth berm is fully visible now. Perhaps this is in preparation for moving the berm slightly or the bus lane widened.

IMG_8293.JPG

The original earth berm is fully visible now above the fence.

IMG_8296.JPG

The view into Avatarland now, as you are awaiting Disney bus transportation.

IMG_8295.JPG

OldBlueEyes

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 3. Part of the tree line between the theme park and the first row of the Animal Kingdom bus terminal has been removed. While I hate to see these trees go, I'm sure it will get replaced. The original earth berm is fully visible now. Perhaps this is in preparation for moving the berm slightly or the bus lane widened.

View attachment 159094

The original earth berm is fully visible now above the fence.

View attachment 159095

The view into Avatarland now, as you are awaiting Disney bus transportation.

View attachment 159096
Wow, even more trees has been chopped, than I thought!
OBE

Daveeeeed

Ohhh tell it how it is :3
the only issue i have with Diagon alley is it's too small, but it's super compact and filled with stunning details. It just feels like Universal's parks aren't thought out. In Islands of Adventure a lot of the islands feel outdated and then you get to Hogsmeade and HOLY it's immersive. and then in Universal Studios Florida it has the issue with too many simulators or screens. It just feels like the rest of the Universal parks are a step below the harry potter lands.
Yeah definitely, IOA has a much better balance, but for sure the only incredible theming is Harry Potter. If they redo Jurassic Park that can do a lot for the entire resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom