AVATAR land construction progress

TyTrap

Testing has started awhile back....now if you are talking full run throughs with everything set and working testing then no...
so they are waiting to finish the outside before going into the show buildings and doing set decoration/animatronics/ex. I'm starting to doubt this will open in 2017 /:

HauntedMansionFLA

I wonder how much more information will be divulged at the Destination D23 event. An opening date could be one of those things.
With Cameron there and the spotlight on him, I assume we will be getting a lot more details on the land and attractions. Plus, it would be cool if they have a video on them walking though the land giving us an idea on how massive this is going to be and pointing out what are some of the other attraction coming soon to DAK.

Mike S

Look at the lights in it, looks like a sparkly cone snail.
Imagine how crazy it'll get here if those lights turn on one night.
http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Baja_Tickler
So having this by the entrance makes a lot more sense when I read this. These plants detoxify the atmosphere. Perhaps we are in an area where these are prevalent and so that is why we don't need breathing masks.
Doesn't say anything about detoxifying it to make it safe for humans though. Just talks about volcanic gases. Sounds like it's more detoxifying for the local life forms which would make sense. We're the ones where the regular atmosphere is toxic.

doctornick

It's not a big deal when it's not a disruption to the rest of the park like Avatar, but it is an issue if it's replacing something, or has a big impact on the park itself. DHS eliminated a couple attractions for SWL and TSL, so every day it takes to build them is a day the park has to operate below it's original capacity.

I'll just add this as well regarding construction timelines: a big issue with WDW is we are all starved for new content. So there is a lot of scrutiny placed on anything new (with Pandora in particular given how long ago it was announced) because we need something to "look forward to".

The good news about that is that significant new stuff is expected to open in upcoming years, so it won't seem as bad when other projects have long build times because we collectively will be entertained and distracted by other new things opening.

This also, of course, if Disney's own fault since there was no reason to be in such a building freeze for so long. With four theme parks in Florida, it's inexcusable to not have some sort of development somewhere at all times and to have a fairly steady deployment of new attractions at WDW over time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No "inside info" here, but I'm guessing "late Spring/early Summer"; that will give them a window from the popular Earth Day opening rumor through July 4th. Unless, of course, they are way behind schedule...
Agreed. If this thing is really on track my guess is they will announce a "Spring 2017" opening. That is what they did with Mine Train and it opened the end of May. A lot of people considered that a little late to still be considered a "Spring opening", but it technically was. The first day of Summer is June 21,2017 so technically an opening as late as June 20 would still be classified as Spring 2017. I can't see this being done before March 20 (first day of Spring) so Spring 2017 is a pretty safe bet. That's assuming it's not already behind schedule. If they know it won't be ready by the end of June they may just keep it at "opening in 2017".

OldBlueEyes

Is this supposed to be some sort of plant? It looks really interesting I just don't know what it is.
Here it is in the model:
DSC_6515-X3-Cropped.jpg

Pretty big fella!
(Pic from MiceChat)
OBE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom