AVATAR land construction progress

brb1006

3huK2Zb.jpg

180º

Like I said earlier, I've been poring over the blueprints lately with nothing to guide me except my own imagination and hints from our esteemed insiders. For the sake of discussion (and for those who can't bear to look at fuzzy blueprints), I'm posting my incomplete interpretation of the plans based on the blueprints, construction photos, and what's been said in this thread lately. Aside from probably being wrong on all counts, I still have SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Title.jpg

Level4.jpg

Level5.jpg

Level3.jpg

Arrangement.jpg

Some more notes:
• I didn't bother labeling the backstage areas, though I'm fairly certain what they contain.
• I didn't label what the blueprints call "shafts," but they're the skinny horizontal rectangles in the middle of the building that appear on each level and I'm pretty sure they're for the transportation of 3D glasses from Cleaning on the lower level to Pick-Up on the upper levels.
• Some details from the blueprints don't align with construction photos, namely the exit staircase from Theaters A and B Level 5. In construction photos it looks like just a regular emergency exit stairwell extending the height of the building.
• I may be off on the level placement. Is level 4 really level 3 and level 3, level 2? Is level 5 actually level 4? Etc.
• Does it load on two levels or three? Or just one?
• The ride itself still confounds me. One idea that intrigues me is that rather than running all levels of one theater at a time (à la Soarin'), only one level of ride vehicles is in the ride at a time, while the other level unloads and loads guests. That's roughly the same system used at Tower of Terror in California and Paris. If it's a two-level system, this method could offer the same capacity as running both levels at the same time. If the ride is involved with so many moving screens, possibly props, and other effects, this system could simplify the show quite a bit by reducing the number of vehicles in the show at any given time to half. These reported moving screens could also rise or lower to meet whichever level is about to enter the ride.

Furthermore, what the heck will we ride in? Is it similar enough to the Vekoma system that we will be suspended from above in benches, feet dangling and all? Will the mechanism actually be below us, hoisting us into the sky like Astro Orbiter? Will we mount banshees on the loading platform, or will animatronic banshees appear from pits behind the lower screen after the top section splits? Will the banshees just be part of the projected video? Are there even banshees in the ride? What holds up the ride vehicles? What supports the moving screens?

Offer up your suggestions!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Like I said earlier, I've been poring over the blueprints lately with nothing to guide me except my own imagination and hints from our esteemed insiders. For the sake of discussion (and for those who can't bear to look at fuzzy blueprints), I'm posting my incomplete interpretation of the plans based on the blueprints, construction photos, and what's been said in this thread lately. Aside from probably being wrong on all counts, I still have SO MANY QUESTIONS.

View attachment 157213

View attachment 157215

View attachment 157216

View attachment 157214

View attachment 157217

Some more notes:
• I didn't bother labeling the backstage areas, though I'm fairly certain what they contain.
• I didn't label what the blueprints call "shafts," but they're the skinny horizontal rectangles in the middle of the building that appear on each level and I'm pretty sure they're for the transportation of 3D glasses from Cleaning on the lower level to Pick-Up on the upper levels.
• Some details from the blueprints don't align with construction photos, namely the exit staircase from Theaters A and B Level 5. In construction photos it looks like just a regular emergency exit stairwell extending the height of the building.
• I may be off on the level placement. Is level 4 really level 3 and level 3, level 2? Is level 5 actually level 4? Etc.
• The ride itself still confounds me. One idea that intrigues me is that rather than running all levels of one theater at a time (à la Soarin'), only one level of ride vehicles is in the ride at a time, while the other level unloads and loads guests. That's roughly the same system used at Tower of Terror in California and Paris. If it's a two-level system, this method could offer the same capacity as running both levels at the same time. If the ride is involved with so many moving screens, possibly props, and other effects, this system could simplify the show quite a bit by reducing the number of vehicles in the show at any given time to half. These reported moving screens could also rise or lower to meet whichever level is about to enter the ride.

Furthermore, what the heck will we ride in? Is it similar enough to the Vekoma system that we will be suspended from above in benches, feet dangling and all? Will the mechanism actually be below us, hoisting us into the sky like Astro Orbiter? Will we mount banshees on the loading platform, or will animatronic banshees appear from pits behind the lower screen after the top section splits? Will the banshees just be part of the projected video? Are there even banshees in the ride? What holds up the ride vehicles? What supports the moving screens?

Very nice work, if nothing else this is a great starting point for further discussion.

No Name

View attachment 157213

View attachment 157215

View attachment 157216

View attachment 157214

View attachment 157217

Some more notes:

Incredible. Well done and thank you. I think you're close to correct, at least the big details are right. The lines are quite helpful and I had never put the whole thing together in my mind. Of course you not only did it in your mind, but then proceeded to illustrate it very nicely for us all to see.

It looks for sure like it loads on two levels. And I think there will be banshees in the ride, LOL. As for the number of floors, I am also confused, and hope someone like Dan knows. As for any other questions you have, I surely don't have any answers. But I do have more questions.

How do handicapped guests load? I'm guessing that there will be an evelator (or two) next to the exit stairs for theaters C and D, and they'll load on the same floors as regular guests.

How do regular guests get to floor 4 to begin with?

That's all for now. Thanks again.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

View attachment 157213

View attachment 157215

View attachment 157216

View attachment 157214

View attachment 157217

Some more notes:

Fantastic work. The only thing you are missing is the gift shop;). This is Disney, the ride has to exit into a gift shop.

toolsnspools

The idea that the show screens would raise and lower to essentially create an upper and a lower viewing area make a lot of sense. Load on floor 5 while floor 4 is riding, then reverse. That would essentially put the ride at 8 theaters. It will allow for higher capacity on the ride with a smaller number of riders per show, making the actual show more personal.

180º

How do handicapped guests load? I'm guessing that there will be an evelator (or two) next to the exit stairs for theaters C and D, and they'll load on the same floors as regular guests.

How do regular guests get to floor 4 to begin with?

That's all for now. Thanks again.
I believe the elevated terrain of the park plus meandering, gradually inclining pathways– all outside the bounds of the building– will allow guests to reach the upper floors, so no need for elevators for the ADA theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom