AVATAR land construction progress

RSoxNo1

So . . . someone here has some knowledge. That's the first I've heard of any of the floating mountains
having maintenance rooms! One would assume some sort of access to the plumbing for the water features, and lighting access
but not rooms . . . hmm . . . do share more "Tales of the Infrastructure", if you can, lol.

I just re-watched the film last night. Still like it! When they are climbing to the rookery, the smaller rocks do indeed move
just a bit, reacting under their weight. I didn't see the larger ones moving, probably the larger ones won't, but some small
ones might/could slightly shift to aid in the floating illusion. I'm sure somewhere in the land there will be some 'Unobtanium'
display . . .
There's actually a basketball court in the tallest one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

:cool:

prberk

One of my favourite exercises, I can now use a major project that isn't RSR as a gauge of how far along Pandora is.

Roaring Mountain 1 year ago

6B3484E983B51754F8523EF8301B252B.JPG

D147B3A4CC395A08C754450A538643B4.JPG

12 months later it is cycling and one of the few SDL rides people are confident will be open.

roaring.jpg~original

What does it mean? Don't expect to be stepping foot in Pandora this year, but things still strongly point to the first half of 2017, as usual.

OK, so I have not been following Pandora that much -- mostly because I could hardly care less about the movie, so my excitement about it at DHS is not that great except for the new idea of a new land and new rides.

But what I see here is yet another Khali River Rapids (or any other off-the-shelf rapids ride from any theme park, USA), except with jungle theming.

Did I read this wrong? Please tell me so.

I very well could have, as I rarely visit this thread and only went back a few pages. But please tell me that I am wrong.

A foolish mortal

OK, so I have not been following Pandora that much -- mostly because I could hardly care less about the movie, so my excitement about it at DHS is not that great except for the new idea of a new land and new rides.

But what I see here is yet another Khali River Rapids (or any other off-the-shelf rapids ride from any theme park, USA), except with jungle theming.

I very well could have, as I rarely visit this thread and only went back a few pages. But please tell me that I am wrong.
This is "Roaring Rapids" from Shanghai Disney Resort.. not Pandora :) We will be getting a boat ride like Small World and a new attraction some people like to call Soarin 2.0 :p Hope that helps ;) https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/attractions/roaring-rapids/

Disneyhead'71

The raft ride is in Shainghai. Pandora is getting a boat ride closer to Pirates or Small World as far as ride vehicle.

prberk

This is "Roaring Rapids" from Shanghai Disney Resort.. not Pandora :) Hope that helps ;) https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/attractions/roaring-rapids/

The raft ride is in Shainghai. Pandora is getting a boat ride closer to Pirates or Small World as far as ride vehicle.

Yes, thanks. Breathing a sigh of relief. I should have read farther back probably.

Just thought that, since it was in this thread, it was Pandora. Silly me. (I never engage in going off topic of a thread, you know...).

Thanks again.

Brian Swan

1. Picture is of Roaring Rapids in Shanghai, not WDW
2. Pandora is being built in AK, not DHS.
3. The boat ride going into Pandora will have boats similar to PoC, but rumors indicate that it may be a next-gen ride system with new technology visuals.

A foolish mortal

1. Picture is of Roaring Rapids in Shanghai, not WDW
2. Pandora is being built in AK, not DHS.
3. The boat ride going into Pandora will have boats similar to PoC, but rumors indicate that it may be a next-gen ride system with new technology visuals.
I dont think 3 people with the exact same answer is good enough for @prberk . I think we need at least one more for @prberk to understand :facepalm: anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom