AVATAR land construction progress

dreamscometrue

Do any of the rooms even face DAK? Obviously there aren't any rooms that can see Everest so id imagine the floating mountains probably can't be seen from the resort either.
You can see the very top of Everest from some locations on the 6th floor of Jambo House. Twice we've stayed in the room closest to the elevator on the DVC 6th floor (overlooking the pool), and we can see the tip of Everest clearly. It's actually a bit easier to find it at night because of the way it is illuminated. In the morning or at night when it's really quiet, you can easily hear the people screaming on the ride too. :) Having said that, we haven't been there since 2014. I'll let you know in March lol.

HauntedMansionFLA

You can see the very top of Everest from some locations on the 6th floor of Jambo House. Twice we've stayed in the room closest to the elevator on the DVC 6th floor (overlooking the pool), and we can see the tip of Everest clearly. It's actually a bit easier to find it at night because of the way it is illuminated. In the morning or at night when it's really quiet, you can easily hear the people screaming on the ride too. :) Having said that, we haven't been there since 2014. I'll let you know in March lol.
Hey, sounds good. They will have more of the floating mountains done. Plus, they probably will be test running the nighttime entertainment. Maybe You will see the lights from Tree of Life and rivers of life show.

Tom

Beta Return
Silly novice question...apparently there is someone inside that crane in the white box near the top. Wow...scary job that must be 2-300 feet up. do you have to climb up the internal structure/staircase?

There is a ladder within the support structure to get to the cab. You can see it here. And you thought your commute to work every day was rough. ;)

View attachment 123359

And don't forget to take your potty bucket.

ToTBellHop

Hey, sounds good. They will have more of the floating mountains done. Plus, they probably will be test running the nighttime entertainment. Maybe You will see the lights from Tree of Life and rivers of life show.
I can't imagine River of Light being visible. It's all lower level visual effects. Is the Tree visible from AKL? It's considerably shorter than Everest.

Brian Swan

Do any of the rooms even face DAK? Obviously there aren't any rooms that can see Everest so id imagine the floating mountains probably can't be seen from the resort either.
Actually, that is incorrect. I was able to see both EE and the top of the tree of life from my 5th floor balcony in Jambo House. It was last Nov so there were no Pandora structures up yet, but I could see cranes.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Dec. 23. Busy construction work today on the mountains.

IMG_7114.JPG

dstrawn9889

Are all those vines for that one mountain or several? Do we know how many floating mountains there will be?
if you look at the pictures, you will see that ALL of the beams shown are connected to things already, and that the ones that are flown in ready to go have the beams attached to THEM, then are connected to the structure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom