AVATAR land construction progress

flyerjab

One thing that is nice to see (at least in my opinion) is there seems to be some more interest in this project now. I remember a time when I posted a photo update of the construction and I would get 7 or 8 likes, and always from the same people. Now I post one photo and I am up around 30 likes. I have always said that as the mountains continue to rise above DAK that the intrigue for this expansion will dramatically increase.

BrianLo

Awesome photo! That's the angle from the D23 model I was dying to get, but Disney did a great job of obscuring it.

You can really gain an appreciation for the huge difference in gradient between Flight of Passage and the boat ride now.

Also, in the background, I am fairly certain that you can see what will become the possible QS restaurant building. So much is made clear in that one photo.

It appears that way too, but it's actually a pre-existing ?bus shed. The North of the land where the QS will occupy is actually cut off in this photo on the right. Although based on NearMap they hadn't yet gone vertical.

Atomicmickey

Ah, didn't know that stuff expired. Hm. Well, as I said, it applied to the discussion, but
was ultimately frustrating.

Here's a screenshot from my browser. Imagine this shaking, and see, you're not so sad, anymore.

NCJBzK1.jpg

RayTheFirefly

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me about the mountain on the right side. Where does the boat ride fit in there?

Your guess is as good as mine.

In the attached image, it looks to me like bottom of the front wall of the boat ride warehouse is what's outlined in red. The height and ceiling of the boat ride is outlined in blue. A nice, high ceiling for lots of show elements :) (you can tell from that emergency exit doorway). It looks to me like the area outlined in green is the queue for the Soarin' ride (a two story area). Again, just my guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

twebber55

Your guess is as good as mine.

In the attached image, it looks to me like bottom of the front wall of the boat ride warehouse is what's outlined in red. The height and ceiling of the boat ride is outlined in blue. A nice, high ceiling for lots of show elements :) (you can tell from that emergency exit doorway). It looks to me like the area outlined in green is the queue for the Soarin' ride (a two story area). Again, just my guess.

VJsNavPP5KokQWFfAUq3FcmgpZwE40EtHIgRRDyKwHlGJf73DoasJRD2LXZmRh4SgJyJdEBv10CJBc5YLNt--gsRloUlPtZsAjD07kCc3wglqEi76VftdHChu43V2c_ZkVUK_P2cOZMKdXVt9RT4K2NQ9bsAZuwwnRa0-U6p3CQbSHuczV6cRgrpA7zsizRQM4LqwFy_dGNnS0rZUmpR5L2-bPqWlQzs86yvR_L7rsbtUgspNmD9Dz6Ny-Rd2jUEc0JJR_K-HB3Tw8zQ7OEbkFzyRV_N9-widSIQRylq61XOGlmvCY0nC1UHOHsqt4mi9Pfy79CppQOmVOWwQgoaI7bmkJgKkhWlahQmmJ7E-9wWYiBHnVKAHQ_Q6dgdJQVvacjXJ27Z-Ra9ObqpWoOWclCDiBTJxG-8aZxaGPWRa9Vlt28H3_UXccahR32SFUulHP5d6-J0EyrNdE2lljsPeJ07ZN3wZAmsa2TJ-6o_QdIH6mZPJetAuWOAlLWMzYyZmw-vvZAzRdNieVZU5rOmp-e7xRG4dbao7ghLwtoqlOdsZvXdOUUc5YtqPYE5COr5y2qb22YE1GpXD5XdzxLK91XQex6HYC720L2OUtaStEEQ62EEPpCAogQL2OjHT3Wbp7VIdRI1FW0xha38EtwpcOlq=w1342-h547-l75-ft
can t see your picture

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom