AVATAR land construction progress

dman1373

I really do think Dinoland needs the most help at Animal Kingdom! Dinosaur is a great ride it just needs some tlc but the rest.....it's just crap!

That roller coaster is the same ride at all the six flags locations and the spinner is exactly another dumbo! Dinosaurs are cool and they need to take them more seriously! I think dinosaur does a good job of making you feel like your back in time with real dinosaurs! Why can't the rest of the land be believable!?

I think it needs to turn into a working dinosaur dig site or something and bring in the excavator! I don't know what but more then just what's there now!
I agree 100%. When it comes to terrible lands, dinoland is the worst. Its sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the great theming in animal kingdom.

CrescentLake

It begins...

But was there ever a doubt? By the reasoned among us, I mean. ;)

Settle down. Pretty sure we crossed the whole "point of no return" when they "broke ground." Even the doubters have said that Avatar was a go after a certain point. I'm sure there was "doubt" for quite some time, seeing as they announced Avatar two+ years ago and just now started work. Best to be humble here.

About time though that there is a crane on sight. Kind of a pity we'll be largely in the dark about construction except for aerial photos. Though I prefer not seeing construction walls up everywhere like in the MK. At least until the nighttime spectacular preparations begin.

Also, anyone have any idea on the Lion King progress?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There was never a doubt that once Avatar became Iger's pet project that it would be STARTED, How well it is executed or whether it will ever be FINISHED are the open questions now.

Historically former CEO's 'pet projects' are usually the first to be cut when a new CEO arrives and with Iger out in 2015 now and Project scheduled to open in 2017 there is a bit of uncertainty whether it will come to fruition or we will have a 20KLeagues style zombie land in AK until TDO finds something ELSE to put there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There is zero doubt. There isn't enough egg in the world to cover their face if they didn't build Pandora now.

Hold that thought until Iger's successor comes in, Just look at Christie cancelling the cross hudson tunnel which was his predecessor's signature project, That cancellation cost the NJ taxpayers a quarter of a billion dollars after spending three quarters of a Billion dollars. This kind of cancellation runs on ego not rationality. If Iger were to stay until 2017 I would guarantee it's completion with Iger leaving in 2015 i'd give it 50-50 and pick-em odds at best.

twebber55

Hold that thought until Iger's successor comes in, Just look at Christie cancelling the cross hudson tunnel which was his predecessor's signature project, That cancellation cost the NJ taxpayers a quarter of a billion dollars after spending three quarters of a Billion dollars. This kind of cancellation runs on ego not rationality. If Iger were to stay until 2017 I would guarantee it's completion with Iger leaving in 2015 i'd give it 50-50 and pick-em odds at best.
this conversation needs to go to the other thread..this is about the progress of Pandora, right?

Tom

Beta Return
I still think it will be a giant butterfly exhibit.

images.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom