AVATAR land construction progress

JS2014

I was at AK on Monday and noticed a very tall fake tree towards the west side of the park where avatar land is expected to be built. Due to the angle it was only visible to me while entering and exiting the parking lot, but it was definitely a very tall and narrow fake looking tree (nothing like the tree of life) that rose well above the tree line. Has anyone seen this or is it part of some other area I am not associating it with.

twebber55

I was at AK on Monday and noticed a very tall fake tree towards the west side of the park where avatar land is expected to be built. Due to the angle it was only visible to me while entering and exiting the parking lot, but it was definitely a very tall and narrow fake looking tree (nothing like the tree of life) that rose well above the tree line. Has anyone seen this or is it part of some other area I am not associating it with.
@themonkeyisthesultan would be the one to ask

Donald96

image.jpg
It was probably the cell phone tower disguised as a tree right outside Animal Kingdom; here's an aerial view of that "tree."

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

It is a cell phone tower.

rle4lunch

I agree with you entirely except your line should read "Seriously, Dinorama is awful and has always been awful and no amount of "theming" can change that."

Dinoland when it first opened was awesome, with one of the most complete, coherent and fully-realized backstories ever. It all made sense and it all worked together. If you haven't seen it, seek out the bulletin board across from the entrance to the Boneyard playground. It has a map of the land as it originally existed, and a lot of awesome details that bring everything together.

But then they added Dinorama and it brought the entire land down with it... And while I admit that the Imagineers did an incredible job getting Dinorama to look authentic to the backstory (cracked and faded parking lot and all), it was a horrible choice of a backstory to be given to work with...

I often think of the quote by someone from WDI (and I can never remember if it was Joe Rohde or Marty Sklar) in reference to Dinorama: "This could all be gone in a week..." ;)

-Rob

I often think of the quote by someone from WDI (and I can never remember if it was Joe Rohde or Marty Sklar) in reference to Dinorama: "This could all be gone in a week..."

We could only hope... Such a cheap/tacky/COMPLETELY out of place "Land". I cringe whenever walking through it. Blow it up like ToonTown and I'll be happy.

Rob562

I often think of the quote by someone from WDI (and I can never remember if it was Joe Rohde or Marty Sklar) in reference to Dinorama: "This could all be gone in a week..."

We could only hope... Such a cheap/tacky/COMPLETELY out of place "Land". I cringe whenever walking through it. Blow it up like ToonTown and I'll be happy.

They very well could be rid of it in a week. There's not much in the way if infrastructure that would have to be demolished. Just a few electrical lines, a couple water and sewer lines. There aren't even any bathrooms within the "road" boundary of Dinorama. They're all outside of it. (Chester & Hester's store, Nemo theater and Restaurantosaurus).

-Rob

matt9112

They very well could be rid of it in a week. There's not much in the way if infrastructure that would have to be demolished. Just a few electrical lines, a couple water and sewer lines. There aren't even any bathrooms within the "road" boundary of Dinorama. They're all outside of it. (Chester & Hester's store, Nemo theater and Restaurantosaurus).

-Rob

did Disney ever have any dino ride ideas?

Atomicmickey

TowerOfTerror

Some Avatar construction hearsay: Most of the insides of the CMM buildings are gutted, majority of the concrete walkways are ripped up, and mature trees are being relocated to the DAK tree farm. No building demos yet.

FOLK is taking a higher priority than Pandora for obvious time restraint reasons with the MJJP closing. Expect FOLK new area to be top notch. And there are small rumblings about the night time spectacle coming about.

twebber55

Well, a metal gate is an upgrade from Benches, right? :)

Hey, it's something.

I really wonder if they are still arguing over E-tickets and such. Just wondering. Probably not.
haha i really do think everything is pretty much set and we ll probably see more being done after FOTLK is up and running

Atomicmickey

Some Avatar construction hearsay: Most of the insides of the CMM buildings are gutted, majority of the concrete walkways are ripped up, and mature trees are being relocated to the DAK tree farm. No building demos yet.

FOLK is taking a higher priority than Pandora for obvious time restraint reasons with the MJJP closing. Expect FOLK new area to be top notch. And there are small rumblings about the night time spectacle coming about.

This makes sense, but it is frustrating these days that they can't seem to do more than one thing at a time. A team on Pandora, a team on FOTLK. Why not? I agree that getting the new area (which I also suspect will be done well) open ASAP is a priority.

All in good time, I guess. There are plenty of projects going on right now, just not E-tickets, I guess. Mine Train, Downtown Disney, Hub/second exit, etc.

But. Still.

Soarin' Over Pgh

This makes sense, but it is frustrating these days that they can't seem to do more than one thing at a time. A team on Pandora, a team on FOTLK. Why not? I agree that getting the new area (which I also suspect will be done well) open ASAP is a priority.

All in good time, I guess. There are plenty of projects going on right now, just not E-tickets, I guess. Mine Train, Downtown Disney, Hub/second exit, etc.

But. Still.

For a company the size of Disney, and for how much money Disney makes, it's embarrassing that they can't do more construction in a shorter time period.

It's shameful, really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom