AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mem11

Sure, but he also drew more from specific books. The point you're totally missing is Pochohontas was not a science fiction book he read as a child. And the themes you are referring to actually exist in that source material.

I don't disagree, I just thought you original response(and those that followed) were a little ham handed, harsh and not completely truthful. Anyhow you've convinced me. Like Pocahontas, Avatar is an unoriginal work based on stories and themes that have been around for ages :lookaroun. Glad we straighten that out :).

As to whether it belongs in DAK, I don't believe it does. I'd much rather see Disney let WDI come up with an original idea/concept ala BK - They do have a pretty good track record when comes to building lands/attractions that are loved by many. Unfortunately I don't see current management leaning in that direction.

While not a fan of Avatar, if they have to put it somewhere they have the perfect place down the street - DHS. Just my 2 cents...

Captain Chaos

We're gonna have to agree to disagree then.
I know what he meant, and to me it seems rather obvious.
:shrug:

I'll always defend friends, but only if they are in the right, which I believe to be the case here.

Oh, and "Spirit dust"...that's good!:lol:

Hey, we already have the pixie dust sniffers... and doomer/gloomers... Why not Spirit Dust sniffers for '74s die hard fans??? :)

But anyway, it is no big deal really... We are taking what he said two different ways... It's fine... and it happens...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hey, we already have the pixie dust sniffers... and doomer/gloomers... Why not Spirit Dust sniffers for '74s die hard fans??? :)

But anyway, it is no big deal really... We are taking what he said two different ways... It's fine... and it happens...

I mix my Pixie Dust with some Doom and Gloom...then top it off with a smidgen of Spirit Dust before use. Makes for a more even experience.

PirateFrank

I dunno...every project underway was raised and discussed by Iger at the annual meeting except avatar land...Then when he's asked about it, he looks like someone told him he had to bend over for a surprise colonoscopy.

I'm thinking spirit was being generous with 30/70. To me, based on the above, 3/97 seems like a more reasonable number....

Lee

Adventurer
A little dose of each is fine.... But some people over dose one way or the other... and that is unhealthy...
I discussed said substance with its namesake this evening. It would seem that "Spirit Dust" is the street name of the drug used as treatment for "Pixie Dust" dependency. Rather like a heroin/methadone relationship, and FDA approved for such use.
I dunno...every project underway was raised and discussed by Iger at the annual meeting except avatar land...Then when he's asked about it, he looks like someone told him he had to bend over for a surprise colonoscopy.
And isn't it odd that the biggest story to come out about the future of the P&R division wasn't even mentioned I the presentation? It took a fan's question to even get the name Avatar brought up.
I assure you, Iger was hoping he wouldn't get asked about it.

Captain Chaos

I discussed said substance with its namesake this evening. It would seem that "Spirit Dust" is the street name of the drug used as treatment for "Pixie Dust" dependency. Rather like a heroin/methadone relationship, and FDA approved for such use.

I was hoping he'd pop in here with a response... But hey, delivering his response is good enough... Glad he didn't take it personal cause it wasn't meant to be derogatory...

Lee

Adventurer
I was hoping he'd pop in here with a response... But hey, delivering his response is good enough... Glad he didn't take it personal cause it wasn't meant to be derogatory...

I wouldnt count on him popping in here for roughly two months.
I think he actually approves of the Spirit Dust concept.:lol:

Captain Chaos

I wouldnt count on him popping in here for roughly two months.
I think he actually approves of the Spirit Dust concept.:lol:

LOL.. figured he would... I was just trying to come up with something to call '74s fans... Again, nothing derogatory.. :) I figured we have pixie dust sniffers, and doom and gloomers, so why not Spirit Dusters... I have it trademarked, copyrighted, and anything else I can legally protect the term... I asked Disday, I get it for 50 years under some unknown and secret copyright law only he knows about... :)

Sir-Disney

I wasn't at the meeting, but this article seems to show that Iger again reconfirmed what was reconfirmed only a couple weeks ago. I have a feeling the more people ask, the more tight lipped they will be.

FrankLapidus

"I wasn't at the meeting, but this article seems to show that Iger again reconfirmed what was reconfirmed only a couple weeks ago."

This is a report of the meeting so its Iger's original confirmation rather than a reconfirmation.

NoChesterHester

I think it would be nice if no one actually made vague statements with no citation from their never directly mentioned "inside sources." Than the forum goers could actually focus on what was real and definite instead of all this doom and gloom stuff that will comes up every time a new project is announced.

I agree with you that there is far too much instant negativity from the fan community. I've been guilty of it as well.

On the sources however; no realistic person can ask anyone to burn their sources. It is how the world works. We would never find out anything if it had to be from an official source. This forum would be called "News" instea of News and Rumors.

No one wants to hear the official word. If they did no reason to frequent a message board - just wait for the press release.

Prototype82

I won't believe any kind of theme park rumor until I hear a press release. They said it's going to happen, so I believe it. Will I get my hopes up? No. (Or I'll try not to anyway.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom