AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Trey Cullifer

if i have dinner reservations and plan on going the fri the 26th is it safe to say i will be to see avatar land....and will fast passes be available even if it is not officially opening or should i change fri to dhs and do ak on monday

RandySavage

In length. Ride time will be longer.
It's been posted here by Martin that its cycle time (duration start to stop) is 3m57s, which matches the small building footprint.

For a slow-moving, atmospheric ride, this duration will feel very, very truncated (moreso than 7 dwarfs), so everyone should keep their expectations in check. I predict a lot of praise for the ride's atmopshere, sfx and animatronic, as well as major blowback on the ride's duration from both fans and general audience.

Daveeeeed

It's been posted here by Martin that its cycle time (duration start to stop) is 3m57s, which matches the small building footprint.

For a slow-moving, atmospheric ride, this duration will feel very, very truncated (moreso than 7 dwarfs), so everyone should keep their expectations in check. I predict a lot of praise for the ride's atmopshere, sfx and animatronic, as well as major blowback on the ride's duration from both fans and general audience.
That's longer than Maelstrom. Barely, but it is. Remember, Maelstrom had a lift hill. Perhaps the worry should be that it is not as long as Frozen: Ever After.

Last edited:

Hula Popper

3m57s doesn't sound much like an "expedition" or a "journey."

Daveeeeed

The heavy theming starts in the queue, like for Peter Pan which shouldn't make it feel like a quick on and off.
Actually when you step foot in the land. Take that back, when you step foot in the park. I mean Animal kingdom is so well themed throughout (looking at you Dinoland:D). On a more serious note, it really is. With the exception of American Waterfront and Mysterious Island, Africa, Asia, and Pandora are easily some of the arguably best lands in the world. Like DLP's Frontierland, Shanghai's Pirates Cove, WWoHP, Cars Land, Sunset Boulevard, Buenavista Street, Main Street etc.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Actually when you step foot in the land. Take that back, when you step foot in the park. I mean Animal kingdom is so well themed throughout (looking at you Dinoland:D). On a more serious note, it really is. With the exception of American Waterfront and Mysterious Island, Africa, Asia, and Pandora are easily some of the arguably best lands in the world. Like DLP's Frontierland, Shanghai's Pirates Cove, WWoHP, Cars Land, Sunset Boulevard, Buenavista Street, Main Street etc.
I maintain that thematically Animal Kingdom is the closest thing to DisneySea stateside. Africa and Asia hold up pretty darn well against any land in the world.

My personal order would be:
1. Africa
2. Diagon Alley
3. Mysterious Island
4. American Waterfront
5. Cars Land

Daveeeeed

I maintain that thematically Animal Kingdom is the closest thing to DisneySea stateside. Africa and Asia hold up pretty darn well against any land in the world.

My personal order would be:
1. Africa
2. Diagon Alley
3. Mysterious Island
4. American Waterfront
5. Cars Land
I haven't been, but I'd argue that American Waterfront is better than American Waterfront. I mean AW has Tot, Toy Story an amazing Waterfront with a harbor with incredible ships, a New York City area etc. it's also massive. I'd probably put Africa at #4, but I could spend hours there and I could see it higher. DLP's Frontierland is so so so good too.

From purely thematic purposes (not including rides) I'd rank them as follows:

1 Mysterious Island
2 American Waterfront
3 Frontierland DLP
4 Africa
5 Diagon Alley

Last edited:

Mike S

I haven't been, but I'd argue that American Waterfront is better than American Waterfront. I mean AW has Tot, Toy Story an amazing Waterfront with a harbor with incredible ships, a New York City area etc. it's also massive. I'd probably put Africa at #4, but I could spend hours there and I could see it higher. DLP's Frontierland is so so so good too.

From purely thematic purposes (not including rides) I'd rank them as follows:

1 Mysterious Island
2 American Waterfront
3 Frontierland DLP
4 Africa
5 Diagonal Alley
Lol, wut? :hilarious:

JohnD

so how much do I win for saying fallon (4/6) and volcano bay (5/25) opens before Avatar? :rolleyes:

You win our applause for being right.
Jag5k.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom