AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Miss Rapunzel

after watching avatar I was overall pleased with the movie's visual effects... Notice I said pleased.. I definitely wasn't jumping out of my seat or mind blown by the effects like I was for the movie frozen...However, I know you cant compare a movie like Avatar to the movie frozen. Anyways I did enjoy the movie but, I don't think a new land surrounding the movie is productive at all. In my opinion many Disney movies are forgotten or just underrated..I don't want that to happen to avatar but still a whole land???? I think a ride or a show like World of Color would be amazing for Avatar but the idea of having a whole land of just avatar already entices a bit of disapproval for me.

NoChesterHester

after watching avatar I was overall pleased with the movie's visual effects... Notice I said pleased.. I definitely wasn't jumping out of my seat or mind blown by the effects like I was for the movie frozen...However, I know you cant compare a movie like Avatar to the movie frozen. Anyways I did enjoy the movie but, I don't think a new land surrounding the movie is productive at all. In my opinion many Disney movies are forgotten or just underrated..I don't want that to happen to avatar but still a whole land???? I think a ride or a show like World of Color would be amazing for Avatar but the idea of having a whole land of just avatar already entices a bit of disapproval for me.

Was this such a compelling and unique point you needed to post it in multiple threads?

ChrisM

What effects in Frozen were mind blowing and/or made you jump out of your seat?

Kman101

The thing with Avatar is that there are probably millions of people who DO love the movie (we're a very small bunch here that don't seem to like the movie) and the visuals and Disney is banking on that. And not to mention they're probably riding a lot on the new movies being just as successful. Weren't there stories of depressed individuals who wanted to visit Pandora?

I mean, I still haven't seen the movie and really have had no desire to, but isn't the movie also about conservation? And it doesn't necessarily have to tie into any plot from the movie. Just use the scenic elements.

And at this point, it's likely going to be a success because Animal Kingdom desperately needs things to do. Is it my personal first choice? Not particularly but I'm willing to give it a chance. I'm more interested in the boat ride than flying on a supposed banshee. It's going to appeal to the mass crowds and that's what Disney cares about, IMO. I can see a lot of reasons why they went with this. I guess I'll have to watch the movie but the movie also doesn't have to have anything to do with the land besides, like I said, the visuals of said land and the plant life, etc. But we'll see what they do. (Of course they probably would tie in the movies elements). I had a friend who just couldn't stop raving about the movie when it came out. She loved it. So, to each their own, LOL

I remembered I did see a BIT of it when it was on FX, I think, and I personally didn't see a need to include real humans, but that's just me. So I guess I'll have to break down and spend the 3 (?) hours to watch the movie

MOXOMUMD

That's just it. Avatar wasn't a "Disney" movie.

jt04

A while back I did a calculation of how high the mountains would be based on the picture of the model...

"Here's my estimate... The person in the model nearest the mountain is 1/4" high and the mountain is 6" high. To make things easy lets estimate let's say that the person is 6' tall, so that would the mountain 144' high which would make it the same height as the Tree of Life. Obviously there could be mistakes in this calculation but it seems likely that the mountains will be over 100' tall."

I'd bet my last Disney Dollar that it will reach 200'.

RSoxNo1

or someone could misread the exact height specs..and the result may be...
StonehengeSpinalTap_8B9BBD6B-BFBE-8D12-CF11211541ECFB3D.jpg
spinal-tap-tiny-stonehenge.jpg
center_230edc_640561.jpg

Kman101

I think I will finally have to watch it, so I can I guess have a 'full opinion' on what we may see. I think the length has been the biggest reason I haven't had much of a desire. I'm still anxious to see the land once it's finally done and remain somewhat excited for the boat ride.

spacemt354

Chili's
The plot of the movie was quite generic. Actually, it reminded me a lot of Pocahontas, just adding more cinematography/CGI in order to enhance the setting and effects. When it first came out, I remember conversing with a group of friends the similarities that the two movies share. That's the reason why people don't like Avatar as much; it lacks creativity in the plot, but makes up for it in the cinematography. That's why I am excited to see what Disney does with it because they can really show off their skills, if they do it right, by creating an Avatar land.
Good points. I agree.

Hey I noticed our trip countdowns are basically the same...it's almost like we are going on the same trip! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom